Upallnight....how are you

bby31288

UAN, you have been on my mind a lot. I can only hope you and your family are hanging in there. I have lost a brother. Not to suicide. But he has been missing presumed dead almost 3 years. My heart goes out to you and yours. Please try to check in.

Beth

T

TeDo

Ditto the sentiment. I realize this is a busy and stressful time and that you were struggling before this happened. I am also one that is really worrying about you. Please check in and let us know you're surviving. Take care of yourself and

MILLIONS of supportive {{{{(((HUGS)))}}}} to you!!!!

Thank you for all the kindness and concerns. We just got home yesterday. I spoke to my brother's friends and he really did have a good life. He was in a lot of pain due to an injury he got in the Marines. I take great comfort in hearing his friends speak about his life. He loved the military, if not for being medically discharged he would have been in forever. He had a great life. I've only cried twice today. We went through pictures and the miltary funeral they gave him was so beautiful. I'm happy he's resting with his fellow Marines. My parents are having all donations sent to disabled Marines. He was in so much pain. The pain was physical, he had to be in an induced coma once because of the pain. He couldn't take it anymore I guess. Nobody knows.

bby31288

Sometimes the physical pain is more than one person can handle. I'm glad your brother had a beautiful funeral. Hugs to all of your family.

T

TeDo

Thanks for checking in. It sounds like you probably have a BIG piece of the "why" and that it brings you some comfort to know there WAS a reason that makes some sense. Not that I agree with his solution but it makes sense. I hope he is whole and happy now. I hope you are able to come to grips with the loss and find some understanding (if you haven't already). I'm glad he got the recognition and honor he deserved.

DammitJanet

Glad you are back. Also glad you sort of understand a bit of the why. Pain can be a huge motivator. I hope you understood what I meant about him meeting his fellow Marines because it is something that really comforted me when my dad passed away. If it brings you even a tiny bit of comfort, I am sure my dad was there to welcome him in his Dress Blues. I firmly believe somehow those Dress Blues somehow magically are handed out when they appear at the Pearly Gates.

Janet, I understood and felt one drop better right away when you said he was with his fellow Marines. I was saying that to my relatives as well. Thank you for saying your dad was there to greet him. I think my grandmother may have been there also.

My mom gave me a piece of costume jewelry that belonged to my grandmother to wear to the funeral. I wanted her "there" with us. After the funeral, the family went to a restaurant. While I was eating my salad, I bit into something , it turned out to be a plastic stone from the bracelet, it must have fallen out. So, we all feel that my grandmother was sending us a message that he was with her. This bracelet was from the 1930's. Nothing was missing from it, and that exact instant was the time something fell off of it.

DDD

I'm so glad to read your update. It sounds as though you and your family were able to accept his passing in the healthiest way possible. With time, I'm sure, the pain will ebb. Hugs. DDD