Calling all Grandparents....

Kassiesmom

Soooo, I’m a first time grandparent my baby boy isn’t even two months old. I posted in another thread how my daughter has gotten a restraining order out on her by the babies father in the babies name, so now she can’t even see her own baby. She was also kicked out of the house she shared with baby daddy and Baker Acted from there she went to a shelter cuz she couldn’t stay at my house ( years of her crap leaves us wary and the door is closed) so long story short she’s off doing her own thing went back to her ex boyfriend from before all this and she told my cousin she’s selling pills right now, so she’s doing all the wrong things and it seems as though she has no interest in fighting for her son. She actually said she didn’t want to fight with his dad anymore and to be honest even though she’s pretty horrible too I kind of see why he is her male counterpart and pretty difficult to deal with as well. The baby is With his mother, the baby daddy told me a few days ago that he wished I would disappear like my daughter did, because he doesn’t want me around the baby either. My heart is broken even more than with what my daughter has done it’s like I’ve reached a new level of heartbreak that I didn’t even know I could feel. And this is from someone who lost their mother at nine I have lost several people in my life at an early age and not being able to be apart of this babies life is like a whole other pain that even though I knew from the moment she got pregnant this would probably end horrible I just wasn’t ready for this. How do people do this how do they keep it all together when this stuff happens? How do you keep the pain separate from all the other stuff or does it always seep in. I guess for me everything is so fresh right now and I just don’t know how to not be upset right now. I don’t know. I know now what people say they feel when they become a grandparent and it’s true it’s a whole new level of love but having it taken away from me, it’s just too much.
I’m new here but you know what I would do. Seriously I would keep a journal on every day how you feel and how much you’ve been thinking about that baby and keep a log of it and have And document everything of how you feel about their split up and about his mother and hopefully when he grows up he can read it and he will know how much you love him .

WiseChoices

I would like to recommend Al-Anon to you. I think it would be very helpful for you to focus on yourself instead of this developing drama. By you focusing on you and your life, your daughter may start to seek recovery. I see that as the only chance you would see the GC regularly. You stated you have pain from losing your Mom at an early age, and I am so sorry you experienced that. The more you are able to work towards healing of your pain and trusting a power greater than yourself, the more acceptance of the situation you will find.