For those watching the Casey A. trial.....

H

HaoZi

There's a warning that it's live feed and bad language or other questionable things might be heard/seen.

DammitJanet

Baez said something about the computer searches when asked by the Judge if he knew that Cindy was going to say she had done those searches and if he had already reviewed those time cards to know she was at work. This was when he was contesting the introduction of her time cards. Baez said yes. Judge just stared at him. Then he slowly said...oh, so you put a witness on the stand knowing she was going to testify to something that she couldnt have possibly done huh? Baez turned beet red. He back peddled and said...well she told me...uh uh uh.

klmno

I wasn't too impressed with this last attny's remarks at first but by the end of it, she had me shaking it was so powerful.

I'll be surprised if it takes this jury a long time- more than a full day- either way they decide.

I can't see anyy of the lower charges, except the lieing to police, being proven so much. It seems like it's an all-or-nothing to me. IOW, it might be manslaughter or murder 1 or not guilty, but child abbuse alone- I can't see finding Casey guilty of that without also concluding that she caused Caylee's death. We'll see....

Bravo...don't you think? I have a good feeling the jury will find her guilty. Did you see the look on her face today? If looks could kill...

klmno

I agree. Casey has shown a lot more anger and anger a lot more often than any emotion a typical mother would feel, like grief or love.

Nancy

They will not have transcripts in the jury room. If they want to listen to any of the tapes they have to ask permission and both sides can argue if they want that allowed.

Nancy

donna723

"oh, so you put a witness on the stand knowing she was going to testify to something that she couldnt have possibly done ..."

This whole thing was extremely dumb for anyone to think they could get away with it! Surely they'd know they could check up on this! The computer system where Cindy works sounds a lot like some of the ones we used in the Dept. of Correction and on the State computer systems for various functions. They're closed networks where everyone has their own distinct user ID and passwords. The IT people can go in at any time and tell exactly what activity there was on anyone's user ID and work station at any particular time. If she signed on to that computer at any time during the day in question, they could tell exactly when it was and what she did while signed in. The only way she could have possibly gotten away with claiming she wasn't there that day was if she never clocked in, never signed in to the computer that day, if she never signed or initialed any paperwork of any kind that day, if absolutely no one remembered her being there that day or had any interaction with her that day ... not very likely! Why were they so dumb as to think they could get away with that??????? Did they really think that the prosecution wouldn't check that out?

DammitJanet

Listening to the jury instructions is going to nail her because he keeps talking about how it wouldnt be murder if she had killed the person if it was an accident which happened during an every day normal activity.

klmno

I had similar thoughts, DJ. A whole lot of "Caylee Marie Anthony is dead" and "Casey Marie Anthony is responsible", even though said in the context of definitions for each charge.

Did anyone else think Casey seemed to squirm when the judge described a child dieing while being abused?

DammitJanet

I think she looks like a platypus the way she holds her mouth.

Oh heck Nancy, they cant take transcripts with them back there! How on earth are they going to remember everything? Most of them didnt take notes and really how could they as fast as most of the trial went.

I thought they were going to have the evidence back there with them.

DammitJanet

Well if it were me, I would go ahead and get the most obvious over with...lying to the police...lol. Thats the easiest! Guilty on all charges.

klmno

So they all have to agree 100% on ALL these charges? Goodness, well since they could possibly find her guilty on all those charges, and have to be 100% in agreement on all those, maybe it will take longer than I thought.

Two things I'm sure of: it's not justifiable homocide and the prosecution did one heck of a job, in spite of the slack moments by Ashton yesterday.

Ok, three- Casey isn't looking too confident and "in charge" right now.

mazdamama

My honest opinion is that Casey Anthony is like many young adults today that have children that they really have no clue on what being a mother is. I do feel that she is guilty and loved the defense's rebuttal today. My late ex daughter in law was someone that Casey reminds me of . Mama Rae put on "shows" of being a loving mother when she knew it would draw attention to HER. She was also a habitual liar and made the mistake of allowing me to talk with her psychologist. Boy was I shocked at the lies she had told her Dr.
I do not believe there was any incest or brotherly fondling. My own two adult children (a boy and girl) were close in age and were very close and still are. In a close knit family secrets such as pregnancy are discussed with the entire family.
I think she has really put her own family under the bus with her lies and accusations and they were the ones on her side. I guess I feel that way because Mama Rae, before leaving TN and moving in here with son and Daniel, told anyone she could in the small town they lived in that her adoptive father and brother took turns with her sexually and made her their slave. All of it was lies.

