Strange comments

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
CN it is tiring, heart wrenching and also annoying to see the great desire and lack of follow through time and time again. I am with you in allowing him to experience the natural consequences. He must learn how to cope at some point ....or lower his expectations.

Go e yourself a break of course we get negative. Deal with the reality and the frustration this is causing you. Do something kind for yourself and recharge your batteries mama.

It is sad and annoying also that they forget the chaos they cause us.

Copabanana

I am over 3 times the age of your son. I love art too. 11 years ago I wanted to go to art school. I was focused and ready to immerse myself and work hard. I required 2 basic foundation courses.

Fast forward last week I came across the 15 college applications I submitted for enrolling. Nothing completed. False starts.

I believe myself to be an accomplished and motivated woman. But every life has demons. For the past 5 years I have wrangled with my own. And I have felt at times - a lot - that the demons have won.

I have had to face that this defeat is my real life perhaps more than the "successes" I cling to. How I wish I had been strong enough to integrate this real life (the demons, internal conflicts) at your son's age.

Colleen. I think I know some of your pain and fear. There is no taking away all of it. Because that is our life journey. Meaning for us to make.

A book is helping me understand.

Transitions. William bridges.

Mamacat

Colleen. I know how worrisome this can be. My son has been espousing beliefs about aliens and reptiles and the illuminati. I have been concerned this could be delusional. I restrict conversation to avoid these themes.
In no way do I recommend this response but I see no reason to encourage him.

The line between spiritual seeking and disorganization is not always clear. In my case I have done everything I can think of to encourage psychotherapy and for a time offered to pay for spiritual direction until I realized and accepted it was not my business.

My son who has sort of spiritual awakening, mental breakdown, or something very strange has too been talking about this. I googled alien reptile illuminati. All three words together and came up with some stuff I'd never heard of. I have no clue!!!

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
I also am feeling very negative and hopeless when it comes to my son and him turning his life around.

His birthday is next Saturday. He has spent many of the last 7 birthdays in rehab.

He gets angry that this is the case, yet he does not see that his actions are the reason WHY he is in rehab over and over again.

Yet I know he is very smart. How does he not put 2+2 together!