Tell us one unusual thing about yourself

Abbey

Spork Queen
Ok. I guess I could qualify this an unusual...but I survived.

I have a HUGE fear of amored cars. (Not going into why...too long.) Seriously, I will go into a serious panic if one is around.

BUT...I had like 3 minutes to check into work today and there was one right outside our entrance LOADING. I sucked it in and walked past it taking about 100 breaths a second. Please don't shoot me.

Just chalk that up to the list of weird things about me.

Abbey

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Ok. I might have the record for the "how fast did you meet and marry your husband"

husband proposed 2weeks after we started dating. We were married 2 weeks later. :rofl: (my Mom nearly stroked over it)

That was 25 yrs ago the end of August.

Lothlorien

I just remembered one....since you are brining up Hulk Hogan. When I was 13, we were on a bus in Manattan, going to the San Gennaro Festival and we were mooned by David Lee Roth...I won't tell you what else we were privy to in that mooning!

I actually met the rest of the band when I worked at the recording studio (when Sammy Hagar was in the band). The guys that owned the studio were also partners with Eddie Van Halen with a guitar company in NJ.

Lothlorien

Ok. I might have the record for the "how fast did you meet and marry your husband"

husband proposed 2weeks after we started dating. We were married 2 weeks later. :rofl: (my Mom nearly stroked over it)

That was 25 yrs ago the end of August.

My Aunt Fran met her husband on a plane going to Las Vegas and married him that night in Vegas. They've been married 33 years!!!!

DDD

Donna, my step daughter went to FSU the year after Bundy was there. She went thru
rush but only went to "that house" the one time that was required because it was too scarey for her. She did join another group and lived in that house for four years. DDD

Wiped Out

Staff member
OMG-This is a great thread! It has been so much fun to read!

-I can put my arms together behind my back and bring them over my head without disconnecting them (my students think this is really cool but I will only show them if as a group they all get an 85% or better on a spelling test).

-I was once attacked by a red wing black bird when my cousin, sister, and I were riding bikes by my uncle's farm.

-I once won a ping pong contest at a local park when I was a kid and decided not to go to the city contest because of a birthday party but I loved ping pong as a kid and played with my dad all the time. I wish we had a ping pong table now but we have no room for one and probably no one in my family would play.

-My sister went to school with an anchor on ESPN. They were a year before me in high school.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Me too, Shari!!!

:rofl:

OMG, I'm an idiot (as if you haven't noticed) - that was really, really dumb. He has 2 thumbs on one hand. (sheesh, I should be smacked).

HoC I never brought my pony in on purpose but I had them in the yard one day with the door open and they came right in.

OpenWindow

I am a bird poop magnet. I have been hit on the head or shoulder at least 15 times. I go on a lot of nature hikes, so you would assume that's where it happens, but it doesn't, ever. Once I was hit when we were at the zoo. There were no trees around, and we were sitting at a table eating a snack. He was flying overhead. Another time I was getting in my car in my driveway. Again, no trees around. Sitting in back yards at family get-togethers, I'm the only one hit. The latest bird was indoors - a friend had one of those big colorful birds (maybe a macaw?). It was out of it's cage and it landed on the back of the couch behind me and before I could move, right square on the shoulder. I hate bird poop, there's no getting used to it.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I have been hit 9 times by other drivers -
7 of those times they were drunk
1 of those times I had to learn to walk again.
None of those were my fault.

I've survived 2 house fires, 3 category 5 Hurricaines, 2 floods, 1 earth quake, 2 class F tornados, a difficult child and an x.

I moved 44 times in 11 years due to x.

I am ambidextrious - but can't spell it.

I am aquadextrious - turn tub faucet off with my toes

I am an artist

I've beat cancer twice

I have near perfect pitch but can't read music. I can play piano and organ some by ear.

lately I'm not sure if I'm having hot flashes or having a precursor to sponatenous combustion.

I've never won a thing in my life = I could fill out 100 of 101 forms in an entry box - and they would NOT pull my form.

I had drinks with Stevie Ray Vaughn on my 15th /16th birthday. I grew up in the same town as the O'Jays, Dave Waddel, David Canary, I had drinks with Greg Alman. (eesh what a princess)

I'm almost a master engraver - I engraved an $8200.00 Eddie Van Halen guitar(while I doubt that price) for the rock band Cinderella.

I have ESP. I do not have ESPN.

I still ask for a horse every Christmas. (when i met my x I got the horses @$$)

I've been in almost every major cave or cavern from PA to GA - ROCK ON SPELUNKERS!

I rode B*$%^ on a drag Harley to 214 mph - and will never have to have a facelift.

I used to race demolition cars on Friday night

I went to Woodstock - Canada.

I think I have a twin brother

;)

The whole "hock the loogie" thing (can you tell I've reached page 8 of this thread?) was covered in the movie Titanic, as you may recall. I am now imagining that you ladies resemble Kate Winslet. (That's good, by the way.)

Abbey

Spork Queen
The whole "hock the loogie" thing (can you tell I've reached page 8 of this thread?) was covered in the movie Titanic, as you may recall. I am now imagining that you ladies resemble Kate Winslet. (That's good, by the way.)

Shoot...that was an hourly occurance where I grew up.

Abbey

Star*

call 911........call 911
I never hocked a loogie -

I never tried to pawn snot either -

I DID attempt a farmers blow once - blew that booger right back on my cheek - went in the grocery store with snot smeard all over my cheek. In my defense - I was testing the limits of my new prescription for valium.

And no one ever said a word.

:surprise:
One of those things you find in your own car mirror - after you've walked around in the store getting 'those' looks and thinking OMG I AM A SEXY WOMAN....then get to your car and see boogers smeared on your cheek. Yeah - not much of a let down. Wouldn't have dated a man that couldn't tell me I had a booger and snot on my face from the git go.

I cried during Old Yeller and had a mad crush on Luke Skywalker as a kid! I even collected starwars toys and trading cards!
We saw Old Yeller in the first grade and I cried and cried. I have never ever watched it again, and just the mention of it makes me sad.

Just the other day I saw a list of "movies that make men cry". Old Yeller was #1, I believe.

(I'm up to page 12 of this thread now.)

In fact, part of my job is to design the paperwork that others use in their jobs (I try to make it simple...Honest!)

Trinity
I'm sure that you would never be responsible for one of those forms where they leave an area the size of a postage stamp for "Name, address and telephone number". Or the ones with a large expanse of white space labeled with the self-contradicting sentence "This area intentionally left blank."