When will he be a responsible adult???

JayPee

Sending good vibes...
Okie,

I posted on probably the wrong forum yesterday but I have the same thoughts, concerns and worries as you. I'm not blocking my son who lives in his car and has been homeless off and on for three years but I sometimes feel it's worst. He's not being mean or difficult but he never did anything to help his situation due to his own PTSD and ADHD like getting a job, functioning in society etc. Right now he's living off $200 he got back from holding down a job for something like 7 weeks in 2019. That's his everything $. I've tried to tell him to go into a shelter but he refuses and said no one's going to force him.

It pains me so much but because of his instability and past behavior towards me and ex-husband when he doesn't get his way, I cannot have him live with me. I feel so horrible because I can't even suggest he get a job etc., because with everything as it is right now he'd likely not find a job.

I'm sure he thinks I'm a horrible mother, with the world feeling like it's coming to an end and I won't let him live with me.

So torn and hurting over this.

The best thing we can do is pray for them and us.

Sending good thoughts to you.

okie girl

Thank you for your encouragement. I feel so guilty and confused but feel if I don't block him, he will continue to want me to "help him". I love him so much and worry about the Coronavirus. If anyone has any thoughts please share

Triedntrue

It is amazing what they can find if they have to. You can call 211 and they will give you a list of services in his area. It is a national number so should work everywhere. At the least it might ease your mind to know what is out there .

okie girl

It is amazing what they can find if they have to. You can call 211 and they will give you a list of services in his area. It is a national number so should work everywhere. At the least it might ease your mind to know what is out there .
This is an excellent suggestion! I appreciate all of you so much!