Our son is still in his addiction...Kratom

BusynMember1

It's very frustrating. Addicts who are using actively do not think like we do or they would stop. Addicts quit every day. Until/unless they do quit, they live in a world of no rules, no responsibility and selfishness.

It is a terrible disease

susiestar

Roll With It
I am sorry that your middle son is still in the depths of addiction. You are right about him being very sweet natured when sober. I wish I had a magic wand that would fix addiction. My brother is (and has been) lying about his sobriety for quite some time. My mother buys his lies about his sobriety. The rest of us don't. You don't have a truck full of beer cans if you are sober. Or a 12 pack of beer in your home. Esp when NONE of the family would drink around you in your home.

I hope that someday someone figures out a real way to help those with addiction. Until then, all we can do is support each other.

mogburn2

Hi all...
It's been a long while since I've posted. I came here today with a heavy heart after reading lovemyson1 post about her son passing...there but for the grace of God go I. Yes, it could be any of us. I hope all will wrap their loving arms around her in support.

Just wanted to post a brief update that we are still allowing our middle son to live with us lest he be homeless like he was for a number of years.

He is working a couple of days a week and insists on going to the smoke shop not only for his vaping but for Kratom. I know very little about this substance but am concerned!
Seems his leaning towards addictive substances is never far away.

He can't work very many hours for health reasons but he does work enough to afford this Kratom. Do any of y'all have experience with yours using this? Should I be worried?
As its name suggests, Thai kratom is a strain native to Thailand. This highly sought-after strain is also one of the most accessible, and is available in green, white, and red vein varieties. The effects will be dictated by the vein colour, but, as all three are available, it is really down to the user as to which one is most suitable. Thai kratom provides an initially stimulating feeling, even in small doses, and settles into a soothing and relaxing sensation that lasts quite some time.