I can't do this....

A dad

I hope so too. He did say he'd do the evaluation; I need to schedule that. Short of that, his therapist is back from Maui on the 18th...he could go back to her. I would prefer he have a real evaluation, but setting that up...and now working around a work schedule...us up to me. So I have to have his schedule to try to schedule around.

As for moving out, the plan is he give us 1/2 his paychecks or all but $100 ever two weeks, whichever is more. We will save that and, hopefully in about 10 weeks, he will have enough saved to move out and we'll start helping him look for a place. Given his credit and lack of work history...might take some doing.

Is it common to get payed every week or 2 weeks in USA?

Lil

What Jabber said. In my work I see paychecks from various companies all the time and I'd have to say every two weeks is the most common pay period. Some employers, usually smaller ones, do pay every week and some do two times a month (on the 15th and last day of the month, or something similar). It isn't uniform at all and no regulated in any way.

InsaneCdn

Ditto Canada. Most people here are paid either bi-weekly (every second week), or semi-monthly (twice a month, usually 15th and last day of the month).

Lil

They used to pay government workers one a month. I loved it. Once you got used to it, you paid your bills all at once and then you knew what was left for the rest of the month. I didn't think anyone but the military still paid that way.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
When husband was in the military (80's), they were just switching to offer the option of 2x monthly pay. husband was used to monthly pay so stuck with it.

I worked for a local national company in Germany and was paid monthly. Gov't pensions are paid monthly as well.
As a civilian employee, I was paid weekly, biweekly, or semi-monthly. The only one I hate is weekly: the pits to budget for.

BusynMember

it is up to the company, if private, when its employees get paid. I get paid every other Tuesday. In the U.S. most people work non government. It used to be that government jobs paid good and had nice benefits Since my daughter is going into law enforcement, I hope the benefit part still stands. Even in Right To Work union banushing states like Wisconsin, the police and fire fighters are considered worthy enough to keep their benefits. Teachers up here...not so much. Teachers took big hits when unions took big hits. I know many teachers who did great things for my kids, and they are unhappy and even alarmed.

Sorry to get off track.

Last edited:

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Yep, there's no law that says how often or when a private company pays its employees, just that it pays them.

Tuesday's a bit weird though. Usually it's Wednesday or Friday IME.

pasajes4

He starts tomorrow at 8 a.m. That works well, I can drop him off before I go to work. Fingers crossed.

This is a good thing. Try not to lecture him on the way to dropping him off. I am guilty of this and it is not heard in the same spirit in which it is given.

Lil

No problems getting up and around. Dropped him off at 7:50 and was late to my own job...but no one really cares a lot about that. Fingers and toes appreciated. :)