I hope you can help

TweetyD

Her counselor said the same thing about elder abuse. When I mentioned it to my BFF she said "S**** never hit me"......she's so far into denial that today I didn't even say anything about S****.

BusynMember

Probably best not to bring it up in my opinion. You must have happier things you two can talk about. Maybe time to let go of the situation and not comment on it anymore, even if she brings her up.

TweetyD

I had previously said: "Am hoping that S**** gets arrested for driving after revocation or another drug charge, then her butt would be in jail. My BFF says "oh well, then at least I'm not the one who put her there"........ Well,
S***** got arrested for an outstanding warrant. But, my BFF did not stick to her word on that either. She immediately ran and bailed S***** out of jail AGAIN. So sad, a 48 year old CRIMINAL and her over 70 year old mom still babying her. I am hoping an outstanding drug charge lands S***** in jail, mommy wouldn't be able to bail her out of that one. At this point I am temporarily detaching from my BFF.

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
Tweedy:

I think you need to take a big.step.back.

You cannot control how your friend handles this situation. You have said all you can say.

She is somewhat in denial and that takes a long time and a lot of work to turn around!!! A lot.

Just let her know you are there for her. I think that is all you can do. You cannot make yourself sick over it.

BusynMember

Some 80 year olds give up their entire lives to enable a 60 year old "child." She has already given up most of her life to save her well grown daughter. She will probably do it forever, until she passes on. Daughter will then be 55 and helpless.
This is just one example of a poor mother never living life becaise Daughter is a criminal.

Sad.
Prayers for her.