UPDATE on STAR

HaoZi

CD Hall of Fame
OMW WTF kind of hospital is this where they pull him through elevators then talk to him like that?! Just... WTF! I don't know how you hold it together and don't bust heads, honey, really I don't.

Praying for your husband dearie!

DammitJanet

Does he have a medicare advantage plan or supplemental plan? If not, call DSS tomorrow and apply for medicaid because he will be approved based on the kidney disease. I also believe there is a service that I saw on TV out of SC for an ambulance service to take people to things like dialysis, but its not a 911 type service. I will have to watch for the name again. They use the same type vehicle but its not emergency. Now medications he should have his part D. If he is already in the donut hole then get the doctors to contact the manufacturers immediately and they will ship him the medications. I had a patient rep tell me that they have programs for seniors and people on disability who end up in the donut hole.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Still praying, holding good thoughts.

Contact the National Kidney Foundation. I'm sure they can help in more than one way, even if it's directing you to help in your area. It's what they're there for.

There was no way in hell we could afford one of Fred's medications, not at more than 500.00 per month.........actually most were that way until I put my foot down and told them they HAD to find alternatives. They did for all but this one medication. easy child figured out a way for us to do it as it was 2 medications combined........so he took them as 2 different medications of which both were on the 4.00 list at wallie world. Made it a bit tricky to give it to him, but I got used to it in about 2 days. So don't forget to talk with the pharmacist who might be able to work to find alternatives as well.

Hugs

witzend

Just got back from a long birthday weekend. We drove through Columbia and thought of Star and her DF. Long story short, I accidentally set my GPS to "Shortest Route" from "Quickest Route" and saw a WHOLE LOT of South Carolina. It only added two hours to our 8 hour drive. I didn't figure she'd want our company at that point. Anyhoo...

Here's a link to the Kidney Foundation in her area. I hope that she or their social worker will contact them. The SW sounds like a real loser...

http://www.kidney.org/about/local_info.cfm?search=state&state=SC

Star*

call 911........call 911
Thanks everyone........and Witz? I would have LOVED......to have met you for anything. ANYTHING.....cuppa this, piece of that. I'm so sorry I missed you. Maybe some day. Will check out the kidney foundation. For now? Dr Prince Charming has actually said that Medicare (which should be Medidumb) will actually PAY for him to STAY in the hospital and get his treatments.....but will NOT pay for him to GO home and get his treatments. So for now? Doctor made orders for him to stay.......which he said to Medicare could be another 8 weeks. Coincidence? I think not. Medicare is going to need a diaper for that order when they get it. He also stated that he will find a way for DF to get his medications at home. He has his staff working on it. What an incredible man. Oddly enough the first night I met him? I called him Prince CHarming. He's from Indian lineage. But what a lovely soul.

And I sit here laughing......because I get that news.....and find out DF is NOT being discharged to come home and croak......and for () long I get a bit of a reprieve, my Mom is doing okay from her major surgery, and the text screen lights up and it's Dude.......he's not saying much, but he's suicidal, for real......and going to check himself into rehab. This didn't seem to me like the usualy Dude game of I hate life, I hope I don't wake up in the morning....it's what I hope for. Don't ask why I need rehab....my life just hasn't been anything like I thought it would be and I can't ever get happy.....ever and the mother of my child hates me = not like for a minute - she really hates my guts. I have nothing to live for. So before I do something where I don't wake up in the morning again? I think I'd better get to rehab.....if you don't talk to me for a month or two? Don't freak. Love Dude. ..........

Yup.......between DF, that ridiculous hospital and it's staff..........Dude, my Mom, the stress of work......and watching two 11 and 13 year old dogs every twitch and twinge???? Plus having someone lurking around the property again because they know DF is gone? hahahahahahahah cart me off man..........(take the song spoon man......and insert the words cartman.......cart man cart man.......cart man.......cart.......mannnnnn.) It's a wonder I don't drink. OHHHHH and I almost forgot to tell you......we wear these headsets at work right. And I LOVE Gospel music. No big deal. Have listened to it for years. But not at work. ABout the time all this stress started. I started hearing gospel music in my head set. Okay so I tell them at work.....and they look at me and say "Well Star....that's your blessing." ....um noooo I hear it. It's faint....but I hear it. HONEST. I get looks I see people turn around in their chairs and make the koo koo sign, the crasy twisty finger sign. WELL........I'm not nuts. FINALLY I hear Whitney Houston singing the gospel rendition of I want to dance with somebody......I'm thinking - OKAY I didn't THINK that was made into a gospel song.....but I know Whitney's voice and I grabbed my supervisor and I said....FOR THREE weeks......I've heard songs I don't know faintly and some that I kinda know.....and some that I do know ......(some I actually like) and now I hear WHITNEY......sit and listen.....so she does and LOW and BEHOLD......SHE HEARS IT.....and makes the other girls in my corner LISTEN.....and THEY hear it. HA!!! HA HA!! I'm not nuts. (well that's debatable) but I do hear it. Okay so I had to go to the directors office and in her office on the lowest setting she has a tiny......boom box with ........GOSPEL music. AND I said...ITS YOU.....YOUR playing it. Come to find out.....I am not saying I can hear through walls......But my head set is picking up her music through two walls and a hall. and now I think I'm going to go applyfor a secret squirrel job with the FBI. I bet now they write about me behind my back on paper.....

