sad news to share..

Jerri

Hello old freind...

So sorry that I have waited for this sad day to touch base with you. I really am.

I pray you are content and that your babies remain under the loving protection of the Guaurdian of us all.

Vicki.. she is so perfect.. her fine chisled features the making's of a Miss America!

She had so much sandy reddish blonde hair, I wanted a comb, and a half yard of small ribbon to entwine it in.

I am just learning of the choices and the deepest wisdom my children were given, at their moment of deepest sadness.

They had a choice to make almost immediatley.. would there be an autopsy or not.. if the answer was yes she would be taken from the room, and the appropraite methods, and tests would be completed. If not she would remain with them.

They then had to decide... mind you babes themselves in a room filled with sadness and the horror of their lifeless Princess in front of them, if she should have an open or closed casket at her funeral.

On both counts they put their child first.. we did not know that they were being asked to decide this as we waited in a silent tear filled room.. to hear news or be allowed in to see our children.

They said, we need not know the reason why, for we have only one thought, and that it is... she is gone, and knowing why will never matter as much as what we have in front of us.

* she died from a placenta abruption, and the Dr.'s have told us that there was no way to know or do anything to intervene. Jenny felt her kicking late into the afternoon, and then she went into labor... and when she arrived at the hospital, they failed to find a heartbeat... that was that...

They also opted for a closed casket funeral because it meant she would never be taken from them, or out of the room in which she was born, until they themselves were discharged, and they would say their final goodbyes.

At each step they demonstrated such dignity and courage, I will never look at them with the same eyes or heart.

I have myself lost a child before it had time to live.. and I cannot help but think of how much easier it would have been to reconcile, if I had been allowed a chance to grieve and love my own baby girl.

That day and a half will forever be priceless to them and to those who came by and gladly accepted the baby to hold and love.

I am greatful, that as a society we have learned from our past err's.

I should get some sleep.. everyone scolds me so for not doing so, and I have worried my Tommy so much, he will not sleep until he is certain I am as well.

Its so good to pour my heart to you tonite Vicki... so very good.

God Bless you my friend...

Hugs N Love!!!

Jerri

VLong

Well, friend, yes you better get some sleep and take care of yourself. We will do some much needed catching up in the days to come!

I am so honored to be your friend...I just wanted you to know that. And I am so proud and touched by the grace, strength and dignity of your children. One of my closest friends here in MO went through the very same experience with her first grandchild, Alexis. It was heartbreaking, but I learned so much from her and her daughter and daughter's SO (now fiance). Words really can't convey my feelings, but I will try in the coming days and I am going to plant two bulbs...one for Kylie and one for Alexis.

I am so glad that you turned to us...this is still the most caring, loyal and wonderful group of people I have ever had the pleasure of being a part of, even after almost 9 years. And I am so glad you are back with us, but you never left my heart!

V

KFld

Jerri, you don't know me, but I want to send my thoughts and prayers to you and your family. I feel everyone on this board, past or present is a part of this family always and forever once we come into each others lives and share our difficult child stories. Just the fact that your son is a former difficult child tells me that he has already gone through so much hardship in his life, just as you have, so his strength through all of this is even more amazing.

My deepest condolences.

Sue C

Jerri,

I am so saddened to hear of this loss. I can hardly see to type through the tears. I am strenthened, though, by hearing of your family standing strong together in the hospital and making the decision of no autopsy and the closed casket. Not easy decisions I would think to make in the midst of their grief.

I have thought of you now and then and wondered how Billy was doing. I know you said you will post in another thread when you are feeling up to it. I do hope you will do that. Us "old timers" here miss you.

The other day I had mentioned on the Watercooler Forum that someone had once offered to have me over to teach me how to cook but that I could not remember who it was. When I saw your name, it clicked. It was YOU, my dear friend!

Love,
Sue

slsh

member since 1999
Jerri,

I can't begin to tell you how heartbroken I am for your family. I'm so very very sorry.

Richie and Jenny demonstrated such grace and love. I'm awed.

I will keep your family in my thoughts, especially Richie and Jenny. Hugs N much love to you.

Jerri

Karen,

Thank you so much for your kind expressions..

My Richie really had his struggles, and he has matured into such a woderful Husband, Father and Son...

He has been going to school full time, and working part time, and is Headed to State this fall.

For a long time it looked like he would never reach his potential and finish ( or even start for that matter ) his education. But now he is all set to go to State in the fall with scholarships, is on the Deans list at the Community College.. and works part time.

As I read posts from the younger children and their struggles, there isnt a one, that I could not have authored. There is so much ahead for all these kids.

Special plans.. that's what all of this is, all of this..

Thank you Karen... your kindess is appreciated very much.

Hugs N Love!!!

Jerri

Jerri

Hi Sue,

How good to "see" you! I still have that little Mitten ornament you sent me in my kitchen window.. I think you sent it to me after I had a little politics meltdown. LOL

Yes, they are an amazing couple, I cannot imagine myself making such mature decisions at their age or even now for that matter.

The Priest came in several times and I think they were guided by a Higher Power. They did get to give her a bath and get her dressed and ready to meet her Grandparents and extended family and freinds. While I found the wait to be excruciating... not able to imagine them gifted with such peace and wisdom... I now know that it was as it was meant to be.

Billy is doing well.. I will post another thread very soon.

My offer to teach you to cook still stands... I would love it if you came across the pond and we cooked up a storm! I am finding it a challenge to cook for the 2 of us now, but have come up with a few tricks.

Just one thing... when did this whole "old timer" thing happen to us... sheesh LOL

Thank you for your thoughts and tears... I am honored for my Kylie.

Hugs N Love!!!

Jerri

Jerri

Hi Sue, (slsh)

So good to see you too, sorry it is under such bad circumstances.

I smiled when I read your post, as your comments really allowed me to feel comforted by the actions of my children.. they did teach me alot in these past few days...

Your kind gestures mean so much to me, you will never know how much.

Thanks for the Hugs N Love!!!

Hugs N Love!!!

Jerri

Stella Johnson

I am sitting here crying my eyes out. I can't imagine the pain you are all going through.

I will plant a bulb for her. That is a wonderful way to remember her tiny little life.

Steph