For those watching the Casey A. trial.....

klmno

So if George lied, he would have been impeached and proven the defense's case. He told the truth, at least 99%, so he's hammered for not throwing himself under the bus. They picked George for this role intentionally. They knew he was a good dad and would go to any lengths he could to withstand it but he had emotions- he had suicidal ideations- they could lay a guilt trip on him. I doubt seriously this is going to fly with the jury if the jury really is a cross-section of the norm of American adults. And Cindy and George not sitting together right now- I think that's symbolic of the mixed emotions all the family is going thru right now. Part of each one of them wants to save her life, but the other part knows she's responsible. What a horrible predicament.

I'm having a hard enough time knowing that a Department of Juvenile Justice staff member is nursing a broken nose that my son caused and I've been the receiver of his punches and know how it hurts, at the same time I'm trying to figure out if it's even normal for a 16yo to tell me when he gets angry, he blacks out and just lashes out and doesn't know what to do. We need more help for our difficult children and people need to quit blaming the parents- I'm talking about warrior parents- not the parents who really are abusive or obviously selfish to the point of neglect.

H

HaoZi

Janet, don't send yourself. Let's all send our kids for Baez to deal with for a while. I bet he Baker Acts himself within a week.

As to Ashton laughing, I think they've both been called on the carpet for this kind of thing, and I'm amazed Ashton has kept a straight face when Baez is talking as much as he has. I could never do it, I have no poker face that I can hold for over 30 seconds.

donna723

OMG, will that man EVER shut up? I'm so sick of hearing him droning on and on but I'm afraid that if I get up from the TV, something will happen and I'll miss it!

klmno

At least he doesn't have another opportunity to EVER address a court on this case...sheww...WHAT??? Now ANOTHER defense attny?? OK, if they started before lunch break, we absolutely have to be at 4 hours now.

But I'll give him credit for one thing, I do think he handled the smirking issue well after the recess.

DammitJanet

And from what I can tell, Lee and his girlfriend havent been there today have they? I just saw a shot of George all alone out in the hall when the recess started. Didnt see Cindy anywhere. Wonder what all that means?

Honestly, if Cindy did have anything to do with throwing him under the bus then I hope he does leave her and can find happiness with someone else. That would really be a betrayal.

DammitJanet

Oh why is Casey wiping her face now? Fixing her make up perhaps?

I swear Casey has the dullest expressions on her face. Maybe they have her medicated.

Oh good gawd...we are getting a history lesson. Sheesh. Lets make it a 4th of July special...get out the fireworks and play the Star Spangled Banner for her.

Get me a really tiny violin please.

klmno

I wouldn't have a problem with this if they were presenting something we don't already know or that we really needed reminding on, but this seems more like gibberrish just to maximize any second they can with Casey not being in prison, or on death row. I heard commentators say on Friday that the longer a defense team does this koi, the more likely it is that a jury finds guilt.

donna723

I didn't see Cindy in the court room either but the commentators were saying that George and Cindy's attorney was sitting between them.

And now with Mason going on and on ... I thought THE JUDGE was the one to instruct the jury? Are they just trying to take up as much time as the judge will let them have so that everybody will be bored to tears by the time the prosecution gets back up there?

klmno

I don't think they are doing Casey any favors. Statistics show this tics the jury off toward the defense. To me, it shows they are grasping at straws. They talked about Casey having imaginary friends and basicly, being a difficult child, well, then where is the psychiatric report and why didn't they claim not guilty be reason of insanity? This could very well bite them in the butt.

Goodness, if they can't even find reason to believe that she intentionally caused or allowed child abuse, then something is really awry.

DammitJanet

Well, if her lawyers are ticking us off this bad, I wonder how bad the jurors are feeling. OMG...did Mason just testify that he didnt smell odor? Ummm...is he allowed to do that?

Star*

call 911........call 911
As if on cue......the tears. The dramatic actions. The body language. Casey Anthony has been coached. When I went into sales? We took classes; pretty intense ones on watching peoples faces, noses, rise and fall of their breathing, posture - things that can and can not be faked for a number of reasons towards behavior. Her emotions today were not sincere - there was crying yes, but it was in my best estimation being drawn on by some other sadness and made to look for the benefit of the world like "look at me, I'm sad, so sad over the loss of my daughter - do you see me? I'm sad." Psychopaths and sociopaths have this ability.
She was not convincing to me, I felt at any moment if someone had snapped their fingers - she could have stopped abruptly and laughed at a joke had it been told in ear shot. If you watched as she uses her tissue even her use of that tissue is so narcissistic - (sounds harsh) but it's all about her. What is on my kleenex? Is this enough tears? Do they see it? Am I convincing? Looks at tissue? Not enough - cries more. There is no real emotion there.

As to my twisted theory on Caseys fate? And boy it's really a conspiracy theory about the whole famdamily. Do I think that George and Cindy were in on the murder from the get go? NO. No I do not. However I do think at some point possibly earlier than law enforcement they realized their daughter was a pathological liar, their granddaughter was dead, and their daughter had more than something to do with her disappearance and death. THAT I believe. Do I believe the drowning theory/story? No. I think that's the best of 100 stories thrown out by the defense to confuse and befuddle the world and cause serious doubt.

What I believe is that Casey murdered her daughter by smothering her, I think either accidentally to put her to sleep so she could party or possibly pre-meditated and then tried to make it look like an accident. But more than likely I think she got angry at the child, taped her mouth shut, shoved her in a bag, thought about putting her in the back yard - figured thats the first place people would look and then moved her to the swamp figuring she'd decompose so badly she'd never be found.

