My sweet Buddy passed on -

KTMom91

We had to have our 18 year old Jack Russell terrier put down yesterday. Hubby is having a really difficult time dealing with the loss. I think I'm doing all right, but maybe I'm not and I'll come unglued later.

Buddy was such a good dog, definitely a one-family dog. He protected us and actually bit a woman who broke into the house one day. He was fun and playful, all the things that a terrier is.

I miss my dog.

Nomad

Staff member
Awe. Condolences. I’m so sorry. He sounds like a wonderful dog and companion. It is normal to grieve. Blessings. ((Hugs)))

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
Oh I'm so sorry!! Our fur babies are such a part of our families and it's so hard when they go.

((HUGS))

Lil

I'm so sorry. We lost our little Suzie in December. Jabber took it really hard...me too, but she was his little girl. Big hugs to you and your hubs.

BusynMember

So sorry for your lost. Pets are truly family. I believe our loved ones stay with us, pets just as much. Your furbaby is watching you like always.

Love and light!

Crayola13

So sorry about your dog. We had our kitty put to sleep about a year and a half ago. I still miss her. She had a multitude of health problems. We kept her comfortable as long as we could, but 19 in cat years is very elderly. We loved her so much that we sometimes lost sight of the fact that she was a cat and considered her a human! The first six months after she died, I would think I saw her. Psychiatrist said it's a common side effect of grief. Don't let it scare you if it happens. I knew it wasn't real and I still don't believe in ghosts. It's still sad for me.

Pink Elephant

I am sorry for your loss, KT. That is the main reason husband and I have never been able to get a pet, because we would be broken if anything happened to it.

Triedntrue

I am sorry for your loss. I had to put my 16 year old lab down last August. I still miss her. You gave him love and a good home and were with him till the end. There is a poem called the rainbow bridge please look it up. I tried to copy it here but was not successful i will try again but look it up just in case.

Triedntrue

RB_Poem_Gate.jpg

RainbowBridge.com
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Dory

It's people like you guys that helps me get out of bed,how very beautiful.

Far out the pain that comes with sometimes your best soul mate,they definitely keep us going.

Totally sux,my only advice is to think of all the good times,don't think of the last days.
I am sorry for your loss.

Nomad

Staff member
KT...how are you feeling?

I recall a very similar situation with a beloved pet about seven years ago. I recall it was several rough days. Both my husband and I had to take extra rest. I think it drained us emotionally.
Please take extra care of yourself. I do t think we fully realize sometimes when it’s happening how impactful these things are. Of course we all grieve in our own way and Time. (((Hugs))))

Copabanana

I am so so sorry.

We have two elder pets. Our cat has hyperthyroidism, kidney disease and a heart murmur. She is becoming stabilized on medication, and day by day I am feeling less afraid. But I am living with the awareness of how it will be when she is gone.

Our boxer dog has cancer and heart trouble. That has been going on longer, is less new. No longer a crisis.

It is like they are our pseudo kids. We depend on them for love, security,
companionship...through good days and bad.

I am very sorry ktmom.

Sending a prayer in memory of Buddy.

Job well done, Buddy. Rest in peace.

KTMom91

Thank you all for your good thoughts and prayers.

I don't think it's fully hit me yet. He was failing for several months, so this wasn't unexpected, especially at his age. I think the day we get his ashes back will be very, very difficult.