Amusing conversation

skittles

I’m glad you weren’t guilted into providing your ex-daughter in law with housing/money for housing/co-signing for housing!

Shouldn’t the children’s lawyer go to the judge about her not allowing the kids to go to their visitation? She shouldn’t be able to just get away with withholding them.

Glad you are holding up okay. Take care of yourself.

Apple
Yes everything has to go through the courts and its a very time consuming process. Now of course due to this new virus, we were informed that court the end of this month has been moved to June, CAS has cancelled the volunteer drivers so Im not sure when we will next see the children. Apparently the landlord has told her that she is getting the sherrif to evict her this week. Not sure if the the authorities will do so though as again due to the virus I think they have other priorities right now. Im worried about one of the grands particularly that has nephrotic syndrome (a type of kidney disease), so again just waiting to see how this all plays out. she may have a bit of reprieve over the housing issue because of the virus, perhaps that will give her time to find somewhere to move.

skittles

Hello all,
i’ve been away for a while due to the Covid it’s put a pause on a lot of things least of all my ex daughter-in-law‘s eviction. Unfortunately all the children’s aid drivers who are volunteers are also on pause so my son hasnt seen the kids since February. My exdils new boyfriend grabbed my-8 year-old granddaughter by the arm left finger bruises and a big scratch, He apparently threatened to shoot my exdaughter-in-law as well and he wrote a fraudulent check for $1300 on her account. anyhow she finally charged him and we had to go down to the police station and have my granddaughters arm photographed. he’s not allowed to come around but I know she’s talking to him on the phone again. her baby by him is due July 18 and even though all the courts are on pause and evictions are on pause due to the Covid she does have an eviction notice for July 31. she’s looked at several places but her credit is so bad and she hasn’t paid rent to this current landlord since February that she can’t find a place. (actually asked me to be a guarantor today ha haha, not happening) I’ve discussed with her parents if they’ve considered what’s going to happen with the children if she ends up homeless. could we maybe split the kids up between us and my son maybe 2 each(5 kids plus number 6 due next month)her mom said there’s just no way they could take any of them . My wonderful husband said we could take two of them but honestly that would just open the door to all If her mom won’t take any and how would we choose which two? So maybe my son would finally get his children or it would be foster care. this has been such a long time coming I thought everything was coming to a head in February and then the Covid hit and everything got put on pause. we’ll see how the summer plays out. My heart hurts for the kids, They are feeling very stressed and a bit afraid. The two oldest hear enough of us talking to know their future is uncertain.

AppleCori

Nice to see you back, skittles!

Geez, what will it take to get this guy back into custody? Child abuse, fraud, threatening to murder a pregnant woman, on top of his previous charges of receiving stolen property, robbery, etc. I’m shocked that he is still running around free. No wonder your ex-daughter in law is afraid of him! It doesn’t sound like the court system is very effective.
At least he is barred from coming to their house.

I hope that he is leaving you alone.

Maybe the courts will give your son temporary custody, at least of the older three if the mom can’t provide for them adequately, though she should have quite a bit of money saved from not paying rent for the majority of the year. Is your son working and stable right now? Are things going well enough at his house that he could take care of them?

Are things better between you and ex-daughter in law now that the boyfriend is gone?

Have you seen the kids?

How are things going otherwise?

skittles

Thanks Applecori
Since the boyfriend is gone yes I’ve seen quite a bit of the kids this last couple of weeks because she is panicking trying to find a place to live. Ive taken her to see a few but her rental history is so bad and she wont lower her expectations. I also know this guy will likely talk his way back. My Son has not been working consistently, of course no one seems to be right now with the Covid. but honestly he’s not overly ambitious, he would be quite happy to sit home on welfare getting the child benefits looking after all the kids. At this rate he may get that. there is a countdown eventually she’s going to be out of that place and it’s not looking very promising with either the house hunt or with this guy in and out of her life. Today she told me the letter carrier said there was one of the covid assisstance cheques That came to her house for some guy named Robert and that the lettercarrier saw her ex-boyfriend yesterday going to the mailbox and take the cheque. So it must be one of his friends using her address and her ex-boyfriend is watching for the mail person and grabbing the check before she sees it. He was in jail after threatening her and hurting my gd but they let him out next morning. So hes lurking in the area. so right now her mom and I have been hoping to pack the house because I think everything’s going to end up going into storage. I suspect the children will be going to foster care or to my son and I don’t know where she will go. If she loses the children then she loses her income and wont be able to get housing to get them back. its a viscous circle, God i just hurt for these kids so much😓

skittles

Hi Again Applecori
Just relized how utterly dejected i sound, actually im holding up pretty well thankyou fir asking. As i said i hurt terribly for the kids but i know its really out of my hands so other than feeling that sadness for them Im comfortable in my stance of non interference. I can help by taking her to house viewings and packing the house but i cant stop whats happening. I ciukd rescue her if i cosigned a lease I know but I would never do it. Ive seen her move 7 times leaving damage and unpaid rent at each place, its just finally caught up with her. Im sure when it happens she will rant at me what an awful person i am and if her boyfriend is around then theyl get really nasty but that wont accomplish anything for them.