Turning Child Over to State

ksm

I am so sorry, I haven't lived what you are living, so I do not have any advice. You posted on an old thread, sometimes it helps to start a new thread and give us more background.

I would suggest you check on seeing a therapist...with or without your husband, and try to get help for you first. Then figure out where you go from here.

Please stay on this forum...it can be a life line. KSM

Helpless29

Has anyone turned custody of their child over to the state? My 15 year old difficult child is at times so out of control I am scared of him, but it's a hard step to take. How would you make a decision like that?

I have a court hearing next week and I am really torn over what to do.
Im a new to this site, but came across this post and am torn because I am also thinking of doing the same thing :( did you go through it? We have tried everything for my 15 year old son, behavioral hospitals, therapy, residential treatment homes which he got kicked out for fighting, we dont know what else to do

BusynMember

This is a very old post. This member isn't here anymore.

You may want to start a new thread. I would answer but have had no experience with this. Welcome :)

Copabanana

Helpless. If you google relinquishing parental rights or other words like that with words like behavior or illness or mental illness you should find articles.

I second the idea of your own new thread.

Just go up to the top where it says forums, pick the forum you want, click and you will see a blue button to the top right that says start new thread.