I also belive that the entire Anthony family has been asked by Baez "WHAT would you do to save Caseys life? Anything, something, nothing?" If the answer has been by George, Cindy and Lee? - 'Anything" It could well be - that THERE is where all the crazy acting, and stories of molestation have come in about her Father, her Brother, and without her Mothers knowledge. It could also be where the crazy swimming pool drowing - George a veteran police officer - we will cover this up don't worry story - comes in. It could ALSO explain WHY police NEVER EVER looked at George or Lee, or Cindy for such a crime as those....because they never happened. But if a defense atty cooks them up? To save a daughter/sisters life? No one is questioning HOW this could happen. It would explain WHY if it DID happen George hasn't come forward and said "Okay, yes please do not kill my daughter - that's what happened...it was JUST an accident."

Because facts is - in five years - You, ME - the rest of the world is NOT going to care about Casey Anthony. We're going to get on with our life. But the Anthonys are already missing Caylee - they do NOT believe it or not want to see Casey die too- difficult child or not she is their daughter. and IF she lives? They have the chance to see her, talk to her. OTHERWISE they BOTH would THROW HER ----under the bus, but to thebest of my recollection - have NOT done so. Have they? Neither has Lee. Hes played along too - "Is that my baby?" Oh for pete sake and neither parent is disgusted? Really? They're standing by their MOLESTING son? WOW - Would you? And his girlfriend is there too? Would YOU? And George has an affair and Cindy is standing by him? And Lee is okay with his DAD having an affair? WOW....So everyone in that family just gets it on with everyone else and they all walk in the courtroom as if ---nothing happened? Nowhere - ever? But no one suspects that this is all an act or ACTS thrown out there by BAEZ to make everyone have REASONABLE doubt to save Casey so MAYBE she gets off with a NOT guilty plea and the Anthonys just sell the old homestead and move out of country take Casey and Lee - and what ? let them frolic somewhere else? Maybe have another grandchild /////I mean - WOW - So no one is waiting in the wings to arrest every member of THIS family for child molestation and abuse? (NO statute of limitations I think in Florida) -------nothing's been said about that. I mean I was told by our therapist that I could have my X arrested for child abuse from FL - if Dude would press charges and fill out statements....no statute...so why isn't this being mentioned in the Anthony FAMILY????

Because this is all a wag the dog show by baez.......and america is buying most of it....and I'm largely guessing - largely - but if she were to get off......I bet they'd lay low - then move and you can bet they'd all be together after this. I think they're all in on it. Just to get her life spared. I have a hard time believing all of this has been for naught - and they will walk away from her forever.

Could be wrong - don't think so.....

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Thank gawd JP continued till tomorrow morning. I started taking the sheets and blankets off my bed at like 6:00 A.M Ca time listening, stoping to watch TV, watching commentaries - take a pillow case off, sit down, watch closing statements a little, get up, make coffee, take another pillow case off, sit down, watch more. I just now and its almost 4:00 heard the buzzer go off on the washer that my blankets are done and am only NOW putting in the sheets ROFLMBO

Any bets on how long they are going to take to come in with a verdict?? And its going to be guilty?

Marcie

Star*

call 911........call 911
I think the jury will vote- Not guilty. Just a hunch. Based on the lack of evidence.....They have circumstantial evidence. But they do NOT have a smoking gun.....it's another OJ deal.

Do I think she's guilty? Yes - she has already as much as admitted that she allowed her to drown in the pool - but they could NOT PROVE THAT.......if they convict her? They've done so on CIRCUMSTANTIAL evidence . OVERWHELMING circumstantial evidence....but the burden of proof has to based on BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT.......

THEY have created A LOT OF DOUBT - with the wag the dog pony show. -----hence all of them are in on it to save her life.

H

HaoZi

If she walks I give it a max of five years before someone offs her, either because they believe she's guilty or because of her lifestyle.

To me, I haven't seen anything that presents reasonable doubt, but I put more faith in physical evidence than in witness testimony.

klmno

You know, periodically I just go back to how sad it is that this little girl is gone. Thrown away like she never mattered, no matter what and I fully believe that we'll never really know what happened that day. But no matter what happened that day, I'm comfortable saying that those of us here wouldn't like it.

Nancy

I though Ashton was great and as much as I hate Baez I was surprised he did as well as he did. I don't think we liked what he said or how he said it, but I was expecting much worse from him. He certainly was passionate. Ashton was out of line in laughing but husband said this has happened in cases he's been in, prosecutors have smirked, laughed, made facial expressions. Trials can become very heated with a lot of accusations and inuendos thrown around and sometimes in the heat of battle this happens (of course husband would never do this, he doesn't like to be held in contempt). I thought Baez's comments to the judge were very gracious and I thought Ashton should have fallen on his sword a bit more. I think they were both lucky JP accepted their apologies.

I feel very badly for George. What Baez said about his was so cruel and I am worried about him. I did notice they were not sitting together and I do hope they can work this out, they have been through more than anyone should have to. The fact that Casey just sits there and watched her family be destroyed shows me she has no human emotions at all.

I think it was a good move to recess for the day. The state will do rebuttal and will be the last thing the jury hears except for jury instructions.

What are we going to do after tomorrow? We need to start our twelve step program.

Nancy

JJJ

I think the jury will take 2 days and come back with guilty on the lesser charges....aggravated manslaughter, etc. And likely a hung verdict on the murder one.