34 year old son is killing my soul

Ironbutterfly

If focused on a single leaf you won't see the tree
Welcome: I really enjoy reading your posts.You are a vary talented writer. You should either start a blog or write a book. Your words tell a story with an ebb and flow; one that bares the heart and soul of the pain, the loss, the struggles, the memories; to the beauty of your home, your cabin, surrounded by nature, hiking trails, your grand children, picnics, flying kites, bubbles in the jacuzzi, the loves of your life, your fur babies.

I am sorry about your son and his life and for the loss of your fur babies.

beebz

Welcome: I really enjoy reading your posts.You are a vary talented writer. You should either start a blog or write a book. Your words tell a story with an ebb and flow; one that bares the heart and soul of the pain, the loss, the struggles, the memories; to the beauty of your home, your cabin, surrounded by nature, hiking trails, your grand children, picnics, flying kites, bubbles in the jacuzzi, the loves of your life, your fur babies.

I am sorry about your son and his life and for the loss of your fur babies.

Thank you Iron, thank you. I'd like to thank the academy, my parents lol
If I had a nickel for every time someone told me I should "write" I'd be rich...
and you know what I'd do if I were "rich"?
I'd open an animal rescue, preferably dogs, and have X-drug addicts run it and rehabilitate themselves.
I'd live every day hugging a dog and letting a druggie know that it is ok, they are NOT second class citizens and everyone deserves love,caring and sharing. An animal is so therapeutic.
That is my dream.
I'd also like to become "rich" monetarily so I could relieve my husband of employment. He works with 2 disabilities and its time to stop. He could probably go to retirement age, but dawg-gone-it - I'd love to relieve him of his already over 40 years of labor. Then he could roam around on the property and probably spend most of the day hugging a puppy and smelling puppy breath.
He was injured in the military, and has a form of Muscular Dystrophy also. You'd never know to look at him that he is ill but I know I'd like him to take an early retirement. Wow - I sure am off topic here right now - haha

I asked my husband today at what point do you file a missing persons report? There was always someone reporting "I've seen them here or I've seen them walking there" - or a stray text, but its been rather silent lately. There were two attempts by myself and another family member to contact them and this is the first time there has been zero reply. My troubled son, no matter how troubled he is, has an undying love and respect for his younger brother and has no ill-will or bad feelings for his huge success and even his often "tough-love" approach at helping him(or not) . So, not replying to him is scary suspicious.

My mental health as of late is suffering. I don't know how some people do it and I don't know how so many can be so cruel and say things nasty about mental illness and/or drug addiction.

A psychologist once told me, a person CAN'T be ALL bad - in the case of my son he drew a pie of all the bad things (toppings) and there were lots, then add the "good toppings" and there were so many - so very many. The love of his girls, the love of animals, the memorizing of every word and lesson out of my mouth to him all his life, his smile, his laughter, his defense of the underdog in school or the kid ('s) who were bullied. His impeccable memory of movies and acting them out. His gentleness in speaking, his eye contact when speaking or listening. Yet he has always said to me "I want to feel normal", "just normal". The Dr's over the years threw every drug at him imaginable for whatever the Dr's, the government and big pharmacy recommended and nothing worked or even made it worse.

Right now I still have hope that he'll be a success story of his many drug-free talents and one day I'll have two sons to take care of myself and my husband in the sunset of our lives.

Thank any and all for listening to my rant today - my therapy - my heart and soul.... Warmly, Barb

Elsi

A psychologist once told me, a person CAN'T be ALL bad - in the case of my son he drew a pie of all the bad things (toppings) and there were lots, then add the "good toppings" and there were so many - so very many. The love of his girls, the love of animals, the memorizing of every word and lesson out of my mouth to him all his life, his smile, his laughter, his defense of the underdog in school or the kid ('s) who were bullied. His impeccable memory of movies and acting them out. His gentleness in speaking, his eye contact when speaking or listening.

That is a lot of good things to build on. Sometimes when the bad things seem overwhelming they can overshadow all the good. But it’s good to remember the good things, too. I believe that is where they can still find their salvation. In the good inside of them. In their gifts.

