Now that you reopened what is different and

BusynMember1

What is the same?

Without orders to wear masks or being careful in my state, the businesses are doing both anyway!! I'm very impressed. This includes most grocery stores, small businesses, hair salons and most restaurants are not open yet although they could be. I hear bars are crazy at 25 percent capacity and people will get sick but we have no interest in bars.

In general I am impressed with our part of our state.

I think social distancing and handwashing and masks will be the new norm until there is a vaccine. I'm fine with that. Our state was hit hard in spots.

Although things seem more "normal" they are different. Many of us believe this will rage back in fall/winter so we are stocking up while enjoying this break.

How about you?

Overwhelmed1

Busy, my area is highly populated and usually has many tourist. Memorial Day we start our next phase.
Theatre's, hair salons, department stores and I believe even gyms are approved to open. Of course, there will be limited numbers allowed at a time and closely monitored for staying within the regulations.
I'm not sure what I will participate in but I do need a haircut, oil change and my car cleaned.
I think at some point people need to step out safely and practice good hygiene and be courteous of others well being.
I pray we don't have another hard outbreak in the fall/winter. I currently work from home and I believe we are home permanently. That part I like. The only part.

God bless everyone and keep us safe.

Peace and Love

HMBgal

Still shut down pretty hard here in San Francisco Bay Area. I live in a beach town, so we are going to be inundated here, which means people from all over coming here looking for parking to go to the beach, even though all the beaches are just now opened, but all the parking lots are closed, but they come anyway and park in our neighborhoods. It's a mess. The highway will be so clogged that the four mile trip to the grocery store will take at least 30 minutes. It's going to be really warm and beautiful here for the next three days, but we'll be locked down even more than usual because of the tourists. And they have no place to go to the bathroom as all the public restrooms are closed. It's absolutely crazy. I've heard some stories about that particular issue.

BusynMember1

Hi. I am sorry you can't keep the tourists out. I think the whole country heard about the bathroom problem in SF! I feel really badly for you. Sounds bad there.

Sending all my prayers and all my love.

Copabanana

I've been out and about, shopping. I worry about myself, that I seem to have lost my fear. I'm better off afraid. Nothing, not one thing good, can be found away from my home, and immediate neighborhood. I have a peaceful place to walk, near a creek, that's good enough.

I've decided to only shop at Costco where masks are mandatory and they are taking extreme care. I sure hope that I adhere to this plan. And that I've gotten "cabin fever" out of my system. And Costco is open early for seniors on weekdays. I love Costco.

I live in California, where I believed the numbers were going down only to hear there is a real problem in Los Angeles and several neighboring counties. Personally, I believe we are still quite vulnerable. I am trying to stock up so that I am prepared for what I fear will be the next wave.

I'm a couple of hours from the Coast. What I would do to be at the beach, right now. Not. Memorial Day when we've been in quarantine for 10 weeks? A fool's errand, in my view.

Be safe and well, everybody. Sending love.

susiestar

Roll With It
We are largely closed here in OK. I know one neighboring city that opened up completely about 2 weeks ago. My stepMIL told me that nothing was closed in their city any longer. They were surprised to hear that we were still closed. We have one of the 2 state universities here in my town. Still most things seem closed, at least most of the restaurants. One BBQ place was open and they had to throw away dozens of pounds of meat because they cooked way more than they had customers show up for. That makes me sad. Esp because our homeless shelter could really have used that meat.

I was lucky enough to get my first haircut in ten years just before everything closed down. The guy who cut it was really good, so I still look most good unless I get into the car. Our AC is out in the car, so I end up with a big knotted mess after I drive for a while. But it is still mostly cool here, so the heat isn't so bad.

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
We never were hit very hard in our county. Only 300 cases which is very low.

We closed late and right now everything near me is open and has been since May 1 - not sure about bars - but we don't go to bars so no big deal. Restaurants are at 50% seating unless outdoors. We do not wear masks except at Costco where required.

