voluntary placement Residential Treatment Center (RTC), time has run out, ward of court? anybody been there? HELP

Abbey,

There are two or three positions open for Special Education teachers in Belleville, MI. One of them is for my little guys class the teacher quit 5 weeks into the semester and they know have a social worker (who's not sure what to do teaching wise) subing in his class until they can find somebody. If your interested email me and I will give you the phone # for the school were you can get more info.

------------------
31 yr old single mother
8 yr difficult child Joey has ADHD and ODD in psychiatric hospital twice in as many years.
trying to get the court system out of my life.
easy child=SugarBear my 1 1/2yr old furkid

Does anyone know of any laws like this in Illinois? We are currently discussing making our son a ward of the court with our attorney. He was kicked out of residential treatment after 8 months for being a danger to the other children and non-compliance. Previously 5 hospitalizations. Insurance is up. Can't afford anything out of pocket. One of our county social service agencies suggested a 60-day guardianship, which means he would live in a home where people are trained to deal with him, and we would be safe. But they called back today and said they don't have any homes right now, so basically we are out of luck. Only other option is making him a ward of the court. by the way...the police don't help either!

We are in Southern CA also and Hospital recommended that we relinquish custody of our son when we balked at the price of care after he was taken in by the sheriff on a 5150. $700 per day is not ready cash we have lying around. He was held for 18 days the last time, we negotiated with the hospital to $100/day. But I learned here - from foreverheavenly, that AB2726 should be billed for the hospitalization. THANK YOU FOR THE INFO!

difficult child is AB2726 and is currently in day treatment. Currently being reevlauated for Residential Treatment Center (RTC) - 11/17 is the date of the deciding IEP. Have been told that because of recent behaviors - exacto knife at school, deliberately shorting out the electricity by shoving things into light sockets and burning out the wires in four walls of the school, CA Residential Treatment Center (RTC) facilities may not take him. His behavior would require locked facility. Currently Texas and Utah are our options . . . Getting more and more difficult by the minute. . . I no longer cry or blow up when greeted with the latest "incident" - all the energy I can muster is either in laughing or just shaking my head.

I am so thankful for all of you - just knowing we are not alone is a help!

------------------
12 yr m difficult child,neurontin, ODD, depression, diabetic, ADHD - have tried everything but the kitchen sink!
9 yr easy child, boy
1 super spouse
3 dogs
"one step at a time . . ."

Dear Queenmom,

I think that an out of state placement is a long shot really I think that there are places in state that can offer your son the structure and keep him and others safe. At the Residential Treatment Center (RTC) where my 9 y/o is at there is no way that a child would be left alone or even in a position or have a chance to do stuff liek you discribe as the kids are supervised 24/7.

if you have any ???s you can email me

------------------
Love,
-jdbjdb-

11 year difficult child good kid ADD,Depression/Axienty,Aspergers & NonVerbal Learning Disorder (NVLD) medications trying out Zoloft25 mg and been taking Adderall 10mg
9 y/o difficult child Bipolar -Topamax 100mg BID,Risperdal 1mg am 2mg pm & Cogentin PRN
10-6-2000 placed in a level 11 Residential Treatment Center (RTC) for boys
husband I am blessed with a great man
me-heroic mom-School Bus Driver (-:

When you get to the end of your rope tie a knot and hold on.
Phil 4:19 I can do ALL things through Christ who strengtens me

sani

Yesturday I wrote a long letter about the troubles we had getting help for our difficult child. Guess where all that took place??? San Bernardino County, Ca. As I stated in my letter the one thing that I did that finally got the ball rolling in our favor was that I went to CPS and asked them if it was possible to sue the County for negecting our child, it may sound crazy, but it worked!!! I had refused to pick her up from the hospital when they wanted to dismiss her after only 3 days, and was told by a social worker at the Dept. of MH "the hospital was not for every mom who wanted to "dump" off their child"...therefore if I wanted to get proper help for our difficult child I would have to sign off my rights as a parent...needless to say THIS mom went off! (it worked)