I hope you hear from him soon. I hate it when mine go dark.

beebz

Mercy. I haven't been alone in a long time to wallow in my sorrow until now. We were part of the government shutdown so my husband was home with me for 35 glorious days. He talked me into another "puppy" and we coddled this little 2lb runt in our arms , literally, for that whole 35 days. As I sit here now, he is a 20 lb Boxer in what appears to be his terrible two's and makes me very very happy.

Recently, my husband and I arrived home to a strange vehicle in our driveway. I ran inside for the puppy and the "loo" (lol), thinking it was my other son. I quickly put it together in my head what was going on at the same time my husband approached me and said "its Mark". Somehow within a nano second I already knew it. He was next door with my parents(same home). I went into the garage to smoke and there he was. He looked at me lovingly, stood up and said "hi mom" and gave me his usual loving hug. He had access to our home for hours before we arrived home. I looked at him long and hard. He was dirty looking, long hair, skinny and looked high but I don't have a clue on what. He was kind sweet and calm. This was the ONE freaking weekend that I decided that I needed a break and did NOT get my grandaughters. dang, that all changed in a second in my heart wanting he and his daughters to be together. I quickly drove to get the girls. When we came home, I said, "go upstairs, go on, go upstairs". They did the what, why, what gammy, etc. When they opened the door I heard them yell "daddy"!!!! I told myself that I would let them all stay upstairs for the weekend and simply be a family. The "in-law" suite up over the garage is a real fun huge room, TV, cable, sofas, recliners, an indoor tent, year round Christmas lights.

My husband was pissed. He wanted him OUT and OUT NOW . We fought and disagreed. I knew Sunday night, when I returned the girls to their other granny, that I had to look at this shell of a human and say leave. I cried and screamed like a baby. I said to my husband, when you ask him to leave YOU FILL UP HIS TANK YOU PUT HIM IN A HOTEL FOR A NIGHT AND YOU GIVE HIM SOME CASH ! of which we agreed.

I had a few talks with Mark in the garage while we smoked and the girls weren't around. I cried why, what are you doing, what the hell do you call this, what is your plan.

I can't even finish this right now, it is soooo long what has been going on.

He went to the hotel, we got a bill for him smoking in the room. His fingers are more yellow than mustard !
He picks ciggs up off the ground and smokes them. We got a bill for phone calls. My husband put him up in a room free for a week with points !

He told me his wife left him, he told me he had a stroke in his brain stem, he told me he hurts, he told me he sees his wife from time to time with her new boyfriend, he told me he has to drive to another state to get proof of his existence because he has ZERO proof or paperwork of who he is. He has a different illegal unregistered car. He had a stroke in his eye and cant see. There is probably more but I believed every word. He was soft spoken and as beautiful as ever to me albeit homeless and the reasons why.

I sat in dread until the day his week of drugging it up in the hotel room ran out as a cold arctic blast was falling upon Ohio. , until we got the bill of his using us . I couldn't believe I fell for it.

I didn't hear from him again and carried on; getting the girls every weekend and enjoying my favorite free things in life as usual. Trying to keep on keeping on.

It was a 6 degree evening when I got a call from an unknown #. I ignored it. Moments later it rang again and something told me to answer it. The police were asking me to come get his car or it was going to be impounded. Nope, not going out and leaving MY truck on the side of the road to rescue he and his wife. Not putting the girls through it. I told the police they were homeless and that car was their home and the officer told me the same thing saying that he could not put them on the side of the road in 6 degrees and allowed them to drive illegally, no license (either of them) no insurance, no registration, one and a half miles to my driveway where they would "sleep". I told the officer if he really had that kindness in his heart and soul that a blessing would certainly come back to him.

