CD get togethers

BusynMember

If we're looking for a place with a strange name and strange things to do, there is a Hell MI. I hear they have some hot times there. :)

trinityroyal

If we're looking for a place with a strange name and strange things to do, there is a Hell-o MI (minus the O) hehe. I hear they have some "different" shops :)
So, let me get this straight...

If you go shopping in Hell-o, you can buy the products named after the D---o town in Nfld?
What a riot!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
:rofl:

I have a T-shirt my parents brought me back from the Cayman Islands.

"Never tell your parents to go to Hell - they'll bring you back a souvenir t-shirt"...

H

HaoZi

OHHHHH I would give my eyeteeth to see Queensrÿche!!!

We're so going to hang out sometime. I haven't seen them in concert in 20 years, they were this way a couple years ago and I couldn't go.

Speaking of that MI town, have you seen the "froze over" sign photo?

Marguerite

Toronto - my sister spent some time there back in the 60s.

We have a suburb of Newcastle (a coal-mining, former ship-building city north of Sydney) called Toronto. My brother lived there for a while, SIL1 comes from that area too. He assures me, as do my brother's children, that the Australian pronunciation is a very nasal "Tronna".

Just thought I'd share that...

Marg

keista

I say someone needs to win the lottery so we can all visit Marg in the Land Down Under!

I'm a sucker (lollipop if it gets censored) for men with Australian accents. Back in my teens I met a young man by the name of Mick, Mike, or Michael, take your pick.

WOW his accent was so thick that I could barely understand a word he said, but I sat listening to him ramble on for hours!

trinityroyal

Trinity~ how about Niagara on the Lake or Stratford? I think our members could have fun at these locales too.

Niagara-on-the-Lake is stunningly beautiful but incredibly expensive. Ownership of several hotels and B&Bs has been consolidated over the last several years. The owner has done a lovely job renovating them, but the price--on top of travel--might be out of reach for people.

Stratford is probably more reasonable from a cost perspective. AND it's close to St. Mary's (famous for antiques, farmers markets, etc) and lovely countryside. If we time it right, we might be in time for a good run at the theatre too.

BusynMember

(Lobbying, lobbying, lobbying)

The more expensive the town, the less people will be able to afford to go :)

Hell, Michigan has some interesting shops...lol. Never been there, but saw something on it on television.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Speaking of small towns...

Years ago I went to WI with XH. Barneveld, to be precise. Not much there. But we took a day trip to Wisconsin Dells - I loved that - and the House on the Rock.

Wiped Out

Staff member
I would love to go to Buffalo!! Here in Madison we have things going on every weekend all summer long so it is another good place and Wisconsin Dells is only a 45 minute drive!

DammitJanet

I would love to get up to northern NY. I understand it is beautiful. I know northern NH is. I am expecting most of the northern parts of NE would be fairly the same. I have been in Maine, NH and then down the I95 corridor. Though I think that area would be most beautiful in the fall.

H

HaoZi

Only been up to Lake George once, but I recall it being quite pretty. I'd love to go again but don't see it happening any time soon.

Marguerite

Semi-seriously, if you came to Aus I would probably be able to organise accommodation at minimal cost.

travel costs would be the issue. And jet-lag.

Marg