Prison bail set at $100,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

lovemyson1

Woriedmom, you are breaking my heart. You must be strong for your 2 year old daughter. There is nothing you can do at this point. Your son has mad his choices and he has to live the consequences. I don't say this without knowing what you're going through. My son was arrested 8 days ago and I too, had to see him in orange shirt and pants, handcuffed and had to talk to him through glass on a phone. Never in my life did I think this would happen to me, to him, to our family. You can only give him love and encouragement to change his life when he gets out. Send him books to read that will help him to endure and to teach him to better himself. He will be ok. Believe it or not, people get used to prison, as sad as that is, they cope. I'm sorry for what you're going through, I truly am. Please keep us updated. ((hugs))

Lil

Worriedmom - Have been wondering about you. Hope you are holding up okay.

Woriedmom

Hello everyone, it.has.been heart wrenching but all my strength is coming from the Lord right now. I do have hope for my son. Now that he is behind bars he has time to see where he.went downhill. He's been raised in church and has been grasping hold of the.Lord, although other inmates are filling his mind with nonsense I can only pray my son makes good choices... not just when he gets out but while he is in there. He doesn't always get to the phones since.there's.over.3,000 guys.in there.with.him...but.we.are.writing letters and I've sent.him a.few.books to help him become a man on the right path. he lost.his.car, I decided not.to.get it out of the police impound when my husband started opposing the decision to get it out. I could've fought him on it but just let it go. we have a court date next month.... Lawyer wanted to do a lineup at the jail but it hasn't happened yet. My Son feels helpless and so do I and that's because everything at.this point is.just as you all said " it's.in the hands of the law " I will keep you all posted regarding the sentencing in this nightmare.

Lil

Glad you posted WM...I have been wondering how you were. Stay strong. We're all here for you. ((hugs)):grouphug:

DammitJanet

I was wondering about you too. Glad to hear you are still hanging in there.

Jail can be a tough place to be. Normally they dont have a whole lot of programs or things to do other than talk to each other, play cards or sleep. Im glad you are able to send him books. We only have one jail near me that allows that. My local one doesnt.

worriedMom

it seems like a nightmare that I can't wake up from. Forgive me for.being away.for.so long...and forgive the errors in punctuation I'm on my tiny cell. the site wouldn't allow.me to reset the.password I had forgotten so I had to create a new one. My sons bail has gone up to $600,000. Without me even knowing it. The prosecution has given him the " so called deal" of 5 to 10 years in the State Prison. I think his best bet to prevent this ridiculous sentence is to plead for mercy from the judge. My son is taking just as much heat as the other guy because they are Co -defendants. I know my son is not innocenet but he is extremely remorseful , I can see a sentence of no more than 2 years but the jail he is in right now is horrid!! And he is on the worst block. it is a shame that this crooked city has such a torturous place. anybody hear of the eastern statePennitery ? I feel so helpless.

worriedMom

The only good thing about this jail other than the nasty guards is that after a wait of 3-4 hours.... their visitation area is a open area where about 20 inmates are in a huge room waiting for their loved ones to visit them. it's sad, but I do get to hug him it's gotta be quick but at least they give me that. The jail is about 20 minutes from my house.... ;upstate is at least 5 hours :-( last Thursday my older daughter and I went to visit within. He looked a wreck. He did say he is so thankful for the commisary money because what they give the inmates is barely enough ,. When we were leaving the jail and walking down passed the block that faced outward we could hear. The.inmates banging on their cell walls... then looking over we could see a few of the guys stretching their faces to get a glimpse of the outside. with rattled noises of pounding walls it was horrifying, they were like caged animals. It's pretty bad in there though I fear in our State Prison he may get raped, so horrible. True he is bored but also has to watch his back. Now... he has not been sentenced but still has to put in his plea. I hope he's not listening to the inmates in there... they have been telling him " he can beat the case . I know my son is petrified but he needs to plead guilty and throw himself at the mercy of the judge. Can any of you with court experience tell me what the odds would be if he dared not tell the truth?

pasajes4

I can only offer gentle hugs. My son has been locked up for 8 months. He has lost a great deal of weight due to the nasty food. They are not allowed commissary. It does not help anyone for you to imagine the worst.

The judge will more than likely go along with the attorney's plea deal. I am so sorry that your son threw away his opportunities when he had them.

worriedMom

Hello PJ, I'm so sorry that your son is not allowed commissary, now I'm wondering if the state prison allows it.I will check online. I guess Iam thinking the worst. When you say he lost his opportunities when he had them... are you referring to life in General or what the D.a. Offered him-- with 6 kids testifying I don't see how he can think about " beating the case " the . I'm seeing him this morning pray I knock some sence in him. what would happen if he is found guilty after putting all these kids through a trial?

