Adoption/Heartstrings

Nomad

PS I’ve stayed in touch with a mom that use to come here with two adopted children. There was a giant horrible situation…different than mine…but oddly just as damaging. Her two adopted children (now adults) very rarely speak to them anymore. The adult kids at least have jobs and are doing decently. But they made the oarent’s lives crazy difficult , caused chaos and devastation and then left. There is no relationship between them.

in a daze

My cousins were adopted as infants straight out of the orphanage in the Sixties. All the nurturing that my aunt and uncle gave them couldn’t overcome the personality and mental health issues they inherited from the bio parents.

BusynMember

Nomad and friends, I had the audacity to once say in this forum I had no hope for Kay or something like that.

A poster from here reamed me out for possibly.making others here lack hope by my post. This poster would confront me if I dared to tell my feelings about Kay, telling me that she won't "allow" me to take hope away from "other parents" wth? I had to get runaway bunny. Since then I have been terrified ro tell the truth but I am going g to say it now.

I have NO hope for Kay. and it's my right to say so and to feel this way. And it's okay for anyone to feel this way and you should not have to hide it..if it's your truth, it is.

This is a forum you tell your true feelings because you can't to anyone else. I resent somebody trying to control my words (it was a few times)<. I don't remember who did it but I was horrified. I had NOT meant to hurt anyone but.it was my story and it still is. I'm sorry it's not pretty. It is what it is.

Its okay to not have hope. In fact I hate the word hope too. I had so many people in real life tell me not to give up. Have hope! Never give up hope! But they do not know Kay. I hate talking about her to new friends so I don't tell most about her. If I'm awful then I am. But I'm too tired to share about her to people that don't know her and don't need to know about her. I can't do it anymore. I really cant.

I am crying hard now.

Love sent.

Last edited:

Nomad

I’m so sorry, Busy.
I’m in an extremely similar boat. Extremely. Big time.
it’s been near impossible to cope with and even impossible to describe.
You saw what I wrote about the very word “hope.” You are entitled to your feelings. You’ve been through hell. And you know your daughter. I know why the word kills me. It’s still too raw.
I know G-d will help us. In my case…he already brought you. (((Hugs)))

Nancy

Hi Nomad. This is Nancy. It’s been so long. I just read through your posts. These stories are all so familiar to me, as you know. I was thinking of you the other day because it was Kris’s birthday.

Nomad

Wow Nancy…I thought of both of you the other day. I actually met Kris. Of course this was eons ago. I don’t know if you know that. How is your daughter? Please update me. Perhaps a pm. Thank you fir saying hello.

Nomad

Actually this is uncanny. Just the other day I mentioned something about health care I thought I heard on this site. Goodness…it may have been your thoughts. Pm me if you would. Thank you again. Hope all is well.

Estherfromjerusalem

I've just read through this whole thread. Nomad and Busy, I know what I have gone through (and still go through) with my son is nothing compared to what you two have gone through and are still going through. But I wanted to say to you that my heart is aching for you. And that I think it is amazing to have this site where people can truly say what is in their hearts.

Love, Esther

Nancy

Nomad and friends, I had the audacity to once say in this forum I had no hope for Kay or something like that.

A poster from here reamed me out for possibly.making others here lack hope by my post. This poster would confront me if I dared to tell my feelings about Kay, telling me that she won't "allow" me to take hope away from "other parents" wth? I had to get runaway bunny. Since then I have been terrified ro tell the truth but I am going g to say it now.

I have NO hope for Kay. and it's my right to say so and to feel this way. And it's okay for anyone to feel this way and you should not have to hide it..if it's your truth, it is.

This is a forum you tell your true feelings because you can't to anyone else. I resent somebody trying to control my words (it was a few times)<. I don't remember who did it but I was horrified. I had NOT meant to hurt anyone but.it was my story and it still is. I'm sorry it's not pretty. It is what it is.

Its okay to not have hope. In fact I hate the word hope too. I had so many people in real life tell me not to give up. Have hope! Never give up hope! But they do not know Kay. I hate talking about her to new friends so I don't tell most about her. If I'm awful then I am. But I'm too tired to share about her to people that don't know her and don't need to know about her. I can't do it anymore. I really cant.

I am crying hard now.

Love sent.
Busy I truly understand. I don’t think anyone can understand what we have gone through unless they have been there. I remember saying something similar at a meetup we had with members many years ago and got gasps from some. Your truth is your truth and we must have a safe place to verbalize them. I wish you peace.