He was fired today

in a daze

Thanks guys. It will be two weeks tomorrow he got his job back.

I agree, the supervisor may be just a jerk. It's a learning experience for him especially with his problems. He needs to deal with this type of stuff if he is to function in the real world.

I'll keep you updated on how he's doing.

I should mention he came to the Easter dinner. My daughter swung by and picked him up. I was going to be so sad if he decided not to come (first extended family event he's been to in over a year). But I was so nervous because there was alcohol around. He drank Coke and watched sports with the younger guys. He talked to his one cousin and his uncle. I was checking him every 15 minutes or so without being obvious about it. I know that's crazy. He did ok, came and left sober.

in a daze

Does he seem to have a better self concept?

I think his self esteem is a little better. He was telling us about the grocery store. It's kind of upscale. It's got all kinds of specialty foods, a coffee bar, a smoothie bar, a beer and wine bar, a piano player. Fancier than your local supermarket. So he considers it a kind of coup that he was able to land a job there.

So far so good. We'll see what happens.

Albatross

What great news Daze! Family events can be really challenging, I think. So many old patterns and triggers there that we might not even realize are affecting us. So glad to read he is doing so well lately!