Casey Anthony Bombshell!

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Do "The decomposition process does not begin for two days or so depending upon the heat conditions etc.."

So last night I kept wondering where did the three yard hits come from?
DDD

Hmmm....

The decomposition process begins within hours. That's why organs have to be transplanted within hours - the bacteria present inside our bodies goes to work on the tissue very quickly.

Depending on "exposure" - there can be some time before bodily materials would be broken down enough to leave evidence. Exposure can include the elements as well as foraging animals and birds. Three hits means that decomposed material 'landed' several places....whether due to being comsumed by animals..."tracked" after being stepped in....or even spread around after a heavy rain.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
I thought it plausable she drowned, but remember George saying Cayley and Casey left that day on the 15th - the day she spent with Tony without Caylee - I think she drugged that little girl, put her in the trunk and put the duct tape over her face in case she woke up - would be interested in knowing from her boyfriend if she at any time left the apt to go to the car. I know she borrowed a shovel from a neighbor -cant remember day-when her parents were not home -maybe because her dad's shed was locked-and buried that little girl there - then moved her.

I didn't know about the burried Ferrett with a heart sticker - that is just sooo way out there since her daugter had a heart sticker as well

Marcie

susiestar

Roll With It
By the time two days had passed, there would be evidence of insect activity, possibly maggots even. Given the heat in Florida in June, no way would it have taken two days to leave evidence - it would smell by then. I remember my gpa leaving some meat in the garage after a trip to the grocery. It fell out of a bag when he was bringing it in and managed to be slightly under the car. This was late in the afternoon and at lunch the next day it was smelly and had maggots because the plastic wrap had broken open. It took several days to air out the garage and car. So I do NOT believe that it toook 2 days to leave evidence unless she was in some kind of duffle bag, tote bag or trash bag. What a great way to show your love for your child - stick her body in a bag and leave it in the backyard to hide it.

DDD

I don't remember who the expert was but he was on Nancy Grace (ugh, yes I watched her show) and his response seemed to surprise Nancy. It surely made me think. Evidently they raked the area and decided that no burial had taken place on the property. Nancy, being Nancy, did not do any follow up questions after he shot down the "no hit on the pool" statement.

It's kind of stupid of me to state as "facts" what I hear from so called experts on Dr. Drew or Nancy obviously the whole story may never come out. on the other hand I do find myself fascinated by the trial. DDD

klmno

I find it interesting that the lie about the nanny- Casey tried to say she couldn't tell anyone because Zanny had threatened her and said all this was happening because Casey was a bad mother, and now the defense is that her father told her to hide the body and never let anyone know what happened because "her mother would never forgive her" for being a bad mother. A little similar to me. Either way, she's trying to say she hid the truth because she was being accused of being bad. difficult child thinking for sure.

As far as the time it takes for the body to start decomposing- it appears that it starts decomposing right away but it takes 1-2 days before it has gone far enough for a dog to hit on it.

I am wondering if the fabric left on the skull from the duct tape was actually found over the nose area, too, or just the mouth, jaws, and back of head. I see the shape of it, but is there real evidence that it covered the nose as well as the mouth and not (perhaps) the mouth and the jaw?

Not that I'm heartless- it greatly disturbs me that this little girl is gone and someone could have any part in it- especially the mother and if she didn't do more than tape her and throw her away like trash (which I don't believe that's all she did), she's still a very warped person.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
I was wondering today listening to her brother relay the conversation with her on the Nanny holding her down in the park, saying that she was taking Caylee because Casey wasn't a good mother ....has anyone ever brought up that she may have multiple personalities?

I don't know why that popped immediately into my head when I heard it -just the way she related that conversation. Could explain the total disconnect (a little)

Marcie

klmno

I don't know but that's a good point.

The defense theory that the duct tape was placed to keep in bodily fluids discharged after death was blown away to me by Susie's point about it not being placed over ALL orifices. I really hope the prosecutor points that out.

Seriously, I can see this headed to an appeal on grounds of an inadequate defense. I can't see any reason in the world that they either didn't go for an insanity plea or admitting negligence and involuntary manslaughter (she chloroformed her but didn't cover her mouth with duct tape and didn't mean for her to die) and using everything else to prevent the death penalty.

Another thing I'm wondering, are her family members still visiting her, bringing her clothes to war in court, talking by phone, etc?

And just a side note- there appeared to be a pregnant lady in the court today- I cannot imagine being pregnant and sitting thru that today. I don't think that's a good idea.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
I believe I heard that her attorney is providing the clothes - and from last I heard, she refused the visits from her parents - didn't hear anything about her brother trying to see her

Marcie

klmno

PS If the defense knows she did it, knows there's evidence that it was intentional, knows that they can't get a psychiatrist to diagnosis her with anything serious (real serious) and that's why they are taking this approach, then she is sunk. Surely they would have had her evaluation'd by at least 2 psychiatrists/psychs.

