Whew! Checking in after the Hoidays

ScentofCedar

So far, so good, everyone!

Another day of cleaning and we should be back to what passes for normal around our house. (!)

Looks like I put on some weight from those dang biscottis ~ but then, I think I ate about three batches all by myself. (One of them was cherry/almond? Now, those were GOOD!) :smirk:

We did hear from difficult child before Christmas. The conversation was a good one. He seems to be doing ~ he seems to be handling his life as he wishes. We find we are experiencing less grief (or horror, or fear, or whatever it is we all experience when we are in close contact with our difficult child children for any length of time) now that we are in different surroundings.

Then too, I have been focusing on turning away from those feelings. They don't help anyone and they make me a basket case.

So.

We heard from difficult child, and that is good.

Our daughter was here with her husband and the kids for a week after Christmas. We had a great time. They arrived back home safely yesterday.

And that is all the news that is fit to print, from here.

Barbara

:smile:

KFld

Sounds like a nice relaxing peaceful holiday. I had one of those too and I'm very greatful for it.

Coookie

Barbara,

Distance does ease the contstant pain of a difficult child doesn't it. :grin: Glad your Holiday's were good. :grin:

Hugs

TYLERFAN

I feel the same way when I go to Florida....a disconnect from the problems of difficult child...a good disconnect.
Time seems suspended.
I can't wait to go back in Feb.
Have fun and enjoy it Barbara, You deserve it.

Blessings,
Melissa :smile: