Kicked my 23 yr. old son out - was I wrong?

2much2recover

I felt bad putting my old purse in the trash - but it was in sad shape. I thought - thats the old me, worn, tired, falling apart... My new purse represents the new me - strong, solid, confident and Im worth it. And every day I will carry my new purse with me and look at knowing all I did for everyone else all these years - I finally did something nice for myself. Finally! Me and this purse are gonna grow old together. I cant splurge like this all the time so me and Michael Kors are going to bond and be together for a long time. Cheers to me. #Fancy! Lol.
I really like the analogy and the way you were able to think about YOU! I am glad you found a way to treat yourself. Now the next time difficult child comes around asking for money - you presumably would have to go to Michael Kors (handbag) and think: money for me or money for difficult child? Hopefully you will look at that symbol of independence and say: Sorry I wish I could help you, but I can't" (good one if you have a hard time saying NO!) Congratulations on putting yourself first and lucky you on the new handbag. As the quote goes: "You've got to go out on a limb, that is where the fruit is!"

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
Good for you!! I love your attitude and the way you are reclaiming your life. :likeit:

NickyJ

I am going through this now. I am so glad I found you all. Its hard, sad, and so scary to knw that he is sleeping in car, and has yet to apologize to me. Its been two weeks since the incident. I will share more soon in detail, I'm new here and learning to navigate my way around. I hope everyone here has found peace, I know this is an older post (conversations). But, you all helped me just recently at 12:30am till 430am I could not sleep 5/23/23. My son is 24 years old, and I can't believe that we are in this mess. Parenting is the hardest job, no manual, just here you go, good luck!. I have so many emotions right now, going through so many thoughts in my head.

Will post soon
NickyJ

I am going through this now. I am so glad I found you all. Its hard, sad, and so scary to knw that he is sleeping in car, and has yet to apologize to me. Its been two weeks since the incident. I will share more soon in detail, I'm new here and learning to navigate my way around. I hope everyone here has found peace, I know this is an older post (conversations). But, you all helped me just recently at 12:30am till 430am I could not sleep 5/23/23. My son is 24 years old, and I can't believe that we are in this mess. Parenting is the hardest job, no manual, just here you go, good luck!. I have so many emotions right now, going through so many thoughts in my head.

Will post soon
NickyJ
I look at these older messages and always wonder what happened to the 23 year old that was kicked out 8 years ago. Did they get their act together? Did they grow up? Are they still on the streets? I commend the mom for standing up and doing what is right. I just have this curiosity to find out how it went...so maybe I can compare my situation and know it will all be ok someday, someday.... đź’–đź’–