Well, have now cut off all contact with difficult child and I'm sorry, but I'm glad!

KFld

When you de-activated his phone, did you tell them it was lost? If so, when the 30 days is up just tell them you never found it and if you have another phone you can activate on that account and change the number. Is there someone else you have in your family that could use it? This way you don't have to pay the early cancellation fee.

rejectedmom

Judi, Just sending you support. I know what a dificult decison this is to make and that none of us get to this point without having tried everything else. When he is ready to re-enter you life with respect and a caring attitude you will know. Until that time take care of yourself and enjoy your relationships with the rest of your family. -RM

witzend

Big hugs, Judi. I know how hard this is, but it is absolutely the right thing to do under the circumstances. I know that $175 is a big chunk of change to swallow, but when the 30 days are up, you may decide that it is worth it to not have to listen to his verbal abuse.

I hope that one day yours will come around, and know that it won't be quick or easy.

Irishkalleene

riding the roller coaster
Good for you!!! Stay strong and take care of you. There has to be a time when we no longer have to worry about & be harassed by difficult child's.

In a way I'm envoius because I want to get B back out of my house. (He's flunking school, so why stay anymore?) Most of it is that he irritates the heck out of me. Doesn't pick up anything, doesn't do anything I ask, loses everything, never has any money but has a monthly gym membership, motorcycle payment and now a 2nd motorcycle he is repairing. And then badgers me when he needs something. Can't stand his craziness, and stupidity!! Last time he wanted $$ & I held out he smashed the glass table top on his coffee table. Still hasn't taken the remaining large piece of it out to the trash.

You have been there for difficult child .............. time to move on?

judi

Karen - thanks. I've actually been thinking about giving the phone to x-girlfriend because she has a $200 cell bill that she can't pay so her phone was cut off.

rejected mom - thanks. We do enjoy easy child and his wife and of course, our grandson. X-girlfriend alllows us to have hime basically whenever we want.

witz - I am coming to terms that it won't be soon. I'm taking bets though - hmmm, 1 year, 5 years, 10 years???

IrishKalleeen - sounds likes its time for both of us to move on. Take care.

Ally

Sounds like what happens at my house. I think that you are doing the right thing. (or the only thing that will keep you sane)

Ally

judi

Ally - I agree that it might not be the best thing but its the only thing I could manage. I'm just not going to be threatened via a phone that I pay for - lol.

SunnyFlorida

It's hard to know when or where "our line in the sand" is...but you found yours. I understand the dilema and support your decision 100%. To threaten you with something that you are trying to help difficult child with is unacceptable. This is a great way of detaching and forcing the issue.

:bravo:

judi

Thanks Sunny - yep the line in the sand was drawn, difficult child stomped over it and now the phone is gone and my house is silent.