UPDATED:::CATA Group- New thread!

DammitJanet

****...he only passed the bar the year she had Caylee? Have they tested him for DNA? Maybe that is why he has been so fired up for her cause.

Bad checks, back child support, bankruptcy. Hmmm...a made for TV movie for those two. I swear...How on earth do you get to be a lawyer with all that on your record? Ok...well...bad checks not forged checks. Difference I know but as soon as Casey gets out, she will be forging those checks.

Last edited:

DammitJanet

Im honestly surprised they took him! Must have been a low recruiting month...lol. Im betting they are regretting it now and have attempted to distance themselves from him too.

I dont blame the Navy...I blame him and her. I am really waiting to here the whole story eventually...if we ever do.

DammitJanet

Im serious!

I dont know what I wrote as the first word that got censored! Im trying to think of what it could be because the word that we use and say KOI doesnt sound like what I would start it with and I dont think I would say S, and I know I would know better than use the F word. Oh...I said omg...but I put the f in...I didnt think that censored out. I meant oh my friggen though.

donna723

They were saying that for several years they would not allow him to practice law because of his extreme financial irresponsibility and for not paying his child support. I think it took him several tries to pass the bar exam too.

H

HaoZi

I know you're serious, I find it funny anyway. I haven't dug into where he was at the time, but you're right in timing.

TerryJ2

Rest assured, down the road CA will mess up (think OJ) and some way/some how....it will all come falling down on her HARD.

I agree. Leopards don't change their spots.

H

HaoZi

Makes me wonder who could/would sue her for wrongful death in a civil suit. OJ was found guilty in his civil suit even though he skimmed through the criminal trial.

Malika

Casey and Baez? Can life really resemble a Hollywood B movie to that extent? Please, in the name of all that is sacred (trusting that some things still are), spare us that!

BusynMember

I am wiping my eyes from laughing because I too wondered if Baez and Casey had something going on. OMG. If they get together for real...and have a kid....ugh!

Thanks for the early morning chuckle.

Nancy

LOL they came up with more days for her to serve. Now she doesn't get out until the 17th. And Zanny attys are taking her deposition the 19th. Welcome home.

Nancy

klmno

I know this topic is dieing off as we all move forward but I just heard one of the best points made- if Casey is guilty she'll porbably never go to the place Caylee's body was found or ask for her remains (skeletal). An innocent and good mother most likely would want those remains so she could have them buried and if she'd never been to that site, she'd want to go at some point. From the way it looks so far, Casey has never even asked about them. I suppose she assumes if anything like that needed to be done, Cindy would do it.

donna723

I'm not positive but I thought I heard that George and Cindy had Caylee's remains cremated after all the forensics were finished. But there was so much said, I may have just imagined this.

And personally I was very surprised that a couple of lawyers and a judge thought they could compute her sentence credits themselves and come up with her release date and obviously they made a mistake. It might not seem like it would be but that is a very complicated, very difficult thing to do that takes a lot specialized training. In the Dept. of Correction, each institution has a records office supervisor who does this and the doctor main office has several people who specialize in computing sentences.

klmno

I did hear someone clarify that in Fl (same is for juveniles, at least, in this state), jail time (or juvi detention) is calculated differently than prison (or Department of Juvenile Justice) time. That does happen here, although in juvie detention, there is no such thing as time off for good behavior. In Department of Juvenile Justice, they plop the info into a computer program then still adjust it as they want. I have no doubt that in Fl jail (not prison) they will come up with a "convenient" date for making sure Casey can sneak out and get somewhere. However, from what I see on tv, she is subpeoned (sp) to give depositions for the Zanny case a couple of days later than the scheduled release date. Being that she's not getting probation and that's a civil trial, what on earth can be done to her, legally, if she just doesn't show up? Furthermore, that made me think- then even though the judge told Baez that Casey could waive her right to attend the hearing on Aug 25 to determine what, if any, money she'll have to repay the state, depositions will probably be needed for that, too, so what can be legally done if she doesn't show for those depositions either?

klmno

Are you listening to this room-mate of Casey's boyfriend, Tony? They should have put him on the stand.

DammitJanet

Can they try her for other things related to this case such as desecration of a corpse, illegally moving a dead body, failing to report a death, child neglect, hell...I dont know, scour the books, Im sure there have to be some old outdated laws involving deaths and bodies and even leaving cars in parking lots that she might be found guilty of. I dont care what we could charge her with, just charge her.

klmno

From what I hear, they can't charge her with anything else regarding Caylee's death, per say. They can and are pursuing the charges that are residual effects from this. I guess that's the best they can do.

If you heard the room-mate of her boyfriend talking earlier, it sounds like another Susan Smith situation, which I'm sure by the way, it was an accident that those boys drowned because she really wanted to kill herself too and did try to get back in to save their lives but couldn't. Of course, no good mother would really do that to her own kids and all people who knew Susan S. said she was a good mother. I don't know why but I could find mercy for SS before I could CMA. I guess because I know SS is paying some price and her lies didn't even go as far as CMA's.

They had some MH prof on today saying he had evaluation-d her (????) and the determination was that she wasn't a sociopath or borderline or had any MH diagnosis. She just lied and stole from people and didn't show normally accepted accepted affect to bad situations. I found that interesting.