The Saga Continues: wow....just wow. :(

InsaneCdn

, but I was convinced that if he did have the disorder it was extremely mild and we did fine. He was a difficult kid. He tantrumed a lot. When he was 3 I got called to the daycare center almost every single day,
Ummm..... Lil?
You sound a bit like me.

"mild", you said.

and then "called to the daycare center almost every single day".

Mild? nope. It's just that us Mom's don't really see our kids as having as many challenges as they really do.

Lil

Oh, and don't go breaking a rule once, just once, yourself... or the rule isn't a rule. No jaywalking... is a rule. But if you break the rule, then he can break the rule whenever he wants, because it's not really a rule. (really black and white thinking)

Oh that's him BIG time! Like I said, if there's a monsoon and we said, "Okay...open the garage doors and you can smoke in there for now." he would take that as a blanket approval to always smoke in the garage and no matter how many times we would say, NO he would ask over and over and over..."It's cold." "It's raining." "But you let me before." Makes you nuts.

Jumper has boots that let the water soak in and we live in Wisconsin. We have offered to buy her waterproof boots, but she turned us down saying she would never wear them, it's not that far from class-to-class, etc. etc. This is in WISCONSIN where her town sometimes has a foot of snow.

You'd think a teenage girl would love something like those horrible Uggs that everyone here wears. Or is Missouri just that far behind the rest of the country and they're out of fashion? lol

I'm NOT getting him a D&D book. He was supposed to get boots. When he walks to work in snow and his feet are soaked and he has to work all night with wet feet and whines about it, I'll offer the boots again. :sochildish:

Lil

Ummm..... Lil?
You sound a bit like me.
"mild", you said.
and then "called to the daycare center almost every single day".
Mild? nope.

Well I can see how that sounds contradictory...but getting up early, giving him a watch, etc...we fixed the problem. He was always one minute away from a tantrum at home, but he was an excellent 2 year old and I figured I just got the "terrible 3's" instead. And of course when he was 4 we had him to the psychiatrist, no diagnosis. So, yeah. The other kids I knew of who were actually autistic were WAY different and the stuff I saw on Asperger's, including videos I watched, etc...those kids were WAY different. So relatively speaking, it was mild.

It might also have something to do with the fact that I was NEVER around children growing up and in my young adulthood. I never babysat. My son was the first kid who's diaper I ever changed and I was 31! I knew he was difficult...but I thought it was just a little worse than the average kid, you know?

Last edited:

BusynMember

You'd think a teenage girl would love something like those horrible Uggs that everyone here wears. Or is Missouri just that far behind the rest of the country and they're out of fashion? lol
Her ex-boyfriend bought her Uggs. But she has at least two other pairs too. She says they all leak, including the Uggs.

What a waste of money! No, Missouri is not behind. Actually, she loves boots that looks like high house slippers, Uggs or from Walmart.

My husband and I call Uggs, Ugglies.

pasajes4

We had a therapist who told me to tell him what I needed to say one time. Telling him over and over was counter productive. It reinforced the message that we don't think they are capable of doing anything without holding their hand.

Jabberwockey

Words cannot express how happy I am at this moment!

I love you VERY much Honey and I'm happy that you're happy but for the record, I'm reserving judgement till I have something more than his word to go on. You know, like when I GPS him on Sunday night to see if he's at work.

I hope he's telling the truth, I really honestly do, but he has lied too many times about too many things for me to not take this latest tidbit with a grain of salt and a health dose of skepticism.
:hamwheelsmilf:

GuideMe

I love you VERY much Honey and I'm happy that you're happy but for the record, I'm reserving judgement till I have something more than his word to go on. You know, like when I GPS him on Sunday night to see if he's at work.

I hope he's telling the truth, I really honestly do, but he has lied too many times about too many things for me to not take this latest tidbit with a grain of salt and a health dose of skepticism.
:hamwheelsmilf:

Is there anyway to find out before then? Try checking his phone records to see if he really spoke to his job.

BusynMember

Lil, I wasn't around little kids either before I had 37. My mother couldn't trust me to take care of my younger siblings as I was way too immature. So 37s diaper was the first one I changed.

After being positively delightful for one year (he smiled at everyone and did everything early), he started showing his "difficult" side when I started taking him to play dates. Somebody always got hurt, and it wasn't him. He was really a mean kid. He didn't even have tantrums. He was just mean and it was beyond embarassing to me as well as disturbing.

There was no way I could have missed that he was "different." None. Nada. Even if I had been an alien from another planet that didn't have humans, I would have known by the shocked faces of the other mothers. Still, I didn't know what to do about it and nobody took me seriously (called him spoiled) and he started therapy at eight, but quit when he got old enough to do so.

He made the psychiatric hospital list at age twelve, but I quickly rescued him out of there. Looking back, I didn't want to think it was as bad as it was. I wouldn't have taken him out if I'd really been honest with myself. He HAS gotten on-and-off better, depending upon whether or not he is under stress. I am still not sure what was going on with him beside extreme anxiety disorder. "It" doesn't have a name beyond that one.

(Sorry for the interruption, guys. I'll go back into hiding)

BusynMember

Thanks!!!!! :) :)

by the way, my daughter's Ugglies look like she picked them out of a trash pile and they are only a year old. I know that's off topic.

GuideMe

With all this talk of aspie syndromes, it makes me seriously wonder if my daughter.......and myself have it! And I'm not even kidding....

in a daze

That's great news! Had similar experience with my son when he called to tell me he got his job back after being fired for being late x 2. This was last March.

My kid would never wear boots.

Happy for you! I hope he can keep the job.

GuideMe

Wouldn't know the number and knowing today versus Sunday is kind of irrelevant. Whether he has a job or not changes nothing for us at all.

Nothing? Well you were worried about whether he was lying about it, so it must have some kind of effect. If he's not lying then that would be a good thing. A positive thing. It's the first step of earning trust back. Sure he has a long, long, long way to go, but again, I emphasize first step.

Lil

Whether he has a job or not changes nothing for us at all.

Which isn't to say it isn't a HUGE thing. If he's working, he is a step closer to being able to take care of himself. But otherwise, for us, it's all the same. We're still not going to pay for anything. We'll pay the apartment if we have to. He still has to learn to live like a grown-up.

But I'm still smiling about it. :D

Lil

Nothing? Well you were worried about whether he was lying about it, so it must have some kind of effect. If he's not lying then that would be a good thing. A positive thing. It's the first step of earning trust back. Sure he has a long, long, long way to go, but again, I emphasize first step.

Jabber tends to wait for independent verification on such things anymore. :cautious: I still don't think our son is quite as deceitful as he does. Then again, I get hurt worse when we find out he's lying...again.

GuideMe

Jabber tends to wait for independent verification on such things anymore

That is totally understandable, as you all should. I was just questioning why he said it would make no difference at all even if he found out he was telling the truth, especially since he is going to GPS him on Sunday night to find out if he's telling the truth. Kind of conflicting information.