I waited, shaking like a leaf, sitting in the window, watching for lights to arrive in my driveway. I told my husband, duh, he's going to quickly go the opposite direction as soon as the officer lets him go, he's not going to come here. Why would he do that. Much to my surprise I saw headlights arrive at the bottom of the driveway, stop and shut off. I just stared; the grand-daughters were beginning to notice. The car started back up, moved forward and stopped again. I walked out there and said "what the f**k are you two a**holes up to" to which my son replied, "what should we be up to" , I said, "well, you should be at a job and you (looking at his wife) should be cleaning your home "! He said, "I start work tomorrow and the house is clean" I said, "you have an apartment", he said, "we're living in it (car) and its clean".
I said get the hell in the house, you are not sitting out here in my driveway in 6 degrees, get the f in the house and see your children. I let them visit for an hour while they all had fun upstairs and I did not participate AT ALL. I then said to my husband, I don't give a rats a** but I AM keeping my schedule of these girls bedtime which is NOW. I went upstairs and told them, you got ten minutes to say goodnight, these girls need to go to bed. They agreed, didn't ask for nothing and left.

Theres more, theres so much more but I can't go on at the moment.

They are still homeless collecting tickets from compassionate police officers who ticket them but don't impound their "home"(car) -

to be continued.........

beebz

One thing that has me insane, and I mean insane is the stories. They are so meticulous, so perfect, so believable, artistic, mastermind manipulation. I already know, "if their lips are moving they're lying" -
The stories go on for decades. 2 decades. Is he schizophrenic ? The lies.

I don't want anyone to misunderstand this: Bin Laden, the monster who took my buildings, the World Trade Centers; to pull off the operation he did, he as a mastermind, brilliant. What he did was a brilliant plan. That doesn't mean it/he is good. He is a monster. But the mind, my sons mind in good and bad is absolutely brilliant. This has GOT to be a disease. No one wants to live like this. They really don't.

Because of so much abuse and even beatings in the head I tend to wander in my writing but I write anyway. When the police told them to park in my driveway, it was the first time I had seen my daughter in law. She might be 80 lbs. I did go upstairs, put my glasses on, grab her chin (lucky she didn't beat me again) and look at her face for a moment in time. Then walked out to let them poor girls see their parents. I did it for the girls. I was looking at her closely because "rumors" are that she had sores all over her face, must be on meth, but no, no sores, just no meat and no soul.

Their are stories in my head, most of which I believed that have scarred me for life. My mind doesn't even feel right. 2 decades of manipulation. I need mercy, I really do. I guess I just can't believe this is my life. Its not just having a drug addict son who is homeless, there is so much more that goes with it. My life should be a 6 part mini series where I gross 100 million. But, my soul looks into my puppies eyes and that is my reward to make me laugh, and letting my grand-daughters play in my "real" makeup. This weekend I let them have ice cream for breakfast. That might have been wrong, but these are also girls who sit with me and eat entire heads of cauliflower and broccoli so its all good lol

Our people, our country, our society does not take care of its mentally ill. It doesn't. I believe my son is mentally ill. I once told my husband, in 1960's non-politically correct language, if he is retarded, it is our job to take care of him. He is sick in the head. Does that mean anything at all? Does that diminish the fact that he is a human being? Lord I hurt so bad ......

beebz

by the way - while my son was here, with opportunity to take cash, jewelry, credit cards or any dam thing, he didn't....my house is rarely ever locked and he knows we don't hide anything, so, on a tiny bright side, he did not rob the house while he was here alone....
Thanks to anyone reading my therapy/typing thoughts.......

beebz

Yikes, me again, typing at my therapy/internet appointment.

There is something that keeps "playing" over and over and over in my head.

My brother is dead from the drug life.
I remember once he was sober; he stopped home for a visit, was saying bye to go out and said to my mother"If I ever do this drug again I will make sure I do enough to kill myself because I hate this way of life"
He never had to do that because he was murdered.

Fast forward my own son, who has filled my head with enough sick stuff and lies that it has damaged me.
Once, and I cant even remember when but I see it right now as I type, he was on his way up the stairs and said "I don't plan on living much longer anyway"

I really believed he'd be dead by now. My brother died at 33 and my son is now 34 and my head is on reruns.

It just occurred to me, that some of the stories he tells me, are really truth about himself. He doesn't talk in the third person but he tells me stories of "others" when really its him and he knows I'd figure it out but why? I beg him to go to rehab all the time but why does he tell me things, why does he want me to know?

