Heart Broken Nightmare

How to deal with a disrepectul adult child 30yrs old living with you

• any

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • all

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You did nothing wrong. No matter your choices in life, she also has choices to make. My father is an alcoholic, has been my entire life. I had a choice, my sister had a choice. We could have easily become alcoholics as well witnessing everything we did growing up. Watching as he used alcohol to cope. We didn’t. That was our choice, our consequences to bare.
Someone once told me I can not control B, no matter how much I want to. He is his own person. I can encourage, I can put strategies in place, I can model for him the things I want to see. But in the end, it’s his choice. And they’re his consequences to deal with when he makes those choices.

My children are still young so I cannot add much to your story. I do feel like the emotional abuse she is putting you through is not ok. It’s never ok and I believe you’re doing the right thing. I pray that I have that courage one day (if it ever comes to that) to do what you’re doing.

I cannot imagine this is easy for you, especially since their are children involved. You can only help someone so much though, they need to be willing to help themselves.

We are here for you.