Things Turn On A Dime

pasajes4

I still have not heard anything. He grew up in this area, so there is no telling where he might have decided to go. I am hanging onto the 98% of the time they are ok.

Copabanana

PASA, let us know how you are. We wait with you. Could he have been picked up by whoever is affiliated with parolees from the child prison facility? Maybe that would not be showing up with the police.

I know I am grabbing at straws. There has to be an explanation.

Yes. The 98 percent. And then they reappear, acting like nothing at all has happened.

COPA

Last edited:

blackgnat

Wanting to add my thoughts and prayers, pasajes, I can't even imagine how worried you are.

Wishing for news of his safe return...

SeaGenieTx

Hoping and praying for you. It's horrible to worry like this about a child - your mind thinks of every worse case scenario. I hope he is ok.

SeekingStrength

Hi Pasa,

With everybody else here, I am waiting with you. I shared this latest with husband tonight and he believes you will hear from your son soon and he is okay.

I include this only because husband is usually intuitive.

Hugs,
SS

CrazyinVA

Staff member
Wanted to come by and see how you're doing this morning -- and I'm just so sorry that there isn't any new news. The uncertainty must be unbearable. The only thing I have to compare it to is when my Youngest ran away a few times in high school.. but I know that's really nothing like this.

You're right though, 98% of the time things turn out ok.. praying with you that that this is one of those times. I hope he contacts you soon.

pasajes4

I have not heard anything. Made my daily calls to jail and hospitals. It is possible that his father's family know where he is and are covering for him. The police have their information.....at least what I know.

Echolette

Child, I have lived with uncertainty, fear, concern, and out and out anger towards and about D C for many years. It never gets easier it just becomes a dull throb. I do get on with my day. I really have no choice. It is not in my character to wallow. When I falter, I repeat the serenity prayer while I move through the day. I do my best to remember that the worst does not happen at least 98% of the time. I draw on my faith and give it to G-d. When all else fails......wine not much just enough to take the edge off

ah. I feel for you, and know this pain so very well. You are doing all you can do.

Once my SO, who is a rough kind of guy, tackled my son to the ground after chasing him down the street and told him "I am going to tattoo my phone number on your arm so that when the cops find your dead body they call me so your parents don't have to hear it from a stranger."

I thought that was very romantic.

Also, I really wish sometimes that he had a phone number tattoed on his arm so I would know...I used to stick my phone number in his pockets on scrap paper when I saw him, just in case...how sad is that, this position we all find ourselves in.

I'm rambling a bit, just so you know I am here.

Am holding you and your son in my heart today.

Echo

wakeupcall

Pasa, I was just telling my husband the story of your son missing. He said when he was eighteen he hitchhiked to CA from MO to see his older brother. No one missed him, nor asked about him and he hadn't told a soul. His older brother called their father to tell him where he was after he arrived. I sat here with my mouth open, stunned. Maybe your son has hitched a ride with someone to go on an adventure.

I'm sorry, I can only imagine the pain of wondering.

pasajes4

I am beginning to think that he left his phone and wallet on purpose. He was a little too happy over the weekend. I do not think that he was contemplating suicide. I think he may have planned his disappearance. I hope that is the case.

nlj

Does he have two phones? One for family and one for the shadier side of his life?

My ex-colleague's husband had two phones, she discovered, after they'd separated. One for her and the rest of the family and one for his other woman. It's a dodgy undertaking isn't it? I'd never manage that, I'd use the wrong one within a week or less.

I hope your thoughts are correct.
Who knows what goes on in their heads.

okie girl

Pasajes4......so sorry for the situation you have. Hope he gets in contact with you soon. Keep posting. Hugs and prayer