Warm regards today to you all, Barbara

beebz

Ugly crying - sobbing so loud and so long on the long drive home from dropping him off yet again. Apparently this is so hard for me to bear; along with the fact that I've been living this same old record and beating this same old horse since I was 5-10; that I can't remember much from one day to the next. I am under a Dr's care for my mental health and have also had a few visits to the hospital lately from the flu "A".

I don't remember the last time I seen him. I could read my own post and figure that out but, I can't, I just can't/won't. I stopped in a mutual place recently and said "tell M I said I miss him and hello" - a week later he called from the mutual place. We talked, I let him visit his kids; I let him stay too long. 6 days. I was going to "help" this time, help him get back on his feet from pre-K (sarcasm) as the boy doesn't even have a birth certificate, pair of underwear, ...zip...zero... I believed the tall tales. The only one that was true was that his wife seems to be in a permanent state of psychosis from meth? Kratom? no clue really. I know this for a fact because I've seen her a dozen times, and the hospital called me to come get her, which I didn't.

I was going to help from the rock bottom but it took me a week to realize I fell for it again; and dropped him off a few hours ago.

The pain dangit, the pain. Thats my baby, thats my boy, thats my son, that is a human. What would Jesus do. I cried out Dear God please don't take him on the way home. I'm walking around in a fog crying enough tears to dehydrate myself ! He knows I love him to pieces. He tried to stay in the car. He wanted to play my heart strings again. He knows a mothers love. But, I let him take 6 bucks that was on the dash and said "get out".

I want the pain to go away !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want my son back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
Oh dear one, I'm so sorry for the deep pain you are experiencing. I wish I could tell you some magic words that would help but there just are not any. This is a journey that can suck the life force right out of us if we let it. IF WE LET IT.
We all have free will and choose every day how we will live our lives. Sadly, your son has chosen a life of drugs over his family. This does not mean that he cannot change, he can, but he has to want it bad enough to do the hard work to make the changes that will benefit him. The drugs have a strong hold on those who use them. The drugs whisper lies into their ears.

What helped me the most in detaching from my son was to stop seeing him as my "little boy" and to start really seeing him for the adult man he has become. The adult who chooses homelessness and drugs over his own children and parents. I had to truly accept that I could not rescue my son. I also had to accept the very worst scenario that would play out in my mind - that he could be dead and I would never know. That was a real fear for me but I had to choose not to let it overcome and paralyze me.

We the parents of these difficult adult children have our own lives to live and we should be doing just that. I will never allow my son to hold my emotions hostage again. I have made the choice to live my life to the very fullest and to be happy. I will always love my son but he has made his life what it is and it's a life that I cannot be part of as it's a toxic life.

I'm glad you are under a Dr.s care for your mental health. Please be very good to yourself.

((HUGS)) to you...................

beebz

Good Morning, afternoon and evening to all and wherever you are located.

I read back at my last few posts and realized how much I was repeating myself. I sure am in a dark dark dark place. One thing that really struck me was the line about our adult children *holding our emotions hostage* - I am still in that place.

I haven't really given in to the large gifts of cars cash and bailouts; or a roof over their heads at my expense; but I do see him every few weeks.

Yesterday I saw him to give him his 4th birth certificate to start from the bottom again on Identificatio to get employment and some kind of start again in life.

When I gave him a lift to the next town, upon arrival at picking him up, when I saw him he looked awful, just awful. So skinny and sloppy and homeless carrying a plastic sack with his too large clothing in it. I lectured him once again. Maybe words will work this time. I told him when he calls me with "good news" then I may participate in his long road to success.

I recently had a horrid illness and am back to square one with trying multiple antidepressants to help me cope (to no avail yet). The pills that work give me severe side effects and the ones that don't give me side effects do not help my head at all.

I found out some things through the grapevine recently. My sons wife took up with an older man who seems to be *saving* her. I saw her and she gained weight, came out of her psychosis, and seems happy. She does not have custody of her girls yet as myself and her mom are still sharing the raising of the little princesses.

I got a letter in the mail to my son that is a form from a medical center asking him to fill it out about his recent visit. I can't think of the term right now - lol - it is escaping me, right on the tip of my tongue. There it is, survey? Well, it seems he overdosed on heroin or whatever it may have been; fentynal?
He received 3 narcans, a ride to the hospital to be revived, and their car got impounded.

