Somebody called CPS on me and now I'm worried

witzend

When she said "It was an anonymous complaint" that means "I am legally obligated to protect the anonymity of the person who complained." It doesn't mean she doesn't know who it was. A complainant doesn't have to leave a name, and I doubt that the Principal would, but you never know.

susiestar

Roll With It
It is HARD to leave a truly anonymous report because of caller ID and reverse phone directories. The SW cannot tell you who called, but has or can easily get the info on the person who reported.

Dirty dishes? If that were criminal they would not only have taken my kids but put me in prison for life. Mine are only all clean for an hour or so after I get them all done. It is annoying!

The animal issue is because many diseases can travel from human to animal and vice versa. If the animal has something truly contagious to humans, it could be unsafe to have the kids around the animal with-o precautions. So that is why the SW needs to call animal control. They also check because many, if not most very abusive people are also abusive to their pets, so if animal control is worried, they could do a deeper check on you. Of course it is not an issue for you!

File that complaint BEFORE the IEP. Let them know that you won't tolerate the bullying. As for moving Difficult Child, if she is doing better where she is rather than at her home school, but she still needs improvement, it makes no sense to send her back to where she did worse. That truly is violating her FAPE rights.

Have you read through the SPED forum archives for help with IEPs? There is a LOT of info there!

wow, im going through a similar thing....the difference is that my vindictive ex is working with the prinicpal in calling CPS. I acutally filed a civil complaint against the school ...and cps was called for revenge. what truly disgusts me is that none of the people involved are out for my childs interest...its all their inflated egos and self interest. Im filing complaints as high as I can go. My child was pulled from school and interrogated with awful questions by an investigator....this should not be allowed. I can never erase the look of terror on my childs face...its forever burned into my memory and hers as well. I'll do what I can until my last penny is spent to get justice for the revenge that occured. Since the statistics show that 75% of calls are made by a revenge seeking upset person....the names should be disclosed...reglardless of a mandated reporter or not....it seems so unamerican that someone making such severly serious false accusations can remain untouched.

Copabanana

I'll do what I can until my last penny is spent to get justice for the revenge that occured.
custody, I hope you start a new thread.

I would not want you to be hurt by trying to right a wrong at the expense of yourself or your future.

Sometimes the best way to right a wrong is to move on and to not dwell in the hurt.

I am sorry this happened to you and to your child.