Becoming involved again...

pasajes4

I think it is an exciting prospect for you guys. It gives you a new locus to concentrate on besides son's shenanigans which is a great bonus.

Jabberwockey

Yeah, not so positive now. They countered our offer and gave us till 12:30 to respond. We responded almost two hours early but not early enough to stop them from considering the increased cash bid. Getting sick of this. If I had a real estate business and did business like this, the government would shut me down for unethical practices. Bastards.

ah, my oldest son bought a home in foreclosure. All they're interested in is getting as much money as they can.

You could always say no to their counter or
counter their counter offer... go up $100. and see what happens. I'm a firm believer in if it's meant to be, it will happen.

Good luck! We're all rooting for you.

Jabberwockey

We accepted their counter. If they take the other bid and the house comes back on the market within a week, which is what I believe will happen, we will put in our bid with a letter informing them that their vaunted cash bids keep backing out once its under contract. this will be our LAST bid, take it or leave it. We will not bid on a foreclosure again after this.

The cash buyers almost have to be flippers trying to get the price down in order to increase their profitability. If the government is too freaking stupid to realize this then its their problem, not ours. We have our eye on another piece of bare land that we could build on and has more acreage.

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
Our rental property was a foreclosure and it took the bank 6 weeks to get back to us on our offer. Foreclosures can be a great deal but can be very frustrating too.

Lil

Almost 3 and still waiting. :( At this point we're not holding our breath. Just tired of waiting and getting more than a little ticked off at them. Why ask us for these two things and at the same time tell the other bidder what was going on and let them raise their bid? I do think Jabber's right. The cash offer must be a flipper. Why spend close to $50k on a house to fix up when you have that much CASH that would easily go to a already in good shape house? I suppose it could be someone with bad credit...but if you have bad enough credit you can't get a loan, you likely don't have $50k hanging out in your bank account either.

If it doesn't happen, it doesn't. There's other property out there much cheaper. Would take us longer to be ready to move...but gives us more time to get our house sold.

Jabberwockey

It has 10 acres. Tanya, it isnt the bank. The bank seems very blase about the fact that its a fixer upper or a foreclosure. Its the idiotic government policies that Fannie Mae has to go by.

Lil

10 acres of mostly woods, a little old (1930's) cottage, a big 30x40 metal building and plenty of room for garden, orchard and chickens! :D

It's pretty much exactly what we want. A little far from work, but affordable / large acreage / close to work = you only get two of the three.

Scent of Cedar *

It sounds really nice, you two. I hope you get it. Built in the 30s must have lots of character and well constructed.

Apple orchards and chickens and plenty of room ~ that sounds so nice!

Cedar

Lil

. Built in the 30s must have lots of character and well constructed.

It's mostly field stone - like big rocks picked up out of the fields. They're full of pits and bumps and there's a BIG one right next to the front door that looks like a heart! Character in spades. Well-constructed? Well...it needs LOTS of work. But it could be exactly what we want.

5:30 on a Friday - and we have heard nothing. :(

New Leaf

Deep breaths and heartfelt prayers for you. If it's meant to be it will be. Keep the faith, will keep thinking positive here. The anticipation is agonizing.

:hangin: Hang in there!

Lil

We never heard on the house. If that wasn't annoying enough, Jabber just told me he has the impression our son is planning on quitting his job this weekend.

I will LOSE IT on that kid if he quits without a job to go to! I pointed out FOUR places he could have applied within a block of his present job this morning. But at 2 instead of going, he called Jabber for a ride home.

I seriously will NOT help him again if he does this. No rides, no picking up the girlfriend. I am done if he quits without another job.

Jabber just told me he has the impression our son is planning on quitting his job this weekend.

Breathe... Your son may have said something to that effect, but he hasn't done it yet so there's still hope.

As far as the house goes, you may not hear anything until Monday. ugh... I'm frustrated right along with you.

New Leaf

We never heard on the house. If that wasn't annoying enough, Jabber just told me he has the impression our son is planning on quitting his job this weekend.
Ouch double whammy,
:furious:
our d cs sure have impeccable timing.

Sorry for all of the frustration with this. It is tough. Prayers for you both!
leafy

Lil

I will be picking him up from work soon and he'll be calling the landlords. Before he does, I plan to tell him my feelings on this. I know he hates this job. I'm willing to help him find another. He can use my computer. I'll even give him rides. But if he quits without another job to go to, I will not go get that girl. I won't give him rides. I won't help him move or give him furniture for an apartment he has no job to pay for.

We'll see how it goes.

wakeupcall

Why do our DCs think that jobs are easy to come by? My Difficult Child works a job and after a week or two, quits it and he lounges around for months till he finds another. I've tried and tried to tell him what you tell your son, it's ok if you don't like it, but keep it till you have another. My Difficult Child has never done that. Right now he's between jobs. He's in another city hours away mooching off his bio family. I.JUST.DON'T.GET.IT.....and I guess I never will. Maybe when I was that age I just wanted to be independent and away from my controlling parents, so I got a job to get away. Now, our DCs don't see it that way..