The drugs have a strong hold on him. Its been his whole life. I don't know that he has ever been sober.

I pulled my vehicle over when I picked him up yesterday, to talk, to look him straight/dead in the eyes to unload on him. I told him I wanted to bring him *home* to help him but I can't. I told him he *makes me sick* - I saw his heart stop when I said that. I clarified that it's not *you make me sick you gross human*, its *you make me sick with worry*. My husband yells at me that I can't see our son or let him visit his girls when I have them because I always go downhill during and after his visit.

I told my son when I was gathering my keys etc, to pick him up yesterday, that I immediately *got sick* , couldn't think straight, started vomiting and gagging in the trash can etc. However, I knew that I was only going to give him a lift to the next town. I knew that I have gotten a tad bit stronger to be able to say *get out of my car* - so, yesterday I said *bye, I love you, and call me with some good news, call me with some good news*

I AM afraid he is going to die. I see, at this time, that his soul is dead. He is trying, he doesn't want to commit suicide willingly, but I think he doesn't mind if he overdoses. The road back is long and the debt is 50k at least right now of credit cards and court judgements in a tri-county area of breaking leases for 3 years straight and getting judgements for the remaining year's rent which sure adds up.

I have taken the huge step of *dropping him off* whenever I see him, no matter how hard it is, that is a huge step for me. I don't see any steps for him yet; I do and I don't. I hope, I pray, I beg the creator. I am missing out on life, but this IS life, this is the life of parents, moms, dads, sisters, brothers, aunts uncles grandparents and friends of an addict.

Funny thing is, when he got in the car, for a ride to the next town, he got in the back seat (I had stopped by home, traded cars and picked up my husband to run errands on the way back) anyhow, the son got in the back seat; a moment later his arm came up through the center console with a 5 dollar bill and a lighter. I said whats that, he said "it was back here on the floor". I just can't believe his honesty. I took the lighter, and handed him back the 5. Of course the thought of *will that be the *5* that kills him* - ugh. I hate those thoughts. ...... husband didn't speak a word to him, not even a hello, hey, hi, later dude..... nothing. That chaps my arse so bad. I understand anger, disappointment etc - but husbands feelings come through as *hate* - and I have to deal with THAT also.

Again, thank you kindly for reading, listening, replying and helping me through this. I really can't believe some of your stories and grief and how we all parallel with each other on this planet with what reads as identical issues with our adult children.

I feel all of you deeply and am glad I found this place to let it all out.

Have a lovely day and stay safe to all and any who are in the path of the latest weather pattern upon us lately.

Hugs - B

Tanya M

Staff member
First, I just want to send you a BIG HUG!!
I'm glad you posted an update. Thanks for sharing with us.

Yesterday I saw him to give him his 4th birth certificate to start from the bottom again on Identificatio to get employment and some kind of start again in life.
I have lost count how many copies I have given my son. I will not do it again and made this very clear to him. I no longer live in the state where he was born and have to order copies online. I've spent a couple hundred bucks just on getting him copies.

My husband yells at me that I can't see our son or let him visit his girls when I have them because I always go downhill during and after his visit.
Your husband is concerned for your health and mental well being.
I think there can be a parallel with our kids. They are addicted to drugs and we can be addicted to trying to help them. Just as the drugs are not good for them, we, the parents staying stuck in "rescue mode" is not good for us.

I AM afraid he is going to die.
This is a real and valid fear. I used to let thoughts of my son dying consume me. Worrying if he died in a ditch would I ever know. The only way I was able to move on from these thoughts was to really face the fear and accept it. Yes, my son could die and I may never know. I then allowed myself to work through the grieving process. Yes, we can grieve for someone who is still alive. I grieved for the sweet little boy that I once knew and could cuddle with. I grieved for all the hopes and dreams I had for him. I grieved for myself as a mother that I would never have a close loving relationship with my one and only child.
I had to make a choice to not allow the fear to grip me to the point I couldn't breathe.

