My son is dead.

Discussion in 'Parent Emeritus' started by blackgnat, Jan 12, 2017.

1. runawaybunny

runawaybunny Administrator Staff Member

I am so sorry for what you and every one of your loved ones have gone through and the tragedy you are suffering through now.

:::gentle hugs:::

2. Tanya M

Tanya M Living with an attitude of gratitude Staff Member

I will continue to hold you in my prayers. Allow yourself the time to grieve, lean into the pain. The pain we feel is a testimony to the love we hold in our hearts. Be good to yourself and know that you did all you could for your son. May he now find peace and rest.
    ((HUGS)) to you sweet lady.

3. Scent of Cedar *

Scent of Cedar * Well-Known Member

When we believed we were losing our daughter, when I truly believed it was over and that I knew how the story ended...what I remembered was her laughter. The stress and ugliness fell away and what I remembered was how very much I loved her, and what a gift it had been to have had her in my life. And that comforted and changed me. We did not lose her. Somehow, we did not lose her. Warm, gentle hugs, blackgnat. I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful boy.

Cedar

4. AnnieO

AnnieO Shooting from the Hip

Dear heart... many gentle hugs. Losing a child is the most unimaginable pain, no matter what has happened.

5. Lost in sadness

Lost in sadness Active Member

My heart and soul hurts for you. I am so so sorry for your loss.

6. Albatross

Albatross Well-Known Member

Annemarie, I am so glad you stopped by to let us know how you are, and I hope you will continue to do so. Many hugs and thoughts of love and strength to you, your ex and your youngest as you make this difficult last journey to bring Aaron home.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • List
  7. recoveringenabler

recoveringenabler Well-Known Member Staff Member

Annemarie, thank you for checking in with us.

My heart is with you on this journey, as always......sending you love and prayers.......warm and gentle hugs coming your way.....

Rest in peace Aaron Thomas.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  8. toughlovin

toughlovin Well-Known Member

Oh Annemarie, I am so so sorry. I just logged in and saw this. I am thinking about you and your family. No parent should have to go through what you are going through .

9. ForeverSpring

ForeverSpring Well-Known Member

Dear Lord,
    Take this mothers beoved child, Aaran Thomas, and hold him in Your arms so he can be at peace. Help his family heal as much as possible and fill them with the strength they will need.
    Bless all of our children.

Amen

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  10. SuperG

SuperG Member

Heartbroken for you :( Incredibly sorry for your loss :(

11. May he Rest In Peace and be in no pain any longer. I'm so sorry words aren't enough to express concerns and prayers and love your way

12. JKF

JKF Well-Known Member

Omg! I've been off board for a couple of weeks and am just seeing this now! My deepest condolences to you and your family Annemarie! My heart is breaking for you!

13. pigless in VA

pigless in VA Well-Known Member

Annemarie,

I understand your comment about already partially grieving the loss. I felt that way about husband. Somehow you learn to shield yourself from the pain that this person whom you love so dearly keeps inflicting upon you. Those emotional steps backward are part of the grieving process. When the person passes, it feels differently from a raw loss of someone who is emotionally close to you. You will still continue the grief journey, but you are further along the path than you would have been.

Sending you extra strength ~~~~~~~~~~

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  14. AppleCori

AppleCori Well-Known Member

We are thinking of you, Annmarie.

15. Maisy

Maisy Member

My deepest sorrow for your loss but I will leave you with a favorite part from an Emerson Lake and Palmer song.
    So be closer to believing though your world is torn apart for a moment changes all things and to end is but to start. May your journey be rewarded and your God lift up your heart. For you are windblown, but your are mine.

16. tishthedish

tishthedish Active Member

God bless and keep you and your family, Annemarie. And God bless your beloved Aaron.

17. recoveringenabler

recoveringenabler Well-Known Member Staff Member

Thinking of you Annemarie.......sending love and hugs.........and prayers.......

18. Kathy813

Kathy813 Well-Known Member Staff Member

I just saw this. I am so sorry, BG.

19. nlj

nlj Well-Known Member

So saddened to log on just now and to read this.
    You'll be in my thoughts.
    Know that we are all surrounding you as you face the future.
    LucyJ x

20. Snow White

Snow White Temporarily in the Magic Kingdom

Annemarie, I have been away from the site for a while and was devastated to read about the passing of your son, Aaron. This is a parent's most feared event and even though we try to prepare ourselves for it, we are never prepared. I am so sorry for your loss. Prayers and hugs to you and your family.

“Friends are pillars on your porch. Sometimes they hold you up, sometimes they lean on you, and sometimes it’s just enough to know that they are standing by.”
    - Elizabeth Foley