Mother’s Day Blues

Carri

Man… am I feeling low today. I know that Expectations are premeditated resentments” but I still go there on Mother’s Day. Reflecting on the fact that I raised my son right and for some reason I think he’ll contact me this one day a year. It still hurts after so many years. A reminder to Let Go. I really need to avoid restaurants and retailers during the month of May. I’m sure I’m not alone.

Hugs to you Carri ❤️ We can give our children everything, including our hearts, and this can happen. Mother's Day can be painful to so many for so many reasons and sometimes after a holiday is over, we breathe a sigh of relief. I will say Happy Mother's Day to you because, no matter what, you are still deserving of thanks and recognition and love on this day and every day. When it isn't going well for me, I flip the script and do something for myself. I buy myself a gift, go out to lunch or plan a day at the beach. I do something for me and it can be as simple as closing my bedroom door, turning on some good music and pretending to be a teenager again while I organize my room. Even though my mom has been gone for 20 years, the blues hit me out of the blue this Mother's Day and sometimes we just can't control that but I did force myself through it and I ended up enjoying sunny day sitting on the patio having lunch. It wasn't perfect but I realized just having the sunshine on me can help. Prayers for strength and rest for you ❤️

Carri

Thanks for listening and for your response. I did work on self care today, gardening and a little reading too. Just glad the Hallmark holiday is coming to an end. 😕