My daughter wants to talk-Feeling horrible

BusynMember1

From the bottom of my heart, I wish places like this were everywhere. I looked around here just out of curiosity and the best services in our nearest big city are homeless shelters and domestic violence centers. What a wonderful resource!!!

On the other hand, even if Kay were homeless and sick, she would be too suspicious and stuck up to utilize a place for "crazy people" as she refers to everything set up to help the poor. She doesn't know she is poor or mentally ill.

But big kudos that the services are there for those who need them and are not too proud to use them.

Acacia

Thanks Blindsided for the quote help, and for sharing your journey through this difficult experience with your daughter. It helps to see others' learning and strength develop in the face of such difficulties.

Acacia, I figured out the quote thing. Press and hold the area you want to quote, then move the cursors to select the text you want to quote. Two tabs will pop up under the text, quote/reply choose reply. Viola!

Just reading the word "Voila" lifted my spirits - every simple pleasure is appreciated.

Blindsided

Face the Sun
I would try to contact any recovery project that is spiritually-based and I would ask.
I am grateful beyond measure for this. Just knowing what keywords to search made a huge difference in what I was able to find. There is a plethora. I have many resources to share if and when the opportunity comes along. Many blessings. I am going to check out the other info you have provided.

Blindsided

Face the Sun
Is there a rescue mission there?
Yes, there is. The next step is to start making calls to all these places. Help of Southern Nevada and the Las Vegas Rescue Mission have many resources. If I could hug you right now, I would. So it will have to be virtual. {{{Copabanana}}}

Blindsided

Face the Sun
From the bottom of my heart, I wish places like this were everywhere. I looked around here just out of curiosity and the best services in our nearest big city are homeless shelters and domestic violence centers. What a wonderful resource!!!

On the other hand, even if Kay were homeless and sick, she would be too suspicious and stuck up to utilize a place for "crazy people" as she refers to everything set up to help the poor. She doesn't know she is poor or mentally ill.

But big kudos that the services are there for those who need them and are not too proud to use them.
I found a plethora, thanks to Copa's help. Having the right word search paid off. I don't plan to give any of the information I find to May until and unless she comes to me and says she is ready. Having these resources at my fingertips is comforting for me. I know how to respond now should she reach out, no more fear of what I can offer. I feel like I was led to make this post.

I know I have to be okay with the fact she may not be ready until it's too late, but I also know anything of this nature that I have shared before was met with a great deal of venom. It has to be her choice. The same is true for Kay. I hear the same hurt when you write. We can't change what we feel, only the way we react. In healing for you, Busy

Blindsided

Face the Sun
Thanks Blindsided for the quote help, and for sharing your journey through this difficult experience with your daughter. It helps to see others' learning and strength develop in the face of such difficulties.

Just reading the word "Voila" lifted my spirits - every simple pleasure is appreciated.
Makes me happy to provide a positive vibe.

BusynMember1

Kay is nowhere near ready for help. Even the fact that she is homeless and living in an old camper doesn't make her think she should maybe get her act together. In fact she is rather excited to be driving to California to live on the streets there. She thinks she and Lee can find a pot farm to work at. Whatever.

It is heartbreaking. Kay doesn't have her son anymore and while I am glad he is safe now with his aunt, it is disheartening that Kay didn't do what she had to to take care of him. And most of the kids on this forum had every advantage. Every chance to live great lives. But something in them wouldn't do it.

Blessings to all.

Triedntrue

Someone on here told me about a national number 211 that you can call and they have a list ofvwhat services are available in your area and will send you links to check out. Maybe this would help. I called for my son a few months back and they were very helpful but of course he wasn't ready to hear it yet. Prayers all of our children are able to accept help from some of these agencies.

Blindsided

Face the Sun
Someone on here told me about a national number 211 that you can call and they have a list ofvwhat services are available in your area and will send you links to check out. Maybe this would help. I called for my son a few months back and they were very helpful but of course he wasn't ready to hear it yet. Prayers all of our children are able to accept help from some of these agencies.
thank you so much. I will give that a try.