Dirty Laundry Analogy

WoundedMom

My 31 old son finally moved out (for the second time after a LOT of pressure). He left behind 10 loads of dirty laundry on the floor. It ticked me off big time. I decided to wash the loads, box it up, and reclaim the room. I have mixed feelings, but it feels somewhat cathartic. I'm purging his destructiveness from my life.

Lil

Yes! You should reclaim that room. Turn it into a nice "guest room" for company, or an exercise or hobby room for yourself. Our son's room is becoming a guest room and storage room for our hobby gear. His clothing that is still there is being donated to charity. Of course, mine moved a state away a year and a half ago. I'd offer it to yours first.

Triedntrue

Absolutely reclaim it will give you some closure. I also agree with lil make it something special for you. Go with that commercial where the woman has a she shack with rules like no bra , no guilt, no shoes... I want one of those.

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
Good for you!!

Reclaiming that room is a great thing to do. I hope you do something really fun!! You'll have to let us know.

Stick to your guns! I’ve raged over piles of stinking left-for-the-maid (me of course) laundry in the nasty dungeon he calls his bedroom (I wouldn’t walk barefoot in there, you’d leave w a fungus)! How many times has it taken of me doing it? Washing, drying, meticulously folding and hanging... I can’t tell you why I give in and keep doing it. Probably cause I can’t stand the smell and mess! The same w dishes left. I have 2 forks in my kitchen drawer! I’ve hidden one for emergency lol. I have to keep sense of humor. He’ll be back if he’s like my son, and you’ll swear you won’t do it again but...aren’t they good at getting what they want and...don’t they NEED clean undies?! All I wanted was to be a mom w sons that I could raise up to b good men. 3 outta 4 ain’t bad but boy does this last one break the mold! Good luck moma!