Your Dream Home

Wish

I love old fashion traditional homes made of brick or stone. I googled Tudor homes like Pink said out of curiosity, and yes, I am absolutely in love with those too (didn't know they had a name). I love inside window panes made out of wood. I really dislike new homes, new renovations to homes, especially when done to older homes that have so much character. I do not like open concept or beige and nuetral color walls, not that I like anything wild in color either. I am a very old fashoin type of girl. I despise anything new. I love old stuff. I get really sad watching HGTV a lot because they way the renovate the homes, especially older homes that have so much character, is the complete antithesis of what I like. However, I do like mid-century modern type artsy homes, those are the only exception I like to anything "new" per-say.

newstart

We had our home gutted out competely and remodeled 5 years ago with a wonderful back yard addition with an outdoor kitchen, bathroom with a huge Caribbean shower and sitting area, man cave, and fire place, my friends tell me that my home is not a home it is a retreat. I love this place but sometimes my heart wants to move into a highrise and watch the weather come and go. We have talked about living part time in a highrise.

BusynMember

NewStart, it sounds amazing and peaceful. For me I can't imagine a highrise especially in a city. Sounds like you have your own special sanctuary. You are very lucky. Ours homes *should* be retreats!

ksm

We had our dream house...but sold it after we adopted the grands. It was 695 sq feet, but did have a full, semi finished basement. A small yard, a brick front, cedar shingles on the rest of the exterior, and wood shake shingles on the roof. A tiny privacy fenced back yard, half was a deck and hot tub, the rest had stone pavers.

We had downsized about 10 years before, in anticipation of retirement. Then we added two little girls to our family. Now that they are on their way out of our home (one has moved out) I wish we had out little house back. It is up for sale...hmmm...but not ready to up and move right now.

Ksm

Lil

Jabber and I had actually found the most perfect little fixer upper a few years ago, 2015. :( It was a foreclosure, and even though we offered full price, with guaranteed financing plus renovation financing in place, Fannie Mae took a cash offer. It was a little rock house, maybe 1000 square feet without the unfinished basement. It needed gutted and a lot of maintenance, but it was so cute and had this little red heart-shaped stone right by the front door. It was a little farther away than we wanted, but 11 acres of woods and a shop that could be lived in until the house was finished.

They ruined it. :cry: My little house is back on the market, originally $200,000 higher than it was when we wanted it! They cleared a ton of woodland and put up a huge barn for DAIRY GOATS! They added over 1000 square foot addition - big and modern - onto the back of the lovely little cottage, then apparently they ran out of money, because the entire project, except for the stupid dairy barn, is unfinished. It would have been such a lovely little house. I no longer have photos from before - but here is the main cottage, I cropped out the addition. I would have done a different porch, one that turned into a deck wrapped around the side, and a tin roof, and different siding. I had it all photoshopped for the bank back then so they could see my vision.

witt road.PNG
witt road 2.PNG

Pink Elephant

Jabber and I had actually found the most perfect little fixer upper a few years ago, 2015. :( It was a foreclosure, and even though we offered full price, with guaranteed financing plus renovation financing in place, Fannie Mae took a cash offer. It was a little rock house, maybe 1000 square feet without the unfinished basement. It needed gutted and a lot of maintenance, but it was so cute and had this little red heart-shaped stone right by the front door. It was a little farther away than we wanted, but 11 acres of woods and a shop that could be lived in until the house was finished.

They ruined it. :cry: My little house is back on the market, originally $200,000 higher than it was when we wanted it! They cleared a ton of woodland and put up a huge barn for DAIRY GOATS! They added over 1000 square foot addition - big and modern - onto the back of the lovely little cottage, then apparently they ran out of money, because the entire project, except for the stupid dairy barn, is unfinished. It would have been such a lovely little house. I no longer have photos from before - but here is the main cottage, I cropped out the addition. I would have done a different porch, and a tin roof, and different siding. I had it all photoshopped for the bank back then so they could see my vision.

View attachment 981 View attachment 982
Oh, do I ever like it! So inviting and homey...

Lil

Hugs to you Lil.

I, too, have felt the pain of loosing out on purchases in my lifetime, so know exactly how bad it can feel. What a shame the buyers didn't stay in keeping with the overall design and landscape.

Eh...I'm feeling moody today. Thinking about what might have been.

BUT, here is my newest vision of my dream home. I'd forgotten I'd saved this...953 square feet. I think I'd move the laundry closet to give more room in the master, but otherwise, it's a cute little cottage...Just my taste.

953 sq ft, modified, better.png

Pink Elephant

Eh...I'm feeling moody today. Thinking about what might have been.

BUT, here is my newest vision of my dream home. I'd forgotten I'd saved this...953 square feet. I think I'd move the laundry closet to the front bedroom to give more room in the master, but otherwise, it's a cute little cottage...Just my taste.

View attachment 983
Oh, now I like that even better! That deck! Have always longed (and loved) decks! And that stone chimney just ties the entire overall design together so well. Yep, that's me to a T!

Pink Elephant

Lil. I can smell fresh-baked apple pie wafting all the way over to my house from yours, as you have the front screen-door open... and I can even hear your kettle whistling. I'm coming over to your house for a visit! let's sit on the swing!

Lil

Lil. I can smell fresh-baked apple pie wafting all the way over to my house from yours, as you have the front screen-door open... and I can even hear your kettle whistling. I'm coming over to your house for a visit! let's sit on the swing!

If I ever get that house...you are more than welcome! :picnic:

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
I absolutely LOVE big front porches. Our house now has one. Our new house has no front porch but a very large back porch! Common in the south I guess.
upload_2018-6-5_16-14-31.png