Wendy23

I do not know how it works were you live but in the small area I am from ...your plea deal is your best deal if you are indeed guilty. If you take it to trial and are found guilty ...the punishment is usually greater. I am sorry that you are going through this and wish you peace. Please try not to worry, we can not predict the future and things almost never turn out as we play them out in our head. We have to remember that our girlfriend's even in jail still have choices. They can spend that time as they wish. They can come out a better person and learn from their experiences if they so choose. I will continue to pray for both you and your son.

worriedMom

Thanks Wendy, Is there any chance.that if he.pleads guilty before the judge he would get More time than what.the.D.a is offering? Or less? I guess this would be a good question for his Attorney which my son has NOT been completely honest with.

GuideMe

I can't remember all six pages of information, so please forgive me if I can't remember everything, but I think it is now time for you to hire him a really good lawyer. I remember you asking if you should or not, and now I think you should because I agree with you that 5-10 years is very extreme. There is no amount of begging that will make a judge go against the prosecution. I know your husband is calling the shots, but on the issue of hiring a good lawyer (and this issue alone), I would choose my son over my husband any day.

BusynMember

GM...no. I disagree. Her marriage is VERY important and her son is facing prison and is not the person who will be with her in the long term and may straighten out and may never straighten out. Is this son going to take care of her if she gets sick or disabled? I seriously doubt it. Is her son going to be her companion? Give her the type of love we all need? Um, no. Her husband is more important than her son at this point, in my opinion. If her son was a ten year old, I'd agree with you. But not now. Not at this life stage.

In fact her husband has made more sense than her, in my opinion again. She can not save her son. Only he can save himself. I disagree with giving up all your savings to try to save an adult child who is acting criminal. That his HIS life, HIS walk to take and Mom can't rescue him. I think it's a bad idea to give up any relationship for this adult child. Not at this stage in their lives. It's time for both of you to move on and live your own separate lives. What he did was serious. If he gets out because he has a good lawyer that costs you a fortune, he will probably just do it again. Word: They all act remorseful once they are caught. It's the norm. They are more sorry they got caught than what they did. Has he apologized to his victim? GM, this adults offense was serious. It was not just getting caught with drugs. He in my opinion NEEDS to face consequences or he will not have any incentive to change. "Mom will pay to rescue me."

So we will agree to disagree...strongly :) Peace!!!

Last edited:

GuideMe

That's fine, you can disagree MWM.

I remember her asking everyone's advice on hiring a good lawyer issue, and now that we know prosecution is seeking FIVE to TEN years, my advice is she should hire a good lawyer for him. It was one thing when she thought (and I thought as well) that he would be facing 2 years at the most, but now that he is facing FIVE to TEN years, I believe that is extreme and unfair and in this case, I would do something to fight for my child, I don't care how much of a difficult child they can be. We all make mistakes, no one is perfect, and he is still young as well. I don't care what anyone says, I do not believe he deserves 5-10 years in prison for this and everyone can feel free to disagree with me on it, it's ok. I do agree with a lot of your advice MWM, you know that I do, but I am not as hard core as you are, lol. I think Worried Mom should make her own decision regarding her son and not leaving 100% control to her husband who is not her sons biological father to begin with. Sorry, no man who is not my child's father, will tell me that I can not do anything about my child for facing 5-10 years in prison, which is a over-kill in punishment, no way.

pasajes4

My son is in a juvenile prison. In my state, by the time they reach this level in the legal system, the consequences are fairly severe. They have educational, vocational, and the right to practice their religion. The rest is up to him.

Your son had the same chance as every other young person to live a law abiding drug free life. Like mine, yours chose not to do so. Mine is having to live with his choices. I love him and I truly hope he comes out of this wanting a different
way of life. Neither of these kids has any excuse for how things turned out.

Spending big bucks for an attorney is your decision. Some parents do it to assuage their own guilt.

GuideMe

And just a continuation off of what I said, if husband gets mad that she is hiring a lawyer for her son, than that's on him. I'm not saying her sons situation should stop her life and let this consume her or end her marriage. If hiring a good lawyer ends makes her husband leave her, then what kind of love did her husband have for her in the first place? I hardly think he will end he marriage because she hired a good lawyer, and if he does, good riddance. I'm just saying if she hires him a good lawyer, that's all she needs to do. That's the whole point of a lawyer, they do all the hard work. Everything else is on difficult child shoulders and he should be informed that this will be the last time she will help him. But everyone deserves one chance for help from their parents if they get into a legal situation, if parents are finical able to do so and depending on the situation.

Last edited:

pasajes4

The fact that the bond was raised to 600,000 pretty much says 5 to 10 might be a good thing. In his case, he should be eligible for parole in about two years. If he keeps his nose clean, he should be able to make parole.

GuideMe

I wouldn't be suggesting any of this if the kid was only facing 2-5 years in prison. However, 5-10 years is a whole different ball game. Yes, yes, I would fight for my child as much as I could without letting interfere with my own life. That's just me though and going off of what WM told me.

Status
Not open for further replies.