Star*

call 911........call 911
So the majority of everyone here believes the baby accidentally drown in the pool and Cayce went to great lengths to cover it up and make it look like a murder? Her family had nothing to do with it, and she's guilty of neglect not homocide? Is hoping for a hung jury or a complete dismissal or lesser charges.

OR

She purposely smothered her child with choloroform and tape, moved the child...concocted the story about the pool to save her butt - her family knew nothing but she's thrown them under the bus to save her bacon, lied like a rug to everyone to avoid the chair - and is hoping for life in prison.

Nancy - (on a personal note) THANK YOU very much for the clarification on my conspiracy theroy (lol) It just seems to me that without a doubt the family is dysfunctional. Don't seem to get any disagreement on that. Seems that George regardless of what has gone on in his family HAS regrets now and while I'm not pointing fingers EVER - I'm all about forgiveness. Even for Casey. What she did is unspeakable, NOT unforgiveable. It's not MY place to condem her. If I were on the jury? It would be my place to convict her - that is all. I try to keep in the fore front of my mind that people in glass houses should never throw stones. (not saying that for you, just in general, because I'm no angel, and I was brought up in a church that teaches one sin is not greater than another)

I'm like everyone else struggling to understand how anyone could take the life of their child - It's a sorry and sick story - that will be over soon for us, but will continue fot the Anthony's and I will continue to pray for their healing, because I can imagine.

Hugs Star

klmno

I can't speak for everyone here, but I tend to think Cindy had searched chlorophyl at some point and something was left on that computer that Casey saw and got the idea to use chloroform, once she ran out of xanax so Casey started searching chloroform to use to put her daughter out while she went out and partied or had time alone with her boyfriend. Whether or not Casey was high and decided she'd had enough of Caylee or was afraid Caylle was getting ready to tell someone or she was teetering with the idea of just killing Caylee or whether or not she just over-did the chloroform and panicked and duct taped the kid, I have no idea. But I think Casey is 100% responsible for that child's death and she qualifies for the definition of felony murder, IMVHO.

I don't think there was a family conspiracy or a prosecution conspiracy.

I agree that religion teaches us one sin is as great as another in the eyes of the Lord, but in the eyes of the judicial system in this country, that isn't going to be the case. Our difficult children' antics and the resulting court punishments prove that.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
I do not believe the pool was involved in any way, shape or form. She was using chloro on that baby girl to knock her out so she could go party. I think the last time she was alive Casey was angry at her-maybe she knew that Casey was comming at her with the Chloro, started fussin, and Casey taped her mouth/nose shut - I think whatever senario happened in that car.

Marcie

klmno

I heard the taped phone conversation between Casey and her family the day she got arrested for the first time this morning. If you listen to that, you can hear Cindy walking that fine line many of us warrior moms here have teetered on. "Casey, honey, you got yourself there because you lied....now why won't you just tell us where Caylee really is and what happened and quit lieing", or something along those lines. Casey's respons "F you, just give me my boyfriend's phone number, I haven't talked to him since this morning, all you care about is Caylee".

'Nuf said for me. When I put that together with the other things, I am convinced beyond a reasonable doubt that felony murder was proven. I think it could have been premeditated but that's where I'd want to see the specific computer searches and results. But once the definition of felony murder was explained and that it doesn't matter if it was felony murder or premeditated murder, the jurors don't have to agree on that point in order to reach a verdict, and either way, it's first degree murder, I had my decision made beyond a reasonable doubt.

Last edited:

Malika

To engage in stating the bleedin' obvious, no-one other than the perpetrator(s) know what happened in this case. We all have our theories, more or less plausible, but the jurors have the serious task of reaching a verdict based on the evidence. If I were a juror, trying to imagine that I have only evidence presented to go on, I would find it beyond a reasonable doubt that Casey was implicated in the death of her daughter. But how? What evidence has been presented to show the manner of death? Would I be able to find Casey guilty of 1st degree murder based on the evidence? I don't know that I could. Although she may very well have been guilty of that. It is one of the quandaries of this case that all the evidence could be interpreted in different ways. It looks beyond reasonable doubt that Caylee's body was kept in the back of the car. But that tells us nothing about how she died. There was evidence of chloroform and of someone, almost certainly Casey, making searches about chloroform. But that does not tell us whether the child died of an accidental overdose or deliberately. As to forgiveness, it seems to me that all things can be forgiven. One of the predicates for that, though, is that there is regret and remorse. We do not know what is going on in Casey's secret heart, but to external appearances, she does not seem to be engaging with any serious level of truth about what happened. That seems to me frightening and dysfunctional.