Thank God I have found you.

Overwhelmed1

If ever there were a truism, this is one.

ChaseJazz your quote is spot on. Why I let this continue is ridiculous. I need to put a stop to it. So hopefully I can follow through with the plans I have set to put it all to an end. Baby steps but I think where my kids are concerned I need to take a big leap and say enough already....
Thank you for being blunt and true sometimes that is exactly what is needed.
Peace and Love

AppleCori

Hi skittles!

I'm so glad you added your story to this thread. Your experience and insights are very valuable.

I’m saddened to hear that your ex-daughter in law is about to be evicted, but glad you are letting her experience the natural consequences of her choices.
To think that she would ask you for money to house that grown man who lives with her that hates and abuses you! If he can’t keep a roof over his own head, he has no business living with a woman with five kids.

AppleCori

Hi Over,

I’m glad to hear that you are ready to take control over your life back from your adult kids!

One thing I must say—if your grandkids are witnessing the verbal and physical(!) abuse of you by their mother, that is child abuse! It’s also very likely that she does the same things to them that she does to you. Your help only enables this abuse to continue. It may be better that the authorities get involved. Skittles is right—you can’t let them think that what their mother does is normal or acceptable behavior. You don’t want them to imitate this in their adult lives.

As to your son—he has been abusive verbally, and he had destroyed your property. I have a really tough question—are you scared that he will hurt you physically if you stop subscribing to cable/internet, talk to him about getting a job, or do anything to upset him? Really think about this, because a plan needs to be made if this is the case.

If you care to, let us know what your plans are.

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
I agree with Applecori!

Do you have a spouse or significant other or any friends that you can talk to and that are aware of your situation?

How old is your son? Is there a way you can put a plan in place for him to move out on his own so he knows he needs to be responsible for himself?

Overwhelmed1

Hi ladies, hope you have had a good day.
I really don't have anyone to help.
I am afraid of all of it. My daughter and son. I guess that is why I hesitate on taking a stand.
The police, CPS, Dr.s have all been involved over the years but I never get anywhere. It always comes back on me. A big slap in the face.
I will figure it out. This weekend may be rough but I gotta do what I gotta do.
Thanks for listening....
Peace and Love