The road back is long and the debt is 50k at least right now of credit cards and court judgements in a tri-county area of breaking leases for 3 years straight and getting judgements for the remaining year's rent which sure adds up.
Yes, it's a long road back and the debt is his not yours. I have paid off debt for my son thinking I was helping him. All that accomplished was him obtaining more debt.
The bank of Mom & Dad is closed to my son. Even if I had a million dollars to give him I know that he would not be responsible with it. Money or lack of money is not the problem, it's their lack of choosing to be responsible.

I have taken the huge step of *dropping him off* whenever I see him, no matter how hard it is, that is a huge step for me. I don't see any steps for him yet; I do and I don't. I hope, I pray, I beg the creator. I am missing out on life, but this IS life, this is the life of parents, moms, dads, sisters, brothers, aunts uncles grandparents and friends of an addict.
Dear one, you may never see steps for him and my suggestion is to stop looking. Life is short and just as our adult kids choose to live their lives, we must do the same. Your life matters. There are other people in your life besides your son that are there for you, that love you and want to be a part of your life.
One of the best things I ever did for myself was to take my life back and to stop trying to "fix" my son's life. You need to focus on your physical and mental health. You need to do things that bring you joy. It's okay to be happy even when our kids lives are miserable. This does not make us insensitive to them. We will always love our kids but we cannot live for them, we must live for ourselves. We are not defined by being a "mom", we are so much more than that.

husband didn't speak a word to him, not even a hello, hey, hi, later dude..... nothing. That chaps my arse so bad. I understand anger, disappointment etc - but husbands feelings come through as *hate* - and I have to deal with THAT also.
Your perception of your husbands feelings coming through as hate is just that, your perception. Yes, your son may perceive this as hate also but your son needs to own his part in why your husband remains silent.
Please do not take on what your husbands emotions are. From what I can glean from your posts, your husband is fed up. His feelings are valid.
My husband and I have at times, over the years, been on opposite sides of how to deal with our son. My husband is usually more willing to give in than I am. What I can tell you is this, I will not allow how I feel or how my husband feels about our son to drive a wedge between us. If you are not doing so already, I suggest you and your husband make sure to take time just for the two of you. My husband and I would take drives on the weekend, just get in the car and go. The one rule was that we could not discuss or son. Sometimes there was lots of silence but the simple act of putting my hand on his leg let him know that I still loved him.

This is not an easy journey beebz but you are not alone.

beebz

Hello everyone who is suffering, healing, advising, supporting, crying, laughing and possibly even mourning.

Someone actually gave me condolences 2 days ago when they were introduced to me at a Christian Hope House and I nearly fainted. I said "_____ is dead"???? He's dead? to which the fellow replied, no, your son, other son. Oh really, my other son is alive and well but I guess the druggie/homeless son is using another con to get what he may want or need.

We are in a heat wave so I decided to go find my homeless son and say hello and give him a cold drink. I never did find him, I barely looked actually, as divine intervention sent me elsewhere. I sat with some prisoners, some preachers, some strangers and talked, listened, learned, cried and found out where my son is currently crashing. I didn't want to see him so I didn't. I had a nice visit with the above and went on home.

I am the type of person who has ALL the answers (most of them) yet am getting proved wrong so frequently lately on the dumbest stuff ever; actually learning simple answers to questions that really don't have factual answers, just opinions of people who just cope better than myself.

We are no closer to success, but there is some divine intervention taking place and I can only hope and pray for sons salvation to live a simple life before his warm body goes cold.

I am confused, and I am still seeking all types of antidepressants and am sick yet again with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) and have probably been in the hospital 2 more times since I last wrote here.

I ramble when I type and I am sorry for that. I am all over the place for the last decade it seems.

I want ya'll to know that I appreciate feed-back, replies, etc because sometimes or most of the time it seems like I am so alone in this. I grieve daily like this is a death. Currently I am stuck in a chair. I need some kite flying, bike riding, picnicking, cruising and Amish sandwiches!

Be well and know that wherever you are, there are millions just like us who have been hit by this same epidemic. You may not know it, but in my mind I feel you all to the depths of my soul and with every beat of my heart that we all may heal and laugh out loud !

