13 year old granddaughter keeps stealing my credit cards and lying about using them

Jenna0823

Dear Jenna Nobody likes to be abused. It's wrong on every level. You don't deserve it now and you didn't deserve it from your daughter for 20 years, or ever. You have a choice here. You can withdraw yourself from this toxic and abusive situation, if you choose. You are not legally responsible for the care of this ungrateful and troubled child. Or you can choose to keep fighting for her.

What won't work based upon my own experience is to believe you can control her, her reactions, her behaviors or her feelings. Unfortunately, your daughter has way more control and influence than do you. In my own experience children let alone grandchildren do not give us what we need emotionally, after they have started to act out and to be difficult.

If you choose to no longer allow yourself to be hurt by your granddaughter the only way I see this as possible is to remove yourself from the situation entirely and to nurse your feelings, so that you gradually feel better. With this there would in time be the recognition that you did all you were able to do. As long as you choose to be close to this child or her mother, given how things are unfolding, the likelihood is that there will be more of the same thing.

I am sorry you are suffering.
Thank you so much for your help. I think I need to remove myself from this before it does damage to my health. My granddaughter will always have a great big place in my heart.

Jenna0823

Thank you so much for your help. I think I need to remove myself from this before it does damage to my health. My granddaughter will always have a great big place in my heart.
Well next weekend I am going to my sisters to see my nephew. He is bringing my granddaughter with him to stay with my sister for a few weeks. Still haven’t heard a thing from her. Over 5 weeks and no response to any contact I have made thru many routes. I know she sees it. I really don’t know what to say when I see her . My daughter told her I called the police 6 weeks ago when the baby granddaughter fell and was throwing up. It wasn’t me but the other grandmother. I don’t understand why my granddaughter is totally ignoring me. We were so close. Talked everyday. I am struggling. Maybe she is becoming like my daughter