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm so glad doctor found a way for DF to keep getting his treatments. Yay doctor! I'm sure he'll do just as well with the medications.

husband's cardio did a good job it wasn't his fault we ran into a snag. Fred was supposed to stay at the hospital long enough to pick up his free medications from the pharmacy......and decided at the last minute he didn't want to wait. Otherwise he'd have had enough to hold him until all the programs they set him up with would've kicked into play. So instead we did a little dance with the pharmacist. ugh I didn't realize it until recently but they'd also did the application for disability for him too........although I'm not sure that would've applied since he was already drawing part of his SS. I found this while cleaning not long ago.

I'll be praying for Dude that this is his pivotal moment and he will come through it with his feet firmly planted on the right path.

As for the music..........that made my eyes pop. Why? Because for the past week I've been hearing gospel in the oddest places.......real low, so low it just gets your attention but you can't tell where it's coming from. I don't listen to gospel. I have only 1 neighbor close now and they're rarely home. Travis doesn't listen to gospel. I suspected it was the semi religious young couple across the street.....uh, no. They're never home either. No clue where it's coming from. Just happens at random times day and middle of the night. I suppose someone must think I need to hear it. I think that is the case with your super hearing.........even if you finally did get someone else to hear it too. lol (maybe my cheese is just sliding off my cracker)

Although I'm laughing because I'm sure they had you as best labeled "stressed out to the max" and "loony tunes" at worst......until they heard it too. :rofl:

You and DF are in my thoughts and my prayers my friend.

(((hugs)))

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Oh thank god I wasn't drinking coffee when I got to the part about gospel music in your head. I thought you were going to tell me it was coming from a silver tooth filling or something! Too funny! Even amidst all you have going on, your bright light shines through and manages to find humor in something, I love that about you! You truly are a bright shiny Star!

As to the other update...glad they are keeping DF so he gets the care he needs. I will pray his lengthy stay doesn't catch him anything else. by the way, what are they going to do about replacing all the hardware in his back?

Glad your mom is doing okay as well, what a relief for you that you don't have to rush over to be by her side right now.

Dude, wow, I'm sorry to hear this news, but so very happy that he is on it and advocating for himself and hopefully he will be able to move onto a better place and be happy.

Hugs and more prayers! Take care of you!!

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Thanks for the update Star. I'm glad you still have your incredible sense of humor. Even in the midst of so much stress, you are a bright and beautiful light, your name fits you. You're in my thoughts and prayers, always.............

tiredmommy

I'm really glad that Dude has the common sense and consideration to let you know what was going on and that he was seeking help. Seems like a big step to me.

I think you should let the police know that someone is skulking around... I doubt they'd take kindly to one of their dispatchers being under threat.

And for DF, does he call him Dr Prince Charming too? Because it sounds like he may have DF's glass slipper.

Tiapet

Old Hand
:) Glad I caught this post today! No wonder no reply to text after my other good news for you. I'm so happy that the medication issue and transportation has been fixed, though I'm sure you're not so happy that 8 more weeks of DF being in the hospital is what you wanted for it to be soo. I guess you might consider it a small break from DF for a while whether you wanted it or not. After that time it may bring a new meaning to your relationship and focus? I know the furkids are the ones who are suffering too with no one being around sadly. But I also know that when Momma comes home she is greeted with sooooo much love it isn't funny and Momma loves getting it all and gives it right back!

I'm sorry that mr stalker of the house wants to play games. I suspect he will be greeted by some pretty hungry furkids for his hide should he dare try anything?!! :) I'm still worried for you. At least I now know that by tomorrow night you will have a GOOD phone! ;)

HaoZi

CD Hall of Fame
Glad you were able to post this update and you've been able to work. Bless your Prince Charming doctor for being able to keep husband in there and keep treatment properly going, too! Glad Dude is getting help, hope it works for him.

Will continue to keep you and fam in our prayers hon!

TerryJ2

Star, I LOVE that doctor! Wow. You're right, the Medicaid people will explode when they see that order. It will surely make them rethink their tactics.
I'm so glad about your DF and your mom.
And so sorry about Dude. But rehab sounds like a good idea. Can you be certain he went? That's scary.
Too funny about the headset! Leave it to you to come up with something funny in the midst of all this! Way To Go.

Star,

I was drinking coffee when I read about that gospel music, lol... Luckily none of it is on my keypad. You are an incredible person! Always seeing the humor in everything, making us laugh even in the most miserable moments - I agree with the others, you are a bright light, a shining star, and we're blessed to have you in our "family!"

I'm relieved that your DF is going to get the treatment he needs even if Medicaid is going to blow a gasket. Our health system is so messed up - the understatement of the morning!! I'm also glad to hear your mother is doing OK.

So very sorry to hear about Dude, but I believe he is super strong, brave, and determined to help himself. Otherwise, he wouldn't be turning himself into rehab. Praying as hard as I can that this is the time he is finally going to turn his life around...

As always, keeping you and your family close in my thoughts and prayers... Many hugs... SFR

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Starbie, I love the mental image I got of Dr. Charming and Medicaid in a "didie" (blame Jett for that one, I never heard them called that till him). And the gospel music - WOW. SOOO cool.

I'm still praying and pretzeling. And wishing karma down on the nasty SW. Grrrrrrrrmmmmph!!!

LOVE YOU!!!