Circle of Support, Thoughts of Strength and Comfort for Child of Mine

Scent of Cedar *

These are going to be the hardest days, the days when difficult child will either let go or redouble his efforts.

He is bright and capable, Child of Mine. He is a grown up man. There are men his age fighting in other countries right this minute, and they are not planning to whine and pound on mom's front door when they are discharged and have nowhere to go.

Your son needs to learn these lessons, Child. If he is ever going to be self-sufficient, he needs to grow up, to be the man he left behind to turn himself someone who pounds on his mother's door at three in the morning.

Cedar

Childofmine

one day at a time
More later, friends, but thank you for all of your continuing posts and good thoughts.

I am doing well today.

I am not brave. I am acting, finally, on what I have learned the very hard way. I am finally ready to say I am done. I wish I had been able to do this before now, but I could not.

More later, off to work! Thank you all so much.

Scent of Cedar *

I was just thinking: The next message for your son. It would be right to say that you created this crisis intentionally, to turn him into the man he should always have been. Maybe, that you have every faith in him, and that you will see him on the other side.

Native American people did that with their young men, did they not? The young boy was sent into the wilderness without food or weapons. He could not come back until he'd had the vision that taught him who he was. I don't know what they did with those boys who chickened out and ran home to mommy. Something tells me it was nothing good.

There is strength in that imagery.

Cedar