My son is dead.

New Leaf

Bg I am so very very sorry for this heartache. Thinking of you with prayers for comfort in this difficult time. Big, long hugs to you.
Leafy

Ironbutterfly

If focused on a single leaf you won't see the tree
Found crumpled up on someone's front yard a few hours ago. Autopsy tomorrow. No real details yet. I am on vacation in Spain but will be flying back tomorrow. There are no words...

I'm so sorry, so many thoughts and feelings your family must be feeling. Prayers for you all to get through the loss of your son

nolo

Brave New World
My deepest sympathy for your loss.

May the out pouring of our expressions of love for you and your family through this tragedy give you the knowledge you are not alone and we are here for you.

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
I am so sorry to hear this. You have my deepest sympathy. Sending you prayers and hugs.

Please let us know how you are doing.

nolo

Brave New World
SWOT you are probably right...I know our journey is multitude of tribulations throughout this life and we will solder on together keeping the faith. This website has blessed me and in I am praying for all us tonight.

Childofmine

one day at a time
BG, I am so deeply sorry for the loss of your precious son. Please know we are here whenever and for whatever you need. I hate to hear this so very much. We care.

blackgnat

My dear friends, thank you all so much for your support and sympathy. You have never failed to understand and help me and I could never have survived this horrendous journey without you all. The site and all its warriors was my inspiration to keep going, knowing that there were so many others walking this surreal and painful path.

Right now, I think I am on auto pilot. I'm still on "vacation" here in my home country (England) and have booked a flight today to Vegas for Thursday, where I will meet my ex and my younger son. We will drive to San Diego and claim Aaron's body.

The idea that we have to make decisions about his cremation,etc, is abhorrent to me. I know that the worst part will be going to the morgue a d seeing him dead. My beautiful lost boy.

But I am also not trying to Canonise him. I loved him so much, but he caused me unrelenting pain and was continuing to spiral down so fast that I felt his death was inevitable. I think I have been grieving this loss for a while now. Unless I'm in a state of disbelief?

I guess I don't know what to think. I feel like I will not be able to feel joy for a long time.

However this works, I must thank you all again. Prayers and love to all who are on this most agonizing and mystifying of journeys.

Rest In Peace, Aaron Thomas, in the peace that eluded you in life.

Much love to you all,
Annemarie

LoveSushi

Hugs ands prayers for you and everyone who loved Aaron. He's finally at peace. Remember to be gentle with yourself; you did the absolute best you possibly could.

And I promise, you will feel joy again. And that's how it should be.

*hugs*