Beebz~

JayPee

Sending good vibes...
I am somewhat new to this site and have read some of your posts recently. Your story is not exactly mine but it resonates with me. There are times when I feel strong but gosh darn, other times I'm right back to the beginning. Wishing, hoping for a "normal life" with my homeless sons. I'm not quite strong yet and easily get tangled in the "web" of enabling. Intellectually I get it 100% but my heart drags behind hurting and limping, sometimes in self-pity. I don't like that place and try to get myself out of it fast. It's not healthy for me to be "there".

Anyways, just wanted to send a shout out to you and let you know that I pray for everyone on this forum and their adult children and issues. I hope that your son gets better someday but in the meantime take care of yourself, be kind and gentle to yourself and know that others do care.

:notalone:I

Tanya M

Staff member
I am confused, and I am still seeking all types of antidepressants and am sick yet again with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD))) and have probably been in the hospital 2 more times since I last wrote here.
I'm so sorry you have not been well. I hope you are feeling better. I've heard Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) is an awful thing to deal with.

I grieve daily like this is a death.
My feeling on this is it is a death and should be grieved.
My son is very much alive but the son that was sweet no longer exists. All the hopes and dreams I had for my son to make something of himself, to settle down and have a family, those are all gone so I have grieved for all those things. The grieving process is not just for when someone dies.
We can grieve the loss of job, a home, a friendship, anything really.
For me, working through the grieving process really helped me to let go of my son and to accept that he is going to live his life on his terms, not on the dreams I once had for him.

I do hope you are feeling better and taking care of yourself. I hope you are doing special things for yourself that will bring you joy.

Sending you warm hugs!!! (not too warm since you are in a heat wave ;))

beebz

Hello everyone. I have been sobbing hard and loud and just saying "please God help him". We are coming up on another winter. I've seen him here and there to visit with his girls but I ALWAYS drop him off in the abyss of homelessness. When I turned my back on him last night, dropping him off, I was sick and still am. I'm at a funeral in my head right now.

He spent 10 days in jail recently and had an awakening. He said last night, after only days of trying, that he can't do "it", he doesn't see it happening. All I have left is to pray.

I was in his town yesterday so I found him, had lunch with him, went shoe shopping for myself (with him) and really had a giggly time - we have giggled together all his life; he has piercing eyes and you can look into his soul. Everything out of his mouth is a lie, but his soul is just so beautiful.
I dropped him off in the cold darkness and now I'm a mess.
Since 8pm last night my eyes have made a pond in my house. Just so many tears.

His wife is "missing" again. She went to jail, and the system said she was not right in the head so they transferred her to a hospital many miles away and held her there for 48 hours and then called me to pick her up. This girl could be in a mute psycho meth coma yet the only number in her head is mine and my husbands. Generally these days no one really knows their "contacts" actually phone numbers in their phones because they are all programmed in there by name. Yet God sends her to me. I do what I can, but the hospital asked me to come get her and I said NO. I can't, the daddy is in jail calling me non-stop and the mommy is in the hospital having social services call me to rescue her. I could not, did not.

The 1st guardian of my granddaughters (me 2nd) is in a wheelchair now and I am struggling so bad with where these girls are going to end up. I feel mental in my head to say the least lately. I think of boyfriends, prom, dances, baseball, cheerleading, NON STOP GOING, gymnastics, girly cycles ! , boyfriends, drugs, driving permits, licenses, HIGH auto insurance and think, dear God, I can't do this again. Dear God.
We are not there yet, with the other grandmother, but things don't look too good.

I hope everyone going through this has a "me" moment from time to time and has the time of their life being happy if only for a moment. I still find them, lately not as much, but I look for them !