H

HaoZi

As far as the time it takes for the body to start decomposing- it appears that it starts decomposing right away but it takes 1-2 days before it has gone far enough for a dog to hit on it.
That's closer to it. They're trained to hit on specific gases and chemicals given off that occur during decomp. These are chemicals that also leave markers in the soil; the longer the body has been there the more apparent the change.

I can't see any reason in the world that they either didn't go for an insanity plea

She doesn't qualify for it by any stretch of the imagination, and Florida rarely rules in favor of insanity.

donna723

From what I understand, the duct tape covered her mouth and her nose which means that she deliberately killed her! And I do believe that she had been using the chloroform to keep her quiet while she partied and had been doing it for some time, but the duct tape was different. If she had just done it to keep her quiet that last time, she wouldn't have put it over her nose too. And the way I understood it, part of the duct tape had been wrapped all the way around her head and had been stuck to her hair! If she was only trying to keep her quiet temporarily, she would have never done that. Can you imagine trying to get a big piece of duct tape out of a childs hair? This was meant to be permanent!

Last edited:

klmno

I don't want to get overly graphic, but to me this is the final proof to me- while I realize the prosecution is saying that the nose and mouth were covered and the duct tape was wrapped in a manner to be able to cover both, is there proof that it actually was placed over the nose and mouth both? The part about it being wrapped three times and pressed on her hair, hard, could also be interpretted as Casey making sure that if Caylee woke up she couldn't cry loudly and unwrap the duct tape herself (meaning she was just trying to keep her quiet). Child cruelty- yes! But it doesn't prove murder that warrants a death penalty IAW the law- to me yes, the law, no. If there's evidence (fabric from the duct tape on the nose structure or the shape of the duct tape fit perfectly over nose and mouth but not mouth and chin, for instance) then it easily removes any little doubt I have left that this was pre-meditated murder. I might still get there without that evidence, if I was a juror, but this would cinch it for me if that evidence was there.

on the other hand, if as a juror my only two choices are Casey intentionally killed her daughter or she accidentally drowned in the pool....well.....I never believed that but the lies alone would have me leaning toward the prosecution.

The little girl was a doll- every time I see pics it makes me want to grab her up and play and feed her and take her to the park and watch her giggle. What a shame.

DammitJanet

I have to say that I am glad I was out of the house today and didnt hear most of this testimony first hand and I am very glad they pixalated the pictures because I dont think I could take seeing a dead little girl when I am losing Keyana right now. I tell you, they keep talking about how Casey was "sick" and crying over the testimony...I would have been in a psychiatric hospital.

She's only sick because she knows they'll find her guilty after seeing this. She's only upset about her own fate. Do George and Cindy think she's guilty of anything? I wonder if they are still standing by her. Are they just acting a certain way, pre-planned by their lawyers? They just never seemed mad at her, even in the jailhouse videos. Come on, anyone in their right mind would be furious.

I guess we'll have to wait until this is all over. I'm sure they'll have books and movies and interviews all about everything.

klmno

Well, again just relating only as I am able to given my difficult child- who so far (TG!) hasn't killed anyone, I think that George and Cindy know she did it. They may be struggling with the question of whether or not she did it on puirpose but my guess is that their bigger struggle is getting thru each day and resolving their own mixed emotions. They don't condone or ignore what has happened, but they still love their daughter, and they are struggling with what they mmight have done differently while trying to protect themselves from all the people wanting to kill everyone in the family. That would be what I would be going thru anyway. I think they are just managing to survive by going to court and doing their best to tell the truth each day. I tend to think George knew Casey had killed her when he was going thru his suicidal tendencies. But again, I am probably just projecting what I think I would be going thru.

donna723

I think George and Cindy have been very stone faced in the court room because the judge had already warned everyone that he wouldn't stand for any outbursts or any big shows of emotion. They weren't in the court room today when they were showing the graphic pictures.

And the way I understood it was that the the duct tape was still in place when they found her remains so they KNOW it was covering her nose too. That's why so much of her hair was still in place after all that time, because it was stuck in the duct tape. And maybe Casey got so upset in court today because it's finally dawning on her that she will not be able to lie her way out of it like she thought she would! After everything that's happened, it's hard to tell if she was crying for her little girl or for herself.

I wasn't going to watch any of this, then I watched it once, and now I can't stop watching it! It's like watching a train wreck!

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I actually saw this little bit of testimony today, it's all I've seen of the trial. The tape was still on her and wrapped around her head and is why the mandible hadn't fallen off...he said it's rare for a body to decompose to that degree and still have the jaw...but the tape held it there.

H

HaoZi

Started looking at Casey's old photos. Is it just me or does her smile look fake in most of the photos? Even the the party photos there's often that fake-y smile.