Daughter in abusive relationship

pasajes4

The domestic violence center in my city saved my life. I had to want it. I could not have gotten out safely without their help.

BusynMember

I agree my daughter's friends story is different yet it's the same. She still is going back to him now but out of fear not love.
Is that better? I don't know. He sleeps with loaded guns. She has to play a dangerous game with a dangerous man. And how will she finally leave him for good? She is very afraid for her mother.

Time will tell if this goes well. Her mother, whom I know well from the BFF days, must be freaking out inside. She is strong and outwardly calm but her daughter means everything to her.

I feel for you, Wish.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
I'm so sorry Wish, this has to be terrifying & devastating. Please take care of yourself. Please call the DV Center for support & guidance. Seek help.

Sending prayers for you and your daughter.
(((HUGS)))

DoneDad

We lived this as well. As awful as it is, you can’t protect her. She has to be the one to decide to leave. They leave and return over and over, hopefully it finally sticks, but how many times can you be part of it? DV shelter will give them the best chance at leaving for good. When they do try to leave is the most dangerous time. If she’s at your house, he knows where she is, and it puts you in danger.

BusynMember

Dad is right. Once they leave it is THE most dangerous time which is why my daughter's friend is planning so carefully. Honestly, I think the DV center is the safest place. But some won't go there and we can't make them.

This is gut wrenching. I saw my sister play with abuse for seven years and it consumed her. She wasn't living with him but I feel by his actions and words he is still a danger in many ways. And you can talk yourself silly, but you can't do it for them. It would be so great if we could!

Wish

Thank you everyone. I have been reading, and re-reading everyone responses, love and support. Everytime I feel so upset, I come here and read everything over and over again because they help so much, especially your responses Leafy, since you have gone through something so similar with your daughter. Thank you all so very much.