Update on my son

LauraH

My son is 3 months into a 6-month sober living program. He's 110 days clean! Working two jobs (Starbucks and Circle K), sometimes working 15 hours a day between the two. I am so darn proud of him I could bust. Taking it one day at a time.

He now gets one overnight a week from the sober living home. Yesterday his friend went to St. Augustine and brought him here to Daytona. They hung out for a bit then he went and stayed with his friend. He hung out with me while his friend was at work today. We went to the beach, went out to lunch with my husband, hung out at home, and then he went to a meeting. His friend came and got him shortly after he returned from the meeting to take him back home to St. Augustine.

He did two things today that made me look at him and think "Who is this kid?" When he left his friend's house today he rode his bike to the clinic to get his medications without expecting anyone to go get them for him, take him to get them, or pay or help pay for them. He did it all on his own initiative. Then when we were at the beach I asked him if he wanted to go thrift shopping with me, as he had just gotten paid today from one of his jobs. He said he couldn't, he didn't have the money. I said "But you got paid today?" He said 'I have money but I can't spend it at the thrift store, I have bills and rent to pay." WOW!!! This from the young man who always spent his paycheck on "stuff" and then if there was any left over he MIGHT pay on his bills. Again...WOW!

He is doing so great right now! One day at a time, of course, but right now he's on the right track in a big way!

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
Oh how I love reading a positive post! I'm so very happy for you. It is my hope and prayer that your son continues down the path he is on as it's a good one. Slow and steady.
Thanks so much for sharing.

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
Wonderful that you see some growth in your son!

Enjoy this time and I pray that he continues to grow and follow the right path.