you guys are......

Jena

amazing, each and every one of you. I really do mean that. Words can't truly explain the level of support, guidance and assistance I have felt and received this past year from everyone here.

I have joined forums before, yet I've never really ever experienced anything like all of you and the unconditional support in which is given to each and every member here.

Where I was a year ago when I joined, that is difficult child and I. Where we are now, me personally and difficult child's level of managabiity (ok i can't spell lol) is largely in part to everyone here.

Yup, holidays tear me up. :)

We all have our struggles, and they vary in order and severity yet it's all relative and at the end of the day each and every person here always digs down into that unknown spot deep down inside whether it be to let go of something we know we shouldn't be in, or to put one foot infront of the other and see that light at the end of the tunnel.

You are all an amazing bunch of strong and capable woman, and ok the men we have here as well lol, and you should pat yourselves on the back for not only having the capability it takes to raise children like ours yet also to juggle all the other varying issues we face in our families and personal struggles.

Ok, hallmark moment over, LOL.

I hope everyone has a great holiday and I just wanted to make sure I thanked everyone.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Nothing wrong with a hallmark moment or a bit of sentiment.
I agree with you 100%
The new ones energize us old ones. The old ones teach the new ones. It's a win win situation.

Andy

Jen - I am so glad we have met through this board. Maybe someday in real life? I enjoy the humor you bring. I can picture your difficult child dancing around your house (aka spinning?) and your easy child being a true to heart easy child with a secret wish to be a difficult child. Gotta wonder about those teens these days - too smart for their own good sometimes.

Jennifer,

I totally agree with you. I've never been very open with my feelings. I found this site during one of my all time low periods. I felt like I had absolutely no one to turn to. Prior to coming here, I used my very limited computer skills for work, nothing else. I was extremely skeptical about how a very public, on-line site could be of any value at all.

To this day, I'm just amazed how much I've been helped by all of you too. Finding this site has been one of the best gifts I've ever received. There are so many wonderful people here!!! I just can't express how glad I am to be a part of this group.

I hope you have a wonderful holiday too!!! WFEN

Jena

hi

Baking, hmmm you dont even wanna know!!!:faint:

kids decided to add the decorations while they were in the oven!! i said sure guys, let's see what happens. LOL

Well, we have exploded candy all over the stove now................... :)

Andy

I am all for experiments but the one that just came to mind was the one that a science teacher was testing an experiment as school was about to start on a very cold morning yesterday. Caused a fire in the ceiling and tons of kids left in the cold while firefighters made their classrooms safe. And we know how high school kids dress in below zero weather (about the same as for 80 dregee plus).

So, continue those experiments, but stay safer than a science teacher.

lizzie09

lizzie
Yes, I too love the humour on this site along side the hard road we are on. It never fails to make me grin!
Jennifer you have an amazing wit...
You all are so kind and constructive in the midst of the devastation we all feel at certain times.....a truly great forum.
I got here by googling 'my son has some sort of mood disorder ' and here I am!

Happy days and New year of perseverance to you all!