My heart is heavy....

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
Well, I'm still up but it's only 10:30 here (CA).

Reading a long I so remember feeling as you two do, not able to sleep, ruminating, worrying, crying, desperate....I'm so sorry, it really sucks to feel that way.

Here are a few things that may help.

*Deep breathing. It shifts the brain out of fear. Take 5 deep breaths. Relax. Then take 5 more.
*Go on YouTube,they have guided meditations for everything, fear, anxiety, depression, worry......I like the Honest Guys & Deepak Chopra...give it a try, it helps calm the mind down.
*There is an Ap on my cell phone called 'Calm', it has mediations you can plug into and I've found them to be very relaxing.
*Drink warm milk, if you have any saffron, that combination works well. If not milk and honey will work.
*look up reflexology which are points in the hands and feet that correspond to various organs....when rubbed, they can produce a calming effect.
*google jin shin shiatsu, find the charts on the hands, each finger represents a feeling, worry, fear, etc. it will show you how to hold on to each finger and relax. It works.

All of your worries will be there tomorrow. There is nothing you can do tonight. Put all your worries in a little box and tell yourself that tomorrow, at 10 AM, you will open the box and take back your worries, but tonight, you will let them go.

All of our worries do not help our kids, they ruin our lives. Take a break from them, if just for tonight.

Sending you both big hugs.....hang in there.....tomorrow the sun will shine and you will both be okay.

You're not alone.
Thank you I am trying these ideas. I finally fell asleep and woke at 4:00 am. At least I only wake now before I would wake and have a severe panic attack.

Acacia

All the words of support and guidance here are true, but that doesn't make it hurt any less to have to set these kind of boundaries. I do think it gets easier to detach over time.
I just set the very difficult boundary of refusing to let my adult daughter move in, most difficult because I have two grandchildren. I don't know where she is staying, and I feel sick about her possibly being homeless, but as others have said, her own choices have brought her here.
I felt so triggered and anxious about the whole thing that I actually am in England (I live in the U.s.) for a week and a half because I knew she would try to wear me down.
You are not being a bad mother by letting her face the consequences of her actions, it doesn't mean you love her any less, and you can't save her. She must save herself. I pray that your daughter and my daughter find their way to healing.

Crayola13

Most homeless shelters have counselors she could talk to if she's feeling suicidal. They might even take her to the mental health facility.