A kitty found me. I don't like cats, at all, am sooooo not a cat person and am not afraid to say I hate cats as much as I hate wasps. I apologize but "hate" is not a bad word; I've been ridiculed for using it, "strongly dislike" I believe is the definition, so I just say hate.
Anyhoodle, a kitten was sent to me my the kitten Gods. The kitten was on my front porch. The kitten never left and the kitten acted like I gave birth to her and she was a re-incarnate of something in my lifetime. This kitty acted like she knew me for a thousand years.
I had hoped she and my Boxer became friends because watching the relationship between an 85lb clown Boxer and a kitty is hilarious .
To sum this up, the dang kitty lives in my house, I took the kitty to the vet and got ALL her shots, I took the kitty to the vet to get her "baby maker" taken out (as my grand daughters say) babymaker lol
Her and my Boxer are really really really funny.
Kitty was named "kitty kitty" - I call her Kick-A-Poo - she busted a fifty dollar Lenox dish yesterday. She is just wicked horrible doing damage to everything on every single surface in my home. I am decluttering or should I say she is - everything she ruins gets thrown away lol

Well, Bless your souls - may you find some laughter that hurts your ribs and jaws so bad that you nearly cry !
beebz*

beebz

I have seriously just noticed that in the timeline of life, that I wrote my last post backwards lol
Perhaps you should all read it backwards. lol - I've lost my marbles......

Triedntrue

Hello everyone. I have been sobbing hard and loud and just saying "please God help him". We are coming up on another winter. I've seen him here and there to visit with his girls but I ALWAYS drop him off in the abyss of homelessness. When I turned my back on him last night, dropping him off, I was sick and still am. I'm at a funeral in my head right now.

He spent 10 days in jail recently and had an awakening. He said last night, after only days of trying, that he can't do "it", he doesn't see it happening. All I have left is to pray.

I was in his town yesterday so I found him, had lunch with him, went shoe shopping for myself (with him) and really had a giggly time - we have giggled together all his life; he has piercing eyes and you can look into his soul. Everything out of his mouth is a lie, but his soul is just so beautiful.
I dropped him off in the cold darkness and now I'm a mess.
Since 8pm last night my eyes have made a pond in my house. Just so many tears.

His wife is "missing" again. She went to jail, and the system said she was not right in the head so they transferred her to a hospital many miles away and held her there for 48 hours and then called me to pick her up. This girl could be in a mute psycho meth coma yet the only number in her head is mine and my husbands. Generally these days no one really knows their "contacts" actually phone numbers in their phones because they are all programmed in there by name. Yet God sends her to me. I do what I can, but the hospital asked me to come get her and I said NO. I can't, the daddy is in jail calling me non-stop and the mommy is in the hospital having social services call me to rescue her. I could not, did not.

The 1st guardian of my granddaughters (me 2nd) is in a wheelchair now and I am struggling so bad with where these girls are going to end up. I feel mental in my head to say the least lately. I think of boyfriends, prom, dances, baseball, cheerleading, NON STOP GOING, gymnastics, girly cycles ! , boyfriends, drugs, driving permits, licenses, HIGH auto insurance and think, dear God, I can't do this again. Dear God.
We are not there yet, with the other grandmother, but things don't look too good.

I hope everyone going through this has a "me" moment from time to time and has the time of their life being happy if only for a moment. I still find them, lately not as much, but I look for them !

A kitty found me. I don't like cats, at all, am sooooo not a cat person and am not afraid to say I hate cats as much as I hate wasps. I apologize but "hate" is not a bad word; I've been ridiculed for using it, "strongly dislike" I believe is the definition, so I just say hate.
Anyhoodle, a kitten was sent to me my the kitten Gods. The kitten was on my front porch. The kitten never left and the kitten acted like I gave birth to her and she was a re-incarnate of something in my lifetime. This kitty acted like she knew me for a thousand years.
I had hoped she and my Boxer became friends because watching the relationship between an 85lb clown Boxer and a kitty is hilarious .
To sum this up, the dang kitty lives in my house, I took the kitty to the vet and got ALL her shots, I took the kitty to the vet to get her "baby maker" taken out (as my grand daughters say) babymaker lol
Her and my Boxer are really really really funny.
Kitty was named "kitty kitty" - I call her Kick-A-Poo - she busted a fifty dollar Lenox dish yesterday. She is just wicked horrible doing damage to everything on every single surface in my home. I am decluttering or should I say she is - everything she ruins gets thrown away lol

Well, Bless your souls - may you find some laughter that hurts your ribs and jaws so bad that you nearly cry !
beebz*
I am glad the kitten is making you laugh.