Very cautiously optimistic update

Lil

You know this isn't true. Yes, they were aggravated by him over the incident with mom and dad but he's being no more of an idiot that William ever was or than Nathan STILL is from time to time.

Oh Honey, I do know. It's just the way things went was...difficult.

There are no better people in the whole world than your parents. When it comes to your sisters and brother - I couldn't ask for better in-laws, really. It's not them.

I have a hard time with the whole, "How you behave reflects on ME" aspect of parenting. After all, we all know that when people see a kid who's homeless or in jail or whatever, they always say, "They must have crappy parents." or "Where are the parents?" or "Didn't their parents teach them anything." Which, BEING one of "those parents" we all KNOW that isn't fair at all. Kids do what they do and we can't control how they turn out. But people think it and say it. You hear it all the time and it makes me feel defensive. So because your family does know how he's behaved and the issues we've had, it makes me feel kinda "judged"- not really the right word but I can't think of another.

I'm pretty darn sure MY OWN sibling does feel that way, because he is of course, perfect.

Last edited:

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
Oh Lil, thanks for sharing this with us! It sounds so very promising.

I am very sorry to hear about your dog.

((HUGS))

Jabberwockey

I'm pretty darn sure MY OWN sibling does feel that way, because he is of course, perfect.

While I wont argue whether he does or doesn't feel this way, although I tend to agree with you, perfect he aint. Its gotta be tiring to try to keep that front up all the time though.

I understand that a lot of people think that its all on the parent but you have to remember that you weren't around during William and Nathan's heyday. Trust me when I say that my siblings, with the very possible exception of my oldest sister, completely understand. She is entirely too much like your brother.

Lil

While I wont argue whether he does or doesn't feel this way, although I tend to agree with you, perfect he aint. Its gotta be tiring to try to keep that front up all the time though.

I understand that a lot of people think that its all on the parent but you have to remember that you weren't around during William and Nathan's heyday. Trust me when I say that my siblings, with the very possible exception of my oldest sister, completely understand. She is entirely too much like your brother.

LOL I know honey...like I said, it's me. With you sisters, it's because it was there...and the family reunion from Hell...that made me feel like that. This is my issue, not theirs.