We maintain social distancing but otherwise things are pretty normal here and I am very thankful.

I go back to work on Monday over the bay and am way more concerned about the riots than COVID right now, however I'm told all is calm in downtown Mobile.

I think we moved out of Illinois at the right time. Our friends and family are there and not at all happy with how things are being handled.

KTMom91

Almost everything has opened up, and we now have over 3,000 cases in the county. Our governor has required face masks if you're out in public, but there are die hards here in my little town who refuse to wear them, so we will see how well the ruling works here. Nail salons and tattoo parlors can open next Friday. We're still social distancing, but I haven't been anywhere except doctors' offices and the grocery store.

louise2350

I live in Massachusetts and we are obligated to wear masks which I think is a good thing. I do see most people wearing masks here. I was so afraid to go out grocery shopping in March when everything closed down but I feel better since we are required to wear masks. I went to the hairdressers and had my hair trimmed and felt very safe there and then had to go to the Dentist last week for a crown replacement and also felt safe there with no one in the waiting room.I had to call from the parking lot before going in. I never thought I'd feel so safe going to these places while the virus is still going on, but here in Massachusetts they are taking a lot of precautions. Now, though, I'm concerned about all of the public protests they are having if that will effect how this virus is going. Massachusetts numbers have gone down dramatically.

Worried Nana

I live in Massachusetts and we are obligated to wear masks which I think is a good thing. I do see most people wearing masks here. I was so afraid to go out grocery shopping in March when everything closed down but I feel better since we are required to wear masks. I went to the hairdressers and had my hair trimmed and felt very safe there and then had to go to the Dentist last week for a crown replacement and also felt safe there with no one in the waiting room.I had to call from the parking lot before going in. I never thought I'd feel so safe going to these places while the virus is still going on, but here in Massachusetts they are taking a lot of precautions. Now, though, I'm concerned about all of the public protests they are having if that will effect how this virus is going. Massachusetts numbers have gone down dramatically.
I’m from Massachusetts too. This virus sure is scary. My brother hasn’t been able to see his wife for three months because she is in a nursing home, suffering from MS.

BusynMember1

We have been too open. Most of our friends are over 60 and not happy. We don't like it.

Our entire family won't go anywhere that doesn't require employees wear masks. Many places don't. No restaurants for us either. We are fine not eating out, never did much. I love to cook. Husband barbecues well. Our house in large and comfortable and the kids come here often. Rick is still running the company. Amy is working again and we watch the grands twice a week.

We also are more East and COVID isn't bad here now. I worry about the protests and now the rally and younger people thinking COVID is not a big deal. But we have been acting safe.

Meanwhile we hear Kay is in Arizona where COVID cases are skyrocketing. She is a hypochondriac so maybe she is wearing a mask. But she is also often careless. I worry. Lee is plain stupid. He is probably hanging out with street people (shudder).

There is nothing to do but pray for both and feel grateful that Jaden is with Amy.

Blessings to all.

louise2350

I’m from Massachusetts too. This virus sure is scary. My brother hasn’t been able to see his wife for three months because she is in a nursing home, suffering from MS.
Yes, WN this is the right group to air your concerns about your grandchildren.

Nomad

Staff member
We have very new mandatory masks while in public order. It kind of bothered me. Although I understand it and even kind of agree with it. I guess I was starting to feel a lot if relief and this set me back a little psychologically or something.
But, things have certainly opened up and boy does this feel very good. Got hair done. Been to an outdoor cafe twice. We are baby sitting our grandkids again.
Been to a store that wasn’t for food only!
recently resumed my piano lessons (he wears a mask and sits far away with a pointer)
Hubby has more work very recently, which means I have some as well.
It’s not perfect, but with masks , extra sanitation...life moves forward and it feels very good.

pSI have some concern about folks not seeing their loved ones in nursing homes fir excessive periods of times. I think they should open that up in a limited way with much care and some limits. Like a once a week visit,temp taken, all PPEs. We know people suffering greatly.