You know what I hate?

Abbey

Spork Queen
Hiding something and then can't remember where you hid it.:mad::mad:

I have a flash drive that I've been saving important papers, etc., that I don't want H to find so I hid it. I've spent the last week searching for it. I must have found a REALLY good spot. The thing is so darn tiny it could be anywhere. Argh.

Abbey

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Yeah, I hate when I do that, too. I have a small box with heirloom jewelry in it that a squirreled away somewhere... couldn't find it when we evacuated for the wildfire and STILL haven't found it :(

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
The story of my life.

I borrowed a book from an old friend at school. Put it up after I was done reading it to make sure it got back to her. Tried to get it to her several times last quarter. Kept missing each other. So during break I put it in a "safe" spot so nothing would happen to it.

Yup. Safe. I can't find the darn thing to save my life. That's one of my major tasks for the weekend.

Star*

call 911........call 911
OH YEAH? YOU THINK THAT'S BAD???????

AT least you can REMEMBER you hid something. I'm sure I've hidden dozens of things but I can't remember.

:tongue:

wakeupcall

lol......that very thing bugs me to death! Whether it's something important or not I can stay awake all night trying to think of where I put something.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Okay, I paid my dues for this club membership....... last November I was ordering a christmas gift, when I noticed they had ice scrapers with a glove over them to protect your hand from freezing while clearing off a windshield. Now it was a pretty good deal so I ordered two, thinking I could give as small gifts.... I put them away thinking wait until Dec. and then totally forgot about them....... yesterday I had to park outside and the snow/ice came and as I'm trying to clear off the windshield of my car with a broom I'm thinking hey, sure would be nice to have a scraper, then I remembered hey, I have two, but WHERE THE HECK ARE THEY? I know I never gave them away, because I didn't wrap them up......... well about next Aug. in the 80 degree heat they may show up...........

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Please mail me my membership card.

Years ago I hid a mini cassette player and mic. Rob's therapist suggested taping his belligerence so he could hear it later.

So I did.

And then I couldn't find it.

Eventually I gave up looking.

Six months later at dinner I mentioned that I needed to take some notes and wished I had a tape recorder. Rob piped up, "Mom, there's one on the back of the shelf of the hutch in the dining room."

:rofl:

Suz

M

ML

OMG I do this all the time! I can put keys down and 5 minutes later can't find them.

house of cards

I could let you borrow Major for a few days...he knows everything we have in the house because he snoops..and I can't even catch him snooping. He is very good.

cadydid

Me forgetting where I put things is what my kids call cheap entertainment in this house. They literally will sit and watch me look for something (usually my car keys lol) and laugh their little butts off. I just keep telling them wait.. you are my children and what happens to me will happen to you so HA lol.

husband says I would lose my head if it wasn't attached. And to think I bake cookies for this man lol

trinityroyal

Please send my membership card as well.

Right now, I'm sitting at my desk looking at 4 staplers, 3 3-hold punches and assorted pair of scissors. Put one away somewhere safe "where the kids won't find it", and then I can't find it either, and then I buy a new one in desperation.

Then, as I'm unwrapping the new one, the old one turns up.

Sigh...

Abbey

Spork Queen
Trinity...too funny. I always remember my mom saying, 'WHERE ARE MY SCISSORS???" And with my dad it was the infamous nail file. (He always dropped it on the floor under the shrine of his Lazy Boy.)

If it's any comfort, I have three very nice rolls of Scotch tape and two staplers looking at me right now. Now, I can't find my flash drive or the DVD I've been working on, but I have enough tape to keep my mouth shut. (I think H added the staplers to make sure the tape kept on.):tongue:

Abbey

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
OMG, that's too funny!
I do that all the time with-difficult child.

Terry,
Have you found him?

I lost this post for awhile.:hammer:

I do that with little gifts I buy for the girls. I will get them things for when they are really good or when they lose a tooth etc.
I hide them somewhere like behind husband's clothes in the closet or in a drawer inside a sock or something really smart like that!
I will find them like 6 months to a year later...

M

ML

Is it bad that I often have to really think about what my phone number is? I was with my son's friend's mom who is 10 years younger then me and when I struggled with spitting it out to the rec center guy she seemed genuinely surprised. I thought, she'll get it in a few years, I didn't even try to explain.

Last edited:

Abbey

Spork Queen
ML...phone numbers drive me crazy. We have six. Long story, but most of them are for the business. I ALWAYS use the same one but H uses one of the others for various things. So when I go to do some type of thing they always want to know the phone number. Well...let's start at the first one, then then next, ect. I'm sure the person at the other end of the phone is just shaking their head.

Abbey

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
amen somewhere in this house is difficult child II"s 20 Uncle Sam beard and stach, the night before halloween I was gutting a pillow and shedding a washclothe to make one, because the store bought one was hidden so he wouldn't wear it